Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are going to do their own story and characters. No adaptation of any current campaigns.

They're clearly adapting the Paizo adventure path Pathfinder: Kingmaker. :troll:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You keep rating me butthurt. And you seem to be running out of clever pictures. Why?

Pride is a sin Saravan - only Humility will set you free. I'm humble. I said I'd go, but when you decided to talk, I backed down. Why won't you?

Notice: that is the difference between you and me.

Please save some of the faggotry for the game, will be plenty for you to exert when it comes out.
Are you saying that you won't answer my question(s) because I'm a homosexual?

Ok.

Harthwain

Magister
World without good is as corny as one without evil.
This is a great way of putting it.
When you don't have a clearly defined good and evil it means you have to pay more attention and be critical of what you see or hear, because you can't use the Compass of Good & Evil to guide you. That said, you can have an interesting world/story with Good & Evil involved, although I find that harder to achieve, because it's so easy to slip into banality due to the nature of the topic.

Mauman

Scholar
More like zoophilia, considering the Eldar think of humans as little more than hairless monkeys.

Mon'keigh isn't particularly subtle.

I expect very little from this game. Owlcat doesn't have the writers to make good 40k content that's dark and satirical at the right ratio. Them being a Russian studio trying to sell to a western audience won't help either.

Yeah, Eldar consider sleeping with humans to be basically bestiality.

Now, I ask you, do you REALLY want to sleep with someone who's ok with sleeping with...well....Emperor know's what?

Who knows what kind of freaky space disease you'd wake up with?

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So it's going to be turnbased and in the Unity engine, probably building on their work done in the Pathfinder games. Here's to hope they can fix the easy reproduceable performance killing bug in their turnbased modes.

Just get into turn-based combat and reload the game several times. Especially near the end of their games, battles become so filled with enemies (enemy's higher levels might also add to it) that their games grind to a halt after just a few encounters.

Humbaba

Arcane
They are going to do their own story and characters. No adaptation of any current campaigns.

That information is interesting.

So no terrible DMPC's like Seelah then, awesome. Big opportunity for the writing team to prove themselves.

lametta

Educated
What game should one play to get more familiar with Warhammer 40k?
Need to get more familiar with the lore till this one comes out. (Besides there is a sale rn)

Codex Year of the Donut
Need to get more familiar with the lore till this one comes out. (Besides there is a sale rn)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Mechanicus
Inquisitor: Martyr

those are basically the only ones worth playing
there's a lot of bad warhammer games

razvedchiki

Magister
tau fire warriors, eldar aspect warriors, space marines, battle sisters, mechanicum, psykers, mutants oh my!
really hope this time most companions will come to blows with peeps they dont like, like in bg.

Codex Year of the Donut
What is a "classic crpg"?
snapshot.jpg

did they prefix it with "classic" just so they could say "weeellll inquisitor martyrt wasn't akshually a classic-style game...."?

Andnjord

Arcane
Mechanicus

those are basically the only ones worth playing
there's a lot of bad warhammer games
Don't forget Dawn of War. First one definitely, second one probably, third one? Avoid like Nurgle's plague.

And Martyr is questionable, only if you're thirsty for passable Diablo clones and I'm not sure it's a great introduction to w40k for someone who's unfamiliar with it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mechanicus

... there's a lot of bad warhammer games

100% agreed.

Except Inquisitor: Martyr sucks balls and Space Marine is boring af. Didn't play Mechanicus.

Imo, the only ones worth playing are basically DOW and DOW 2.

Codex Year of the Donut

Humbaba

Arcane
100% agreed.

Except Inquisitor: Martyr sucks balls and Space Marine is boring af. Didn't play Mechanicus.

Imo, the only ones worth playing are basically DOW and DOW 2.

Of those I've only played Mechanicus and while not bad, the game ends up revolving about the gimmick of generating actions points and that's not really what I was looking for.

... but Diablo predates Baldur's Gate.
Rusty pls, Diablo is not a CRPG, it's an ARPG.

Humbaba

Arcane
CRPG means Computer Role-Playing Game.
ARPGs are CRPGs.

Rusty plssssssss, we can agree that the term CRPG taken literally means jack shit but we all know what the implications are and that they're different from ARPGs, some of which aren't even PC exclusive, like Diablo itself that got a Playstation port.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom