Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Since the game page is pretty heavy on pre-order crap and pretty light on actual game details, have anyone said anything about the rules set in this one? Is it going to be an Owlcat homebrew? Are they adapting a pre-existing rulebook? I suppose they wouldn't be able to use the FFG stuff and the only thing that GW has that comes even remotely close would be either Inquisitor, or maybe the old WFRP rules.
Think it was said somewhere that they were using Rogue Trader TTRPG rules.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Saw the trailer, didn't like the animation style. Granny rogue trader looks somewhat one John Blanche's illustration for Inquisitor rulebook, but way more bland.
They should've gone for more stylized approach with it.

Otherwise my stance is wait (for inevitable Great Betrayal of extra pronouns or failing that all expansions and bugfixes) & see (the trainwreck).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Webp.net-resizeimage-16-5.jpg

Old Harkonnen:
Webp.net-resizeimage-19-5.jpg

So this thing had gold NES gamepad nipple plates with instructions on how to play with er... it?
BrVJnt7.jpg

That'd be a good marketing tassel for your bitch. Time to play tiddy winks. (They need a better model than.... ugh THAT THING!)

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
wotr was a disaster following a mediocre game that released unfinished and was about 80 hours too long
In the era of lootboxes and microtransactions, an American complains that an RPG is too long.

Sorry, but... what?

It's Rusty. Based on his Codex activity, we can safely conclude that his attention span is approximately four minutes long.

Modron

Arcane
It's Rusty. Based on his Codex activity, we can safely conclude that his attention span is approximately four minutes long.
It's not that his attention span is 4 minutes long that is just how long he has time to play games in between making posts on the codex.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not that his attention span is 4 minutes long that is just how long he has time to play games in between making posts on the codex.
Hey now... no shaming for shitposting on the Codex... that way Infinitron would be beet-red every day. :P

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some people were asking about Rogue Trader TTRPG mechanics and stuff. This guy spends time talking about the roles and some of the mechanics in this video if you have an hour to burn to listen to him ramble. Owlcats has said that they're using a modified set of TTRPG rules, so who knows how things will change other than I think it's pretty clear that the "Rogue Trader" class will be the MC.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's been a while, but AFAIR I was much happier with Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader as RPG rulesets than I was with prior Warhammer-RPG stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom