Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not sure including a space marine was a good idea. Does the tabletop game have such an option?
Like he should be so much stronger than your regular mortals such as senechal as to make them redundant. So they will have to balance him to make him just as weak. :negative:

Its been 11 years but i'm still butthurt about how tactical marines were rekt both in melee and at range by ig catachan devils in dawn of war 2 retribution because balance. :argh:

Psykers, navigator, eldar and mechanicus dude are fine i guess.

The PnP systems allow cross-play (ie you can make a space marine character with the Deathwatch rules and use it in the Rogue Trader game, I played a Death Cult Assassin from Dark Heresy: Ascension in a Rogue Trader game at one point), it is not a problem if the GM knows how to fine tune the difficulty of the game. I guess it might work as well in the game if the devs know what they are doing.

In any case, this is an RPG, not a straight up combat game, so even if the Space Wolf outperforms everyone in combat (as he should), he will likely rule out stealth and wont have great many non-combat skills, so I am sure that its not like you will have him around all the time (or at least wont be usefull in many cases).

EDIT:

Also here is the newest screen of the cover system:

1669736043546.png

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Not sure including a space marine was a good idea. Does the tabletop game have such an option?
Like he should be so much stronger than your regular mortals such as senechal as to make them redundant. So they will have to balance him to make him just as weak. :negative:

Its been 11 years but i'm still butthurt about how tactical marines were rekt both in melee and at range by ig catachan devils in dawn of war 2 retribution because balance. :argh:

The PnP systems allow cross-play (ie you can make a space marine character with the Deathwatch rules and use it in the Rogue Trader game, I played a Death Cult Assassin from Dark Heresy: Ascension in a Rogue Trader game at one point), it is not a problem if the GM knows how to fine tune the difficulty of the game. I guess it might work as well in the game if the devs know what they are doing.

In any case, this is an RPG, not a straight up combat game, so even if the Space Wolf outperforms everyone in combat (as he should), he will likely rule out stealth and wont have great many non-combat skills, so I am sure that its not like you will have him around all the time (or at least wont be usefull in many cases).

EDIT:

View attachment 31051

Looks like pathfinder than 40k. Also party of 4 squad size.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Even in the 40K tabletop wargame, Astra Militarum heroes are stronger than individual Space Marines.

Harthwain

Magister
Or make diplomatic approach impossible.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

EDIT:

View attachment 31051
naked-gun-meme.gif

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Compare and contrast the color palette, the general biomes shown so far, and the models with the ones shown in Dark tide. Fatshark nailed the 40K aesthetic, while this one looks like forgotten realms with guns.

lightbane

Arcane
It's difficult to balance things when a MAHRINE! is around, because what's threatening to a marine would slaughter regular humies. Then again if you can have an Interrogator psyker as a potential party member (the third strongest psyker in WH40k pnp games after the Psychic Inquisitor and the Primaris Psyker, not counting Marine Librarians), then combat will probably be balanced around "kill everything in one round before they do that to you"... Which is pretty much how the pnp system was.

For what's worth, with high enough stats a human can compete with a Marine, but the latter always have more HP and Toughness which means that the latter can tank while the former doesn't, which depending on your gear it ensures the Marine will still win, even if injured.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Besides game rules, there's also lore that backs this up to some extent.

Like a certain commissar beating a traitor marine in melee combat. ;)

(arguably. may or may not have happened. not really sure what canon is.)

Vermillion

Educated
Looks like pathfinder than 40k. Also party of 4 squad size.

Compare and contrast the color palette, the general biomes shown so far, and the models with the ones shown in Dark tide. Fatshark nailed the 40K aesthetic, while this one looks like forgotten realms with guns.

iz1f8s.png

Saturation down, contrast up. Is it 40k enough for you or would you like a piss-green filter as well?
74wbnb.png

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Alpha coming on the 7th of December ooooh shit!

Greetings, Rogue Traders! We are ready to reveal the Alpha release date for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader. You will be able to begin the journey through the Koronus Expanse on December 7! Become a founder and grab the Developer’s Digital Pack or the Collector's Edition to join the Alpha! https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/preorder/en#pack
Obrázek

My body is ready!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom