Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The gods they created were entities that ruled over the eldar, sort of.

Sort of. Liber Chaotica explicitly states Eldar gods started off as sentient warp tools/weapons. It was only after the fall of the Old Ones that Eldar started to treat them as actual deities.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
What makes chaos the baddies besides chaos being in general tolerant and inclusive?
They are liberals.

Owlcat_Eyler - Abelard's charge seems to be awfully buggy. A few times he just doesn't attack the target at the end of the charge, and just now I tried to have him charge and he just levitated on the spot, which rendered him useless as he now couldn't move or attack in melee.
Do you have problems only with Abelard's Charge? Or with Heinrix's too? Btw, don't forget that you can bug report directly from the game using Alt+B

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Because no one tells the rogue traders what to do
But she was boarded when it was an official imperial endeavor.
It was always a RT ship. Your predecessor found and recruited her, and Rogue Traders have the liberty to do what they want.

Unsanctioned Psykers are plenty common when you get into the higher tiers of Imperial society, because everyone wants an ace up their sleeve.

My first run was rushed, so I could miss that detail.

BTW, I played as Adept and there were not signs of malkavian-like dementia. I wonder if Owlcat try to add this in full release (imagine romance between crewmember and slivering into madness Adept :D).

Owlcat_Eyler:​

Sister Argenta romance when?

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

La vie sexuelle

Learned
He answered this one. Her chastity will forever remain intact.

Strange. I mean, I understand artistic reasons, but it's strange decisions from a marketing perspective. Lovable Sister of Battle seems a mine of gold.
No Argenta romance, alas

You will regret it!

By the way, what "greatest victories" you prepare for Adept in character creator?

Varnaan

Augur
I played a bit of the beta after playing the BG3 EA and I have to ask, where the fuck do they find their UI designers ? Poland ? Ukrainian refugees ?
Both UI fail at effectively conveying information, instead of having multiple clear screens about all systems you have weird ass barely legible shit.
Jesus.
I spent like 45 minutes filling out the survey complaining about the UI so I hope they improve it a bit.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I played a bit of the beta after playing the BG3 EA and I have to ask, where the fuck do they find their UI designers ? Poland ? Ukrainian refugees ?
Both UI fail at effectively conveying information, instead of having multiple clear screens about all systems you have weird ass barely legible shit.
Jesus.
I spent like 45 minutes filling out the survey complaining about the UI so I hope they improve it a bit.
is survey ui gud?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Jesus.
is survey ui gud?

Functional, but a baroque heavy.

MartinK

Learned
Realistically a RT shouldn’t go on away mission or ever see a combat unless osmehitng goes really wrong. Even a small warhammer ship is big enough to have its own squad of elite combat goons for this purpose. How about they cut all in close and personal bullcrap and focus on fleet battles and mass combat?

Trithne

Erudite
Realistically a RT shouldn’t go on away mission or ever see a combat unless osmehitng goes really wrong. Even a small warhammer ship is big enough to have its own squad of elite combat goons for this purpose. How about they cut all in close and personal bullcrap and focus on fleet battles and mass combat?
Because Battlefleet Gothic already exists.

And Rogue Traders aren't a military thing, they're vainglorious adventurer types that need to be at the front of every discovery. Also 40k in general takes a "lead by example" attitude.

Parabalus

Arcane
The combat reminds me of PoE, in that you will often start combat with the same sequence of buffs.

Random initiative helps a lot in this regard though.

Seems like it's missing a few classes, you get duplicates among your companions easily.

Longes

Augur
Something that I just thought of, that I should have mentioned in the Beta Survey - there are not enough fancy hats in the game. We are the Rogue Trader, one of the most powerful, most fancy people in the Imperium. How are people supposed to know that when we are wearing some dinky green helmet?! We need hats! Magnificent hats! Hats so complex and towering the Dawi Zharr would gladly let us among them. If I can not assert my dominance over the commonfolk by the mere shadow of my hat - how will the people know they are supposed to grovel?

Seems like it's missing a few classes, you get duplicates among your companions easily.
I believe there are supposed to be three tiers of four classes each in the final release.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Because Battlefleet Gothic already exists.

And Rogue Traders aren't a military thing, they're vainglorious adventurer types that need to be at the front of every discovery. Also 40k in general takes a "lead by example" attitude.
Yeah, they're basically privateers. They are private individuals given permission by the Imperium to trade and engage in a little pirate trolling.
Just as a pirate captain would personally lead a raid on a coastal village, a Rogue Trader would personally make planetfall to oversee operations and take his first pick of the loot.

lightbane

Arcane
Something that I just thought of, that I should have mentioned in the Beta Survey - there are not enough fancy hats in the game. We are the Rogue Trader, one of the most powerful, most fancy people in the Imperium. How are people supposed to know that when we are wearing some dinky green helmet?! We need hats! Magnificent hats! Hats so complex and towering the Dawi Zharr would gladly let us among them. If I can not assert my dominance over the commonfolk by the mere shadow of my hat - how will the people know they are supposed to grovel?
Don't forget hiding guns inside said hat.
Classes being repetitive is somewhat accurate to the Pnp game, where classes shared a similar list of skills and talents to buy with EXP, but what did they get varied on the class, with a few exceptions being more unique than the others such as the psyker classes. If you wanted something not available on the list, you buy a "prestige class" to do that. Some of said advanced classes gave you new abilities as well.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
He answered this one. Her chastity will forever remain intact.

Strange. I mean, I understand artistic reasons, but it's strange decisions from a marketing perspective. Lovable Sister of Battle seems a mine of gold.
No Argenta romance, alas

You will regret it!

By the way, what "greatest victories" you prepare for Adept in character creator?
Are you talking about Triumph? It's still under development, I can't tell you about it just yet, sorry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom