Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Men, how should we make an organization seem imposing and formidable?

Good idea man 1: A squad of crack troops at the ready.

Good idea man 2: EXTERMINATUS.

Good idea man 3: Show off the power and pomp of an inquisitor and their retinue.

Nobody: Let's show one of their statues surrounded by burning debris, implying they got their asses handed to them by demons, heretics or some such.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It probably will be but let's hope that's not the case.

Really excited for the panel. Waiting for some good news to finally push me into getting the beta.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EDIT: Infi, why not? Are you know something? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US?!
Because no game of this caliber launches in December. And why work hard just to have your game ignored by the people who are still playing BG3, Starfield and the many other releases of October?

There's just no room left this year. I'd be very surprised if Rogue Trader isn't a 2024 title.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
EDIT: Infi, why not? Are you know something? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US?!
Because no game of this caliber releases in December. And why work hard just to have your game ignored by the people who are still playing BG3, Starfield and the many other releases of October?

There's just no room left this year. I'd be very surprised if Rogue Trader isn't a 2024 title.
Don't worry , they gonna release Rogue Trader January 1 , 2024. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Unless I'm missing something obvious, isn't the winter holiday season a good time to release a game?
October-November is the sweet spot. December is typically the "rushing a buggy/unfinished release before the year ends and hoping for the best" month. The holiday season competition is going to be fierce regardless, and it's not the best idea to put out a B or even an A title out against things with mass appeal.

Though there have been times when there's no winning move. Sega delayed Alpha Protocol from October 2009 to May 2010 without any additional funding because they didn't have confidence in it, but putting it out after the superior-looking-and-playing Mass Effect 2 made it look all the more crap by comparison.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
N/A :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

YR72ulk.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why do the ingame models and the art for the companions look nothing alike?

I mean, Idira's white in her model. I thought she was black? Wtf.

1692890325812.png

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ah, "Trials and Travails" is an integral part of the character creation in the PnP Rogue Trader. Seeing things like this in the game always makes me a bit more optimistic about the final product we are going to get.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Of course the space-elf witch has 'unknown' romantic preferences. I'll make sure to fill in that 'unknown' with 'vacuum of space'.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Eh, is the trailer all we are getting?
Too much focus on relationships not enough of anything else.

Of course the space-elf witch has 'unknown' romantic preferences. I'll make sure to fill in that 'unknown' with 'vacuum of space'.
Based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom