Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Joyvankek

Learned
If anyone activate it on GoG, the game is listed as "unknown" in your owned games. Doesn't have picture or anything else.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like being completely oblivious to the lore here will be a plus for playability.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

1:35 - Amazing psyker build in mc
2:03 - A Space Marine companion. I wonder how broken OP he will gonna be.
5:05 - Interesting story so far.
8:08 - Space combat update. So far was the weakest part of alpha. Glad to see that they are improving it.

Other video showing char creation

3:52 - Biomancer psyker is in the game.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

And he talks about psi ratting. How high can someone psy rating reach in this game? Imagine paying with a psy rating of 6.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/news/en/24

BETA AVAILABLE NOW​

Lord Captain!

Urgent report from the bridge! All incoming vox transmissions report that the beta of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is available to play!

Start the game from the very beginning, create your unique character using the newly implemented character creation system, and try our new epic space battles! A full chapter taking place in the dark city of Commorragh, a new Adeptus Astartes companion, and a lot of new content lies ahead of you. Check the full list of changes below!

Moreover, a new spectacular trailer is here! Take a look at how important your decisions will be and how drastically they can affect the course of events:

Become a founder and get access to the beta right now at https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/

Don’t forget to check out the beginner’s guide!

What’s new in the beta:

1. Expanded story​

The Alpha used to start in Act II, exposing only a fraction of the story and leaving many questions unanswered.

The Beta allows you to start from the very beginning, earning your position as a Lord Captain in the Prologue and Act I, continuing through the familiar, but updated Act II, and finally venturing into the dark city of Commorragh, home of the insidious Drukhari, in Act III.

2. New Space Marine companion​

Ulfar, a mighty Adeptus Astartes from the Space Wolves chapter, will join your retinue in the Beta to crush your enemies in the Emperor’s name.

3. Character generation and tutorials​

In the Alpha, you were thrown into the fray. The Beta brings in a proper character generator with many customization options (which will be further expanded by release) and numerous tutorials that will help you to figure out various aspects of gameplay.

4. Updated character progression​

Character progression has seen a significant overhaul, introducing 1 brand new doctrine and 6 updated old doctrines (previously called careers) with dozens of new and updated skills and abilities. Psykers and Navigators have also received their own ability trees.

5. Combat preparation phase​

In the Beta, you are finally able to select the initial placement of your characters before the combat begins. Besides general tactical flexibility, this will also allow you to prepare for encounters that take place after cutscenes.

6. Convictions system​

Important decisions taken during the course of the adventures of your Lord Captain will have lasting consequences called Convictions. Your character will accumulate points towards Imperialis, Benevolentia, or Hereticus, unlocking new perks and dialogue options. While the system is still in very early stages, you can already have a glimpse of it in the Beta.

7. Levelling up and upgrading your voidship​

Ship management has received its own interface, where you can manage and upgrade the components of your ship and select new abilities as it levels up.

In the future, you will also be able to manage officer posts on the ship taken by your companions, but that functionality is not yet available for the Beta.

8. Space combat overhaul​

Space combat has received a massive update, including new space backgrounds, new HUD, shield UI, combat grid visuals, and a great number of balance and gameplay updates.

9. New system map visuals​

The system map has received a full set of stunning new visuals.

10. New global map​

The global map has received a lot of UI updates, including new art, quest objective markers, new scan visual effects, and more.

11. Updated colonization​

Colonization has also seen a significant update, with improved UI and an array of balance changes.

12. Loot and cargo UI updates​

The loot and cargo UI has received a significant overhaul, allowing you to easily move and manage items between these two categories without manually browsing every container.

13. Reputation, vendors, and profit factor overhaul​

The profit factor is no longer a regenerating resource, but a modifiable threshold instead. Along with reputation, it now determines which items are available to you from vendors. As for the vendors themselves, once you meet them, you may now contact them remotely from your voidship.

14. New main menu​

The main menu of the game has received its own art and now looks way closer to its final version.

15. Updated dialogue UI​

Dialogue UI has received new art, better font readability, and more space on the screen.

Joyvankek

Learned

Hmmm so I forked around 100$ yet some youtubers get it even earlier that I do... Well aren't I and anyone else who did that a sucker.

Do you provide valuable free marketing for the company? No? Get in line, paypig.

I provided shekels. Before the game is even out, somebody naive would assume it should count for something.
In some rare occasions it does.
But I am not so stupid to believe that to be the case in majority of cases, so fair I guess.
As Desiderius said, we want to improve the thing we are passionate about. Getting early and giving feedback.
Still it does make us suckers in the end. As Owlcat showed beyond any doubt.

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
more like a year and 6 months honestly

i regret being a retarded games workshop paypig and buying the alpha edition

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm probably too busy to give it a solid playthrough, but it's too tempting not to shit on owlcat see how a 40k cRPG is.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What biomancy powers are in this game? I'm very happy, I was thinking that they would only include pyromancy or other boring psyker discipline.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
How long did you guys have to wait before you got to download?

I'm still staring at a waiting for payment screen even though I paid an hour ago.

edit: Apparently it's a known issue and they're scrambling to fix it. Goddamn Owlcat, I'm not even in your game yet and there's bugs.

:argh:

Last edited:

Longes

Augur
How long did you guys have to wait before you got to download?

I'm still staring at a waiting for payment screen even though I paid an hour ago.

edit: Apparently it's a known issue and they're scrambling to fix it. Goddamn Owlcat, I'm not even in your game yet and there's bugs.

:argh:
I paid for it months ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Phew, sorry, got here just now.
Soooo, how are you doing here?
I have a question: I looked at Mortismal's video, and, at the end, you can see your ship and so on. Are you guys going to include a fully customizable ship in character creation later on? Or was that there just to be able to name your ship, and extra style points?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom