Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AshenNedra

Educated
WB5ErFC.jpg

And the last portrait, for the time being, is the Female Psyker.
Sir, you're very talented.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I would like to hear about your favourite RPGs (plot and mechanics in particular) as well

At a cursory look, a broad list of what I consider S-Class would be Dark Sun: The Shattered Lands, Fallout (Original), The Temple of Elemental Evil, Geneforge (any) Arcanum, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, Neverwinter Nights II: Mask of the Betrayer, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fallout: New Vegas, Planescape: Torment, Kotor II, System Shock 2, Deus Ex (Original), Mass Effect (Original only, heavy emphasis on the only), Prey (2017), Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Expeditions: Conquistador, any FromSoftware Soulsbourne, Persona (any), FFVI, the GBA-era Fire Emblems, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I might add more or remove some of these after further reflection. If Zelda counts as an RPG I would throw in Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past for sure.

The A-Class would be far more expansive and would include both Owlcat RPGs. Kingmaker could almost have been S-class for me but simply took too long to finish. I also dislike real-time with pause for the most part, that didn't help.

Last edited:

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
I would like to hear about your favourite RPGs (plot and mechanics in particular) as well

At a cursory look, a broad list of what I consider S-Class would be Dark Sun: The Shattered Lands, Fallout (Original), The Temple of Elemental Evil, Geneforge (any) Arcanum, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, Neverwinter Nights II: Mask of the Betrayer, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fallout: New Vegas, Planescape: Torment, Kotor II, System Shock 2, Deus Ex (Original), Mass Effect (Original only, heavy emphasis on the only), Prey (2017), Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Expeditions: Conquistador, any FromSoftware Soulsbourne, Persona (any), FFVI, the GBA-era Fire Emblems, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I might add more or remove some of these after further reflection. If Zelda counts as an RPG I would throw in Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past for sure.

The A-Class would be far more expansive and would include both Owlcat RPGs. Kingmaker could almost have been S-class for me but simply took too long to finish. I also dislike real-time with pause for the most part, that didn't help.
That's quite a list, very interesting though. Thank you for sharing!

Yoomazir

Educated
Larian made a huge impact with their bear. So now Owlcat needs to step up their game.
That is why I propose the addition of Slaneesh daemonette s&m romance and asari... errr Tau diplomat waifu.
Get to work, Owlcat, chop chop!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

"Knowledge is sacred. The raison d'être of every Cult of the Machine follower is to preserve the wisdom of the Cult and multiply it in any way. Immense knowledge and impressive technology lead to a power capable of conquering worlds... or destroying them." *

*the tweet had some spacing and capitalization errors, which I have fixed. Otherwise the words in it are exactly the same.

F0wAlYeX0AAQEp6

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I tend to care most about story, as long as the mechanics can support that story (and sometimes, even when they can't). That said, this list is not exclusively storyfag games.

Favourite RPGs: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol (!), Fallout, Chrono Trigger, Disco Elysium (yeah, yeah, fuck all of you), Wizardry 8, Ultima IV

Also, it's dumb that we can fuck a bear in 2023 but not a Sister of Battle. Just saying.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
I tend to care most about story, as long as the mechanics can support that story (and sometimes, even when they can't). That said, this list is not exclusively storyfag games.

Favourite RPGs: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol (!), Fallout, Chrono Trigger, Disco Elysium (yeah, yeah, fuck all of you), Wizardry 8, Ultima IV

Also, it's dumb that we can fuck a bear in 2023 but not a Sister of Battle. Just saying.
Nice ones as well. :cool:
The holiest Sister of Battle cannot be compared with an animal XD

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What about a holy animal then?

lightbane

Arcane
Larian made a huge impact with their bear. So now Owlcat needs to step up their game.
That is why I propose the addition of Slaneesh daemonette s&m romance and asari... errr Tau diplomat waifu.
Get to work, Owlcat, chop chop!
Aye, aye, Captain. :salute:
What? No Nurgle she-cultist for a literally jaw-dropping romance? Or a romance with a Khornate Berserker that will end in blood? Or a Tzeench cultist where she's secretly double-timing you? I'm disappoint.
The last one would be the best as you apparently have an already accurate depiction of the Eldar's behaviour regarding humies.

ArchAngel

Arcane

In what way? Are they better or worse at it? :P

Reinhardt

Arcane
codex - REEEEEEEEEEE! ROMANCES ARE BAD AND CRINGE!
also codex - gib me romances plis! the more degenerate - the better!

codex retards are offended by bear scene not because it's degenerate, but because it's just not degenerate enough anymore. it's soooooo vanilla. sooooooooo first half of 2023, and currently it's july already.

Shaki

Arbiter

codex retards are offended by bear scene not because it's degenerate, but because it's just not degenerate enough anymore. it's soooooo vanilla. sooooooooo first half of 2023, and currently it's july already.

Truth. That's what I was always telling Rusty when he was screeching about trannies in wrathfinder, while simping for Larian degenerates that brought us gay sex with a big red lizard. He just wanted more explicit hardcore content, probably gushing over the bear stuff.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

In what way? Are they better or worse at it? :P
Haha, it's up to you to decide ;)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

It is offensive in general because degenerate. It’s offensive to us because derivative in addition to being degenerate.

In- > De-

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's almost like the Codex is becoming more and more corrupted.

:imperialscum:

Reinhardt

Arcane

more like it feels it don't need to hide anymore

Vermillion

Educated

more like it feels it don't need to hide anymore
Sound like a pussy, just act like you actually want to. If you don't get along with others because of this, why would you want to stick around?

Vermillion

Educated
Am I playing Yrliet as intended by the developers?
you mean shooting her on the spot? yes, that's the only correct way to interract with spehs elves.
But it's funnier to see how high her Farseer kill count can reach.
The doctrines are being balanced yet and worked on. So don't pay much attention right now. But I still passed your video on to our designers to check.
Hunter is powerful right now, yes. Argenta can be a killing machine with this Tier II doctrine. :cool:
Appreciate it, flat damage buffs can get very good with burst weapons. You can pull a similar feat with any adept's clue and a full auto weapon as well. Pasqal is good for dumping stacks on one character and then deleting them. Takes a bit more work, but Fighters can deal a good amount of damage too. Will the strategist Doctrine make some kind of return did that end up fully scrapped with the changes from Alpha?
https://files.catbox.moe/ot5cec.mp4

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Am I playing Yrliet as intended by the developers?
you mean shooting her on the spot? yes, that's the only correct way to interract with spehs elves.
But it's funnier to see how high her Farseer kill count can reach.
The doctrines are being balanced yet and worked on. So don't pay much attention right now. But I still passed your video on to our designers to check.
Hunter is powerful right now, yes. Argenta can be a killing machine with this Tier II doctrine. :cool:
Appreciate it, flat damage buffs can get very good with burst weapons. You can pull a similar feat with any adept's clue and a full auto weapon as well. Pasqal is good for dumping stacks on one character and then deleting them. Takes a bit more work, but Fighters can deal a good amount of damage too. Will the strategist Doctrine make some kind of return did that end up fully scrapped with the changes from Alpha?
https://files.catbox.moe/ot5cec.mp4
Got it, ty

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom