Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Longes

Augur
I've made the portrait for my first, heretical playthrough on full release:

90STeip.jpg

Very nice. But why he has Adeptus Mechanicus skull?
For the same reason he has an eagle:

FmJpRtXaMAEOFiQ.jpg:large

Longes

Augur
Is that AI-generated and then retouched, a human artist, or pure AI?
Hybrid. I generated the initial portrait from a sketch, then drew the 40k symbology like chaos star and the omnissiah, redrew some parts to fit my vision like the feather pauldron on the right shoulder, the chest, and the mustache, then regenerated it some more to blend in the style.

Last edited:

Longes

Augur
FzdGI5lWYAMCUMY

After a good sleep, I updated to fix some major issues. And added a Drukhari pin because as the posture tells you - this is a very confused man in a world that turned out to be much bigger than he thought

lightbane

Arcane
He looks like he's having an identity crisis rather than being stark raving mad and evil, as he would if he was a true chaos follower.

Longes

Augur
He looks like he's having an identity crisis rather than being stark raving mad and evil, as he would if he was a true chaos follower.
One day you are just a low-ranking clerk of Adeptus Administratum, counting how much space corn will be space taxed this quarter, and the next thing you know you are a Rogue Trader, a giant bird is monologuing at you and the elves are stealing the sun. If only he had a towel for safety.

Trithne

Erudite
It's pretty nice, except the Dark Eldar badge on the collar just looks like one of those various forms of "I'm queer" badges that tumblr kids stick all over their possessions. Ditch that and maybe the mechanicum badge and it'll be solid, even with the heretical staff.

Harthwain

Magister
It's pretty nice, except the Dark Eldar badge on the collar just looks like one of those various forms of "I'm queer" badges that tumblr kids stick all over their possessions.
I thought that was the whole point of the pin?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Longes You do commissions? I got some OSRS gold I'd be willing to trade you.
At present - no.

Good, coz I could not repay you anyway.
But if you decide to challenge your creativeness by making an RT-style potrait of a "stern but noble looking space-dwarf, with beard and stuff" who is going to be full pro-imperium orthodox, I'll salute your decision.
I doubt Owlcat will have a proper representaion of the dwarves.
As a bonus:

Longes

Augur
At present - no.

But if you decide to challenge your creativeness by making an RT-style potrait of a "stern but noble looking space-dwarf, with beard and stuff" who is going to be full pro-imperium orthodox, I'll salute your decision.
As a bonus:
vObCCjh.jpg

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
At present - no.

As a bonus:
vObCCjh.jpg

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Looks great, thanks.
:bro:
I now have my RT char portrait.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
At present - no.

As a bonus:
vObCCjh.jpg

w(°o°)w
I want more of them!

Ryzer

Arcane
Question, Is it hard for a pure newcomer to the Warhammer franchise to understand what's happening in the game?

Longes

Augur
At present - no.

As a bonus:
vObCCjh.jpg

w(°o°)w
I want more of them!
You can also ask for one.

Vatnik Wumao
Question, Is it hard for a pure newcomer to the Warhammer franchise to understand what's happening in the game?
Not any more than with Owlcat's prior Pathfinder titles. And the game has hyperlinks in dialogue for concepts that aren't explained through direct lore dumps, so you can just click on those when the need arises.

Peachcurl

Arcane
Not any more than with Owlcat's prior Pathfinder titles. And the game has hyperlinks in dialogue for concepts that aren't explained through direct lore dumps, so you can just click on those when the need arises.
Cool didn't know that (avoiding the beta, as per usual on story-heavy games, no spoilers plux). Pretty neat feature for newcomers.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hopefully not, because I'm in the same boat. And I've had friends that have offered to... erm... indoctrinate me. I refused. I want the game to do the talking.

After I've played the game, I'll look into it. Probably with a lot more zest, if the Rogue Trader's actually good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom