Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Rhobar121

Scholar
It seems we won't see a new pathfinder game from their from a long time. They all but confirmed their next game is Warhammer related.
Shestov: Warhammer is so voluminous and multifaceted that stories in it can be told endlessly. We already have an idea of the next story we want to tell the world, but any details on this issue are still premature.
I bet they won't even redo their crappy system in the next game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It seems we won't see a new pathfinder game from their from a long time. They all but confirmed their next game is Warhammer related.
Shestov: Warhammer is so voluminous and multifaceted that stories in it can be told endlessly. We already have an idea of the next story we want to tell the world, but any details on this issue are still premature.
I bet they won't even redo their crappy system in the next game.
Just like I said I am not buying any DLC until they fix this broken game which includes its combat I am not buying any future games until people confirm those have better designed and balanced combat

ReforgedSoul

Novice
I had a really fun time with this game as I spent about 40ish hours in it, but man does this game have serious problems. Besides quest values being incorrect, one of the worst was not being able to progress as the game wouldn't let me end my turn and in one instance an enemy npc. For some reason doing the bug report hot key would fix it for some reason.

somerandomdude

Learned
I had to use the toy box to fix a few broken main quests. Chapter 3 near the end, you were supposed to take an elevator up, but it wouldn't work. Chapter 4 and 5 also had quests that hung up. Several of the last character side quests either hung up, or just didn't work at all.

This might have been a 6.5/10 game if it only had minor bugs. Typical slav jank from lolcat.

Also, you can use the toybox to turn niggers into humans. Jae sounded like a Russian, so I gave her a female commisar portrait. The other nigress, Idira, I handed her over to Heinrix (I think I heard banjos playing in the background?), anyway never saw her again - just like they handle things in rural Alabama.

Last edited:
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Is this faggot libtard game worth pirating or have Codexers discussed it for 116 pages because you are goyim with no self-respect who love gobbling up corporate refuse?

REhorror

Educated
Is this faggot libtard game worth pirating or have Codexers discussed it for 116 pages because you are goyim with no self-respect who love gobbling up corporate refuse?
As usual of Owlcat games, there is a route where you can at least act awesome.
It's Warhammer 40K so the game has warning when you try to do retarded shit.

Except there's still a retarded route in this game (Iconoclaust) and anti-War40K fans are swarming to defend it.

somerandomdude

Learned
Heretics in this game are the equivalent of BLM (Burn Loot Murder) antifa protesters, and you get to kill a boatload of them in game, and there's a few based dialogue choices in dealing with them.

Iconoclast is just a garden variety liberal retard.

Dogmatic is about purging heretics, and xenos, and putting chaos to heel. It's the least gay of the 3 options.

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated
I'd rate Iconoclaust even worse than Heretic, because it's tempting but it's still goddamn Heresy.

The overblown heresy is less worse than the hidden blade.

jf8350143

Liturgist
i hope it will add even more based dogmatic bros.
The first two DLC companions are both dogmatic, so I highly doubt they will add even more. Also chances are they make season pass 2 stand alone compaign rather than part of the main one.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'd rate Iconoclaust even worse than Heretic, because it's tempting but it's still goddamn Heresy.

Didn't Iconoclaust get the worst ending of all three? Heretic gets to become a daemon prince, while Iconoclaust has their ass kicked by the Imperium.

REhorror

Educated

Didn't Iconoclaust get the worst ending of all three? Heretic gets to become a daemon prince, while Iconoclaust has their ass kicked by the Imperium.
There's an ending where they tame the C'tan kid god into their protector.

Rhobar121

Scholar
The first two DLC companions are both dogmatic, so I highly doubt they will add even more. Also chances are they make season pass 2 stand alone compaign rather than part of the main one.
Separate campaigns are not as popular as additions to the main story.
There is a reason why the entire first season pass contains additions to the main campaign and not DLCs like From Ashes.

jf8350143

Liturgist
There is a reason why the entire first season pass contains additions to the main campaign and not DLCs like From Ashes.
It's owlcat we are talking about here. Making seperate campaign is their feitsh, along with puzzles and mini games no one likes.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's owlcat we are talking about here. Making seperate campaign is their feitsh, along with puzzles and mini games no one likes.
Considering that the additional shitty mechanics they add to each game are becoming less and less significant, the hope is that they will eventually stop adding them in about 10 years.
We'll see how it goes with the DLC.
If you compare SP1 and SP2 to WotR, apart from the continuation of From Ashes (which they probably started making before the first part was released), the rest are additions to the main campaign.
They probably learned their lesson from SP1.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I decided to take nigger elf with me this time to check it out... and...
surprise surprise he gone postal first warp jump and got put down by Henrix and Trader Vagabond.

Well played Owlcat you really know your WH40K lore and know how to troll the westoid liberasts with their he is good boi he dindu nuffin wrong mentality.

:hero:

Also the game now is totally broken the main quests and one of the bro Abelard is gone I can only check some rumors about lost colony and help another gypsy bitch with her problem... its like another game, the shit was not playtested past the chapter 3 it seems.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, shit. Finished the game - Steam says I put in 207,6 hours, though Alpha and Beta accounted for about 70 of those IIRC. In any case not too shabby a playtime tbh fam and time well spent for sure.

final boss.jpg

I absolutely loved the space combat and sure hope to see it expanded in the DLCs, there should be more ships than just frigates, there should be usable starfighters, I would also appreciate being able to control the allied ships directly, since the AI aint all that great with them.

Storyfaggotry was p. decent and the setting was done really well. As someone who spent years playing the PnP 40K RPGs from the Fantasy Flight Games I am fully satisfied and want to see more - a Dark Heresy cRPG would be an absolute blast (best make it based on the first edition though). Party members were mostly OK, Pasqal being the best written and most interesting by far, plus his personal questline and general story also stands high above all others in terms of quality. It kinda feels like Pasqal is in fact a second protagonist and the writters spent most of their time on him, while keeping stuff for other party members way more minimalistic. I didnt really have a problem with any single character, each one has a niche to play and be useful in, though Abelard + Argenta + Pasqal + Cassia + Heinrix (later mostly replaced by Ulfar) saw the most use by far.

Space exploration and colony management were both OK. Especially the colony part could have been more detailed and less buggy, they probably cut a lot of stuff in this area.

Ground combat was the weakest part of the game, still serviceable, but very uneven in quality and balance and brought down by a huge amount of various bugs/disfunctional talents/broken gear. Many fights on the same difficulty level and in the same dungeon/area were easy to the point of being banal (the usual "Abelard tanks everything, Argenta kills everything" type of deal), while others would turn out extremely hard with no apparent reason (ie "Abelard suddenly goes down after two hits" type of shit). Lots of fights felt needlesly bloated with way too many mooks as well. The dungeon maps also tended to be way too linear, I wish there would have been alternate ways you could unlock through various skills for example (hacking doors etc), as it is there is some hidden loot, but that aint enough to make maps interesting.

The ending slides were mostly accurate for me, but there were a few broken ones too - sure hope they fix that shit.

As for the story:

The whole "Lord Inquisitor is an insane radical and is behind everything" thingy gets used a bit too much IMO (especially since they also did the "Pasqal is Amarnat" thingy), but I would say in worked here fairly well. It was interesting to find out that the Cult of Final Dawn was in fact just a minor player with only tangential connection to the main plot and mostly relevant just to the PC/von Valancius dynasty. The use of a C´tan shard as the main mcguffin and the whole Nomos thing was OK. I guess that the devs wanted an excuse to bring in the Necrons in the end. Personaly I would have prefered something involving the Rak´Gol - the most hardcore xenos from the PnP Rogue Trader, but oh well. In general the story does make sense and works with the setting, I guess one can hardly ask for more than that nowadays.

Anyway, GG. Definitely a 2023 GOTY as far as I am concerned. Glad I am done with it for now, there is ton of other stuff in my backlog. I guess the next playthrough will be after at least the first season of DLCs comes out.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope they are smart enough to slow down XP gain starting with whatever Act these DLCs are added to. There is nothing worse then doing hours and hours of combat in last part of the game and XP meaning nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom