Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PanDupa

Educated
Just wonder if owlcat will know how to design game for turn base or we will still have lots of trash mob encounters? And question to anyone who knows RT system, is it stat bloat proof?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Blobbers are a subset of CRPGs. Some might argue that they're truer CRPGs than most modern story driven nonsense.
So you're saying most JRPGs are truer CRPGs than most modern story driven nonsense since a lot of them are just dressed up Wizardriy clones?

If we're saying that a traditional dungeon crawl JRPG is more of a CRPG than a gay adventure game like Disco Disco, yeah. Absolutely, yes.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Untitled-2.jpg
: F-filthy human p-pig!!! Ape! Mayfly! You can't comprehend how strong Eldar emotions are! You can't comprehend how much I... I don't... hate you...

Can't wait to have a cute tsundere elf GF :M

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Warhammer_-Rogue_Trader_Key-Art1.png

possible companions
Bookmark this post.

Untitled-2.jpg
: "F-filthy human p-pig!!! Ape! Mayfly! You can't comprehend how strong Eldar emotions are! You can't comprehend how much I... I don't... I don't hate you..."

Untitled-22.jpg
: "<CHARNAME>, do you think... Do you think I'm pretty? My blue skin, third eye and nimble six fingers probably make me look like a freak. Ah, I never cared about this... But since I've met you... I feel things I've never felt before."
gNNjnPYy_o.png
: So, you want to ride the Wolf!

frajaq

Erudite
The game will actually use the mechanics from the 2009 Fantasy Flight Games RPG

Honestly expected them to just use 3.5 OGL DND so that they could simply copy-paste everything from Pathfinder.

I legit DM'd games using those d100 rules before (my favorite was Black Crusade for Chaos fun), so thats really interesting to hear

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What game should one play to get more familiar with Warhammer 40k?
Need to get more familiar with the lore till this one comes out. (Besides there is a sale rn)

Eh. There are a lot of lore channels on YouTube.

A major one is the Templin Institute. I think they do a lot of quoting from Games Workshop publications on the lore and have the best visual representations of the subjects they cover. They address the lore from more of an in-universe perspective (as in, the narrator talks like a scholar inhabiting the 40k universe describing the 40k universe).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9xMnVfg_n0

Haven't listened to this guy, but he seems a bit drier, more informative, and addresses the lore from an out of universe perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl6BRvEJ-auZ5aYPHj1B3pKJ_pLjg9qNU

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do space marines even have dicks?

Space marines have redundant organs, so the question is actually how many dicks do they have?

Furthermore, space marines tend to be around seven feet tall, primaris space marines are eight and one half feet tall, and primarchs are ten feet tall. Therefore, it stands to reason that the average space marine dick is one and one half to two times the length and girth of the average human's.

In conclusion, the average space marine anatomically correct model will have between two (2) and four (4) penises that measure roughly ten (10) to twenty-four (24) inches in length with a girth roughly equivalent to a Coke can. I expect that these will be fully rendered for the in game cinematics.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Space Wolves can and do bang, although rarely. Being the bottom for a burly viking daddy probably appeals to the Bioware crowd, too. Remember "ride the bull"?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Warhammer_-Rogue_Trader_Key-Art1.png

possible companions
Bookmark this post.

Untitled-2.jpg
: "F-filthy human p-pig!!! Ape! Mayfly! You can't comprehend how strong Eldar emotions are! You can't comprehend how much I... I don't... I don't hate you..."

Untitled-22.jpg
: "<CHARNAME>, do you think... Do you think I'm pretty? My blue skin, third eye and nimble six fingers probably make me look like a freak. Ah, I never cared about this... But since I've met you... I feel things I've never felt before."

You forgot:

89GAYHy.jpg
: "The way you caress that bolter, and how you make me think about things... things beyond war, and killing aliens. I think... I think you have awoken something in me <CHARNAME>, something I have never felt before, and it's frightening me. Hold me"

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Better have dwarves or auto worse than the PF games. PERIOD.

Who I am kidding. SJW nazis will ruin the game, anyways.

Last edited:

Palomides

Augur
Owlcat's website title (what appears on the tab) claims 'We create cPRGs', which would explain some things.

Trithne

Erudite
Bah, not even Dark Eldar (Drow)!

While they are space-drow in some sense, I think dark eldar aren't usually depicted with that black, drow-ish type of skin color. And even drow are sometimes painted with whitish or greyish colors (or blue. or purple.).

Dark Eldar (Or Drukhari as they're known in our new, post-trademark world) are described as being pallid, frequently using the word alabaster, due to the fact that Commoragh doesn't have any real suns.

-----

I've always felt that the biggest issue plaguing Warhammer is that somewhere around the mid-2000s they starting taking their own shit seriously. Like how originally Space Marines were Better Humans with Better Gear, filled with human strengths and foibles. Then they started believing their own lore and Space Marines just got more and more inflated with every new edition as GW crawled up its own ass. This is what happened to the setting as a whole and that's how we went from 2000AD style grimdark to modern 40k grimderp. 40k was born out of comic books, but the wargame took over and ate the setting.

I also get the impression that they were trying for '80s cartoon' with the trailer but their animators weren't up to the task of mimicking rotoscoping.

huskarls

Scholar
crazy i remember not but 6 years ago during the great decline of kick starters brought on by SJWayer, RPG codex of course bought into the dark ones lies. Now owlcat gets +40 pages in 2 days of announce here when people told me to suck a dick during the dark ages

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
crazy i remember not but 6 years ago during the great decline of kick starters brought on by SJWayer, RPG codex of course bought into the dark ones lies. Now owlcat gets +40 pages in 2 days of announce here when people told me to suck a dick during the dark ages

Trannification has continued apace.

frajaq

Erudite
oh god I just remembered that the original ship combat rules in Rogue Trader table-top RPG are fucking horrible and unbalanced, our group used some fan-made ones made by some autists in the Fantasy Flight Games forums instead

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom