Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
He looks kinda nutty.

FzsvCNvXwAAS8uH

He is the splitting image of Iwan Rheon.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
He looks kinda nutty.
Oh does he? Looks pretty sane to me
Speaking of "nutty"... congratulations on 100 posts here. This is the point where the crazy train begins, because *we* may have some questions for you: what are you favourite RPGs as far as gameplay? Favourite RPGs as far as story? Favourite RPG OST(s)? Western RPGs or JRPGs? Favourite class? Favourite race(s)? RTwP, TB or Phase-Based combat?

Basically... what's your street cred? Why were you sent here, to gaze into the abyss?

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
He looks kinda nutty.
Speaking of "nutty"... congratulations on 100 posts here. This is the point where the crazy train begins, because *we* may have some questions for you: what are you favourite RPGs as far as gameplay? Favourite RPGs as far as story? Favourite RPG OST(s)? Western RPGs or JRPGs? Favourite class? Favourite race(s)? RTwP, TB or Phase-Based combat?

Basically... what's your street cred? Why were you sent here, to gaze into the abyss?
oh boi
1. Gameplay - Divinity Original Sin (1-2); The Elder Scrolls; Neverwinter Nights 2
2. Story - Mass Effect 2; Dragon Age Origins;
3. Ost - Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (Main Theme; Airborne); Morrowind Theme (and other Jeremy Soule's music for TES); The Witcher 3 OSTs are nice too. It may sound biased but RT's Main Theme gives me goosebumps.
4. Western RPGs
5. Class - I believe we're talking about Pathfinder or DnD system. Then it'll be Ranger or Druid
6. Race - Elf
7. Turn-based.

"Why were you sent here, to gaze into the abyss?"

"Most people are like cats. They either puff up to look dangerous or they crouch down and hope you don't see them. You show them you're not a victim or threat, and they're in your lap and purring before you know it."

p.s. I'm here voluntarily.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why were you sent here, to gaze into the abyss?

Because this is the only place that has good taste in RPGs. That's it, full stop.

For what it's worth, I do think that Owlcat_Eyler is here because they want to. There's no real marketing incentive: the population here isn't big enough to devote a marketing person to, and half of the codex just pirates games anyways.

However...

1688001494871.png

Modron

Arcane
For what it's worth, I do think that @Owlcat_Eyler is here because they want to. There's no real marketing incentive: the population here isn't big enough to devote a marketing person to, and half of the codex just pirates games anyways.

However...
Third option leave the codex then spend years bitching about it on whatever new site you settle on.

jungl

Augur
looks like the kind of rival you want to have a lulzy rivalry. Be braggart friends but lure each other in death traps all the time resulting in countless of servants, citizens, and others dying needless comical deaths.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Morrowind Theme (and other Jeremy Soule's music for TES)
My only comment to your post (mostly because I wouldn't want to bully a dev too hard into stopping their posting here) is that this is a place where our passion is RPGs. You can call that piece by its actual name: "Nerevar Rising". People around here would know what you mean. :)

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
He looks kinda nutty.

oh boi
1. Gameplay - Divinity Original Sin (1-2); The Elder Scrolls; Neverwinter Nights 2
2. Story - Mass Effect 2; Dragon Age Origins;
:nocountryforshitposters:

The_Mask

Patron
I would like to hear about your favourite RPGs (plot and mechanics in particular) as well
Planescape: Torment, NWN 2: MOTB and KOTOR 2 for story.

For mechanics there are many, but I like Kenshi, Temple of Elemental Evil and Grimoire.

OSTs: Divinity Original Sin (1): Power of Innocence, Irenicus' Battle Theme from Baldur's Gate 2 and Mulsantir's Theme from Mask of the Betrayer.

Monk. Human. Phase-Based combat.

And I don't discriminate. Western or Eastern, I will play anything. For example, there's that Monkey King ARPG coming from China... I don't care. I'll prolly play it. :lol: :D

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
I would like to hear about your favourite RPGs (plot and mechanics in particular) as well
Planescape: Torment, NWN 2: MOTB and KOTOR 2 for story.

For mechanics there are many, but I like Kenshi, Temple of Elemental Evil and Grimoire.

OSTs: Divinity Original Sin (1): Power of Innocence, Irenicus' Battle Theme from Baldur's Gate 2 and Mulsantir's Theme from Mask of the Betrayer.

Monk. Human. Phase-Based combat.

And I don't discriminate. Western or Eastern, I will play anything. For example, there's that Monkey King ARPG coming from China... I don't care. I'll prolly play it. :lol: :D
Nice taste. Some of my friends praise and love KOTOR too, but I'm not a fan of the Star Wars universe. StarCraft, Warhammer, and Mass Effect are more to my liking.
Safiya's Khaji from MOTB was hilarious :-D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom