Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
When is this game coming out again? Do we have a date? Month? Year?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Neural network sometimes creates better images than "creative" authors. Just set the art style and have patience
F3rajeZWYAECxLf

F3ralmMWYAA910p
F3ralmSWoAAeZbm

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
While it's indeed better than the cartoony comic book look, it's still all wrong, too plastic, looks like a 1990s movie adaptation. I think that's even Val Kilmer on the bottom right.

scytheavatar

Scholar

Owlcat told us to look at their past development schedule to predict when the game will be out. Since Kingmaker came out in 2018 and WOTR in 2021 it seems Sep 2024 is approximately when we can expect the game to be out.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Jesus christ look at those shit poverty graphics, how will you guys ever catch up with the greatness of Larian?!

Seems I will be king for a long, long time.
Actually BG3 has shit graphics because it zooms too much on character faces while graphics are not good enough for that. I rather have it like Owlcat does it.

I was just playing Shadowrun HK recently and there you get portrait and descriptions, I also prefer that to BG3 with that crazy zoom and terrible animations that show nothing.
Until they can get it close to RL better to do it like books do and leave the rest to our imagination. BG3 way just distracts. And bad VO does not help.

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Jesus christ look at those shit poverty graphics, how will you guys ever catch up with the greatness of Larian?!

Actually BG3 has shit graphics because it zooms too much on character faces while graphics are not good enough for that. I rather have it like Owlcat does it.

I was just playing Shadowrun HK recently and there you get portrait and descriptions, I also prefer that to BG3 with that crazy zoom and terrible animations that show nothing.
Until they can get it close to RL better to do it like books do and leave the rest to our imagination. BG3 way just distracts. And bad VO does not help.
Can't hear you over BG3 being the best PC and crpg game of all time

afbeelding.png

Let me know when one of your favorite poverty indie crpg studios comes even close to this metascore.

So: Cope, seethe and dilate.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Owlcat told us to look at their past development schedule to predict when the game will be out. Since Kingmaker came out in 2018 and WOTR in 2021 it seems Sep 2024 is approximately when we can expect the game to be out.

That sounds fine, until then I should have finished BG3 and need another big RPG to sink my teeth into

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

Can't hear you over BG3 being the best PC and crpg game of all time

afbeelding.png

Let me know when one of your favorite poverty indie crpg studios comes even close to this metascore.

So: Cope, seethe and dilate.
:M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I hope they fix/add more psionic abilities that are actually powerful for the latent psykers, they're so boring right now. I don't want to play x-com where you just shoot people to death, I found myself just console killing enemies sometimes because melee with swords or shooting people is just not interesting to me. WOTR was super fun with all the higher power abilities they gave you, feels strange playing this one where you feel like some random shitter.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
I hope they fix/add more psionic abilities that are actually powerful for the latent psykers, they're so boring right now. I don't want to play x-com where you just shoot people to death, I found myself just console killing enemies sometimes because melee with swords or shooting people is just not interesting to me. WOTR was super fun with all the higher power abilities they gave you, feels strange playing this one where you feel like some random shitter.
Psykers will have more abilities

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Psykers will have more abilities
Awesome! That was my only concern about the game. Thanks.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Woe to those who dare to incur the wrath of one of the most powerful organizations driven by unattainable ideals.
No one can hide from the punishing hand of the Inquisition, and even a high origin will not be able to bring you salvation during a righteous trial.

F4IYHSyXsAAkEYL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom