Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I like this one a bit more than their usual B&W stuff, because this one reminds me of Berserk.

"Unbroken by adversity, to walk bravely first into the darkness." These are the words of the oath that all Rogue Traders of von Valancius dynasty recite. But will your valor abandon you when you truly do step into the darkest depths of space?

F15AIJpXsAEtfXd

This picture rules, now *that's* something you can get excited about! What's with all these smooth cartoon drama club dorks with WW2 junk stapled to them? The character art doesn't match the atmosphere depicted in this image at all!

skaraher

Prophet
I like this one a bit more than their usual B&W stuff, because this one reminds me of Berserk.

"Unbroken by adversity, to walk bravely first into the darkness." These are the words of the oath that all Rogue Traders of von Valancius dynasty recite. But will your valor abandon you when you truly do step into the darkest depths of space?

F15AIJpXsAEtfXd

Looks like Made in Abyss art.

lightbane

Arcane
Fitting, because MiA is Studio Ghibli meets CHAOS and Lovecraftian horrors (and whose author may be a pedobear).

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity

F15AIJpXsAEtfXd

Read that as Unbroken by diversity...

La vie sexuelle

Learned

F15AIJpXsAEtfXd

Read that as Unbroken by diversity...

Freudian mistake.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean no offense, but even if someone did live around Indy, I doubt anyone here is going. BG III is coming out, and so I strongly doubt (no matter the bravado) that anyone here will be doing anything else than either playing it, or watching closely how the release of it goes.

It's just that big.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
I mean no offense, but even if someone did live around Indy, I doubt anyone here is going. BG III is coming out, and so I strongly doubt (no matter the bravado) that anyone here will be doing anything else than either playing it, or watching closely how the release of it goes.

It's just that big.
yeah, fair enough. I asked just in case

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

It's just that big.
I'd definitely go to gen con if I lived nearby. The nice thing about single player video games is that they're happy to wait until you have time to play.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was thinking that it was annoying that you couldn't place your guys at the start of combat. Good addition.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Kinda shitty survey. If I feel like replaying a 100+ hour crpg, it's either 10 years after release (get the complete goty edition for 5 dollars), or immediately after finishing it. In either case a dlc which demands I replay the game NAO! is useless. But also, if you add 10 hour dlc to 100+ hour game it won't change that much.

Also the fact that owlcat specifically asks for 100+ hour means there's no chance rogue trader won't have the same amount of encounter bloat their pathfinder games did is there? :(

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

Kinda shitty survey. If I feel like replaying a 100+ hour crpg, it's either 10 years after release (get the complete goty edition for 5 dollars), or immediately after finishing it. In either case a dlc which demands I replay the game NAO! is useless. But also, if you add 10 hour dlc to 100+ hour game it won't change that much.

Also the fact that owlcat specifically asks for 100+ hour means there's no chance rogue trader won't have the same amount of encounter bloat their pathfinder games did is there? :(

There are much fewer combat encounters in RT. But due to the turn-based system, they take some time to get through. As I've said, the beta has about 60-70 hours of gameplay already(depending on your gaming style)
And I will also consider your feedback on the survey

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
These "nobles" look so goofy to me...

Incendia-Bastaal Chorda is the current head of the Chorda dynasty and one of the other Rogue Traders present in the Koronus Expanse.
She relies heavily on faith in her rule, but how far can she go in her blind devotion to the dogmas of the Imperium?

F2mqgTVWkAAJrEe

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
These "nobles" look so goofy to me...
You are wrong. They're great examples of the Imperium's diverse nobility.
What is confusing, though, is how Owlcat seems to be treating Rogue Traders and Imperial Lords of the Adeptus Terra... interchangably. Ruling planets is what the Lords do. Swashbuckling adventures and merchant empires is what the Rogue Traders do.

lightbane

Arcane
That's what the main Rogue Trader (antagonist) figure looks like in the Dark Heresy official campaign. Well, before he was taken by outer powers.
That guy is a paper-thin copy of Captain Harlock IIRC, with identical behaviour.

RTs are nobles in many cases due their immense wealth and influence, but they are usually those that were "gifted" a Warrant of Trade to push them out of the way of politics. Regular folk getting a WoT also happens though.

skaraher

Prophet
That's what the main Rogue Trader (antagonist) figure looks like in the Dark Heresy official campaign. Well, before he was taken by outer powers.
That guy is a paper-thin copy of Captain Harlock IIRC, with identical behaviour.

RTs are nobles in many cases due their immense wealth and influence, but they are usually those that were "gifted" a Warrant of Trade to push them out of the way of politics. Regular folk getting a WoT also happens though.
Well he is called Captain Haarlock, it's an hommage. And he is a noble.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom