Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

jf8350143

Liturgist
Ever since the new patch coming out my game lags hard whenever I level up a character.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Ever since the new patch coming out my game lags hard whenever I level up a character.
That's nothing, sometimes during combat FPS can drop to single digits. It happens randomly and the only thing that helps is resetting the game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
yesterday game started lagging hard when i unloaded lots of weapons and armors to doloroso and techbro. and now my pc feels strange. ssd is almost always 50+% busy.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I just finished Machine Cathedral mission, fuck me everything is just ridiculous. And im not even talking about enemies and their thousands of hp, at this point my builds are so bloated, damage is ridiculous, momentum builds fast af, Exemplar talents bloat characters even further... Its bizzare how relatively not so long ago in Commoragh fights were quite even and now everything is just a joke, Uralon fight only had some difficulty thanks to his high initiative and that bolter marine with free turns.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Dargonus
THE ROGUE TRADER'S PERSONAL PRESENCE IS REQUIRED

"Yer lordship, we takin' the Grox fer a muddin', ya wanna join?"

Yosharian

Arcane
I just finished Machine Cathedral mission, fuck me everything is just ridiculous. And im not even talking about enemies and their thousands of hp, at this point my builds are so bloated, damage is ridiculous, momentum builds fast af, Exemplar talents bloat characters even further... Its bizzare how relatively not so long ago in Commoragh fights were quite even and now everything is just a joke, Uralon fight only had some difficulty thanks to his high initiative and that bolter marine with free turns.
Welcome to Owlcat balance, where the dev team just throws everything out of the window after a while and just says 'fuck it'

ArchAngel

Arcane
Leave feedback to our Owlcat_Eyler representative what exactly is making your team do OP damage and what are the worst (most unfun) parts of combat for you.
And what difficulty you are playing on.
If you plan to come back and do another run once DLC and EE come maybe they rebalance the system by then if enough good feedback is provided.
I plan to do same once I hit act 5 or finish the game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, at start of Act 4 I respeced my main Operative/BH sniper into Operative/Assassin sniper. I was planning to just remove lore xenos and aeldary weapon prof but game let me change my 2nd archtype so I said lets try that assassin dude..
So my first attack with this character was 320 damage.. nice. To celebrate I reported my first bug with Assassin ability :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
And I found and reported another bug that makes burst fire with archmilitant stronger. Arch militant heroic upgrade that gives +5% to dodge per attack in this round actually does so by bullet in a burst :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also Savour the kill now seems to activate at random and gives pasqal extra turns when non prey enemies are killed.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
^ not using prey tracker accessory? its bugged and gives prey to every enemy

jf8350143

Liturgist
I think it's already been fixed. At least in my playthrouhg it only tracks one enemy now.

On the other hand assassin is even more op then archmilitant, even when half their features and some equipment doesn't work.

I just one shot everyone in one turn during the Uralon fight. The only reason I can't one shot the greater daemon is because he doesn't have small minions from the beginning.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also Savour the kill now seems to activate at random and gives pasqal extra turns when non prey enemies are killed.
For me it mostly work as intended, except when you destroy an object (such as a cover or an oil tank) it grants an extra turn.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am not using it.. unless it works from inventory which would not be out of Owlcat buggy reach like how Jae kept using some officer abilities while not being part of the team :D
Atm I am looking at Cassia that has 311% dodge while getting 3x Focus bonus while only using Reveal the Light once on her and also she got an extra full turn after she used Bring it Down! on Argenta, then argenta used her Heroic which activated Cassia's In the Hero's Footsteps and after that turn ended she got another full turn by magic.. and in the extra turn Eager for Battle activated again and gave her +2 AP again..

Cassia , officers and Bounty Hunters are most buggy stuff in the game. And Wildfire. And 100 abilities/spells that say Cooldown: 1 round and then you can use them in same round as soon as you get any extra turns..
Owlcat_Eyler tell your collegues vodka and writing code don't work well together

EDIT: Expeditionary Footware boots are to blame for 311% dodge, those boots critically need to be nerfed to 5% bonus per cast or limited to 3 stacks..

Shaki

Arbiter
can we just all agree that this game is shit after chapter 2
Act 3 is cool, after that it goes to shit, but that's still like 80% of the game being great.

I'd like Owlcat to make a smaller, but less bugged and more polished game, but damn, If they want to instead keep shitting out a 100hours long RPGs every 2 years like a clockwork, I'm not going to complain even if the last 20% of their games sucks dick. It still easily beats the alternative of having more games like Bear Gay 3, taking 6 years to make, still having act 3 (40% of the game) broken just as much as Owlcat's last acts, while also being overall woke boring unfun shit.

Owlcat has their problems, but in the years since they showed up on the scene, I don't think any other studio delivered even half as many hours of decent RPG experience as them. Truth is, the pace at which they deliver new content, will always come with some downsides.

Last edited:

Shaki

Arbiter
It's probably same bug I mentioned couple of times in this thread already, it's not about the kills, but "savour the kill" procs whenever any object like a cover/barrel is destroyed.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet.jpg

>be me
>do Argenta´s personal quest
>"oh... I can jump over this crevice and flank the heretics, finally some nice enviromental design that can be used tactically"
>Ulfar cant jump down nor use the ladder
>shiiiiiiiiiiiet

Owlcat, y u do this?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think it's already been fixed. At least in my playthrouhg it only tracks one enemy now.

On the other hand assassin is even more op then archmilitant, even when half their features and some equipment doesn't work.

I just one shot everyone in one turn during the Uralon fight. The only reason I can't one shot the greater daemon is because he doesn't have small minions from the beginning.

I've been finding Yrliet Assassin an absolute beast when it comes to, well, assassinating. She quite often instantly deletes most of, if not all of the elf bar of particularly dangerous or bloated mobs - mobs that would otherwise have to be laboriously chipped away, even by Argenta.

e.g. she close to one-shotted the Cthonos twice - for some reason he appears again in the 3rd Arena fight even if you despatched him in the place where you found Abelard - and she regularly takes enormous chunks out of, or just insta-kills lt. or boss types.

Thus proving the wisdom of my Iconoclast RT in keeping at least one filthy xenos pet hanging around :)

(I've been trying to make Marazhai useful in the Reaving Spire, but he seems to be made of tissue paper, with not quite enough dodge to compensate. Marazhai's worth having around just for the superbly OTT sadistic faggot voice acting though :) )

Mortmal

Arcane
Leave feedback to our Owlcat_Eyler representative what exactly is making your team do OP damage and what are the worst (most unfun) parts of combat for you.
And what difficulty you are playing on.
If you plan to come back and do another run once DLC and EE come maybe they rebalance the system by then if enough good feedback is provided.
I plan to do same once I hit act 5 or finish the game.

Rebalance? Good luck with that. Here's what their system, a massive pile of bloat and modifiers on wheels, looks like to me:

F4iTqL0.jpg

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Act 3 is cool, after that it goes to shit, but that's still like 80% of the game being great.

I'd like Owlcat to make a smaller, but less bugged and more polished game, but damn, If they want to instead keep shitting out a 100hours long RPGs every 2 years like a clockwork, I'm not going to complain even if the last 20% of their games sucks dick. It still easily beats the alternative of having more games like Bear Gay 3, taking 6 years to make, still having act 3 (40% of the game) broken just as much as Owlcat's last acts, while also being overall woke boring unfun shit.

Owlcat has their problems, but in the years since they showed up on the scene, I don't think any other studio delivered even half as many hours of decent RPG experience as them. Truth is, the pace at which they deliver new content, will always come with some downsides.
I'd prefer they slowed down and polished their games more. Two years is quite a quick turnaround

scytheavatar

Scholar

Owlcat probably would have more time to polish their games if they stop producing so many DLCs. It seems to me that the time and effort they spent treating their single player games like they are Path of Exile is eating away time and effort that could be spent on their next games.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I've been finding Yrliet Assassin an absolute beast when it comes to, well, assassinating. She quite often instantly deletes most of, if not all of the elf bar of particularly dangerous or bloated mobs - mobs that would otherwise have to be laboriously chipped away, even by Argenta.

e.g. she close to one-shotted the Cthonos twice - for some reason he appears again in the 3rd Arena fight even if you despatched him in the place where you found Abelard - and she regularly takes enormous chunks out of, or just insta-kills lt. or boss types.

Thus proving the wisdom of my Iconoclast RT in keeping at least one filthy xenos pet hanging around :)

(I've been trying to make Marazhai useful in the Reaving Spire, but he seems to be made of tissue paper, with not quite enough dodge to compensate. Marazhai's worth having around just for the superbly OTT sadistic faggot voice acting though :) )
Assassin seems to be bugged a lot. It took me 3 fights to figure out Aim for the Opening skill gives some massive unexplained bonus damage. I just bug reported it gave +240% bonus damage..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom