Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
WHERE'S THE PATCH OWLCAT?
WHERE IS IT?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fuck so loading times only suck on Xbox. I am watching Cohh suffer Act 4 bugs on PC but his loading times are 5x faster even compared to fastest loading on Xbox after game was just restarted.. :(

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
i hope it will add even more based dogmatic bros.
The first two DLC companions are both dogmatic, so I highly doubt they will add even more. Also chances are they make season pass 2 stand alone compaign rather than part of the main one.
There's no reason to assume the two companions will be dogmatic in an already-crowded dogmatic roster. The death cult assassin is almost by definition heretical (heretics who think they're serving the emperor are very common in this setting) and the arbites will probably be written to be more iconoclast, to balance out the fact that Abelard is written straight dogmatic despite his nominal alignment.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Haha I loaded my safe and now the "welcome back" event fires, except now all the NPCs are in their normal places. Good jerb Owlcat.

1704478183312.png

e: Banged Heinrix and now I'm bugged out again. Got dropped somewhere OFF THE MAP after the cutscene in my quarters, then Danrok told me Jae is actually a dirty commoner... Except I never picked up Jae... because she was gone by the time I tried getting her in Act 2.

giphy.gif

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Playing Iconocuck, making sure Footfall remains free... aaaaand the game thinks it was taken over by Incendia anyway.
Holy shit this is beyond broken. Worse than the PF games ever were even on launch. There is basically no point in playing this at all if none of your decisions stick and there's a high chance the game becomes unplayable due to bugs. I sure am glad I didn't pay for this.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Playing Iconocuck, making sure Footfall remains free... aaaaand the game thinks it was taken over by Incendia anyway.
Holy shit this is beyond broken. Worse than the PF games ever were even on launch. There is basically no point in playing this at all if none of your decisions stick and there's a high chance the game becomes unplayable due to bugs. I sure am glad I didn't pay for this.
Kingmaker was even more broken on release

ReforgedSoul

Novice
I hope we get something related to the leagues of votann later. "The Ancestors are watching". Would be interesting to see what owlcat comes up with their lore as there is so little of it besides the 9th edition codex.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Everything on Footfall is broken as fuck, even the small things. For example I play full Dogmatic and on the bar I got the mutants I shot on Chapter 2 cheering at me for saving them. Also the Architect guy that I recruited and sent on my ship got burnt alive by Incendia despite, well, being on my ship.

Also Doloroso decides randomly that yes, he's going to help you kill Incendia despite being the guy who mindfucked her into fanaticism, also you need Fanatic convictions but even picking ALL the dogmatic options you don't have enough points to reach level 4 on Chapter 4 and use the options given. The fuck.

This was never playtested.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So whats the chances we actually getting expansions with other stories and more races?

Tyranids? Orks? Necrons? More fucking space marines? they are strangely absent.

Imo rogue trader focused WAY too much on xenos, they are kind of boring. Alienssss bad wow okay... there are literally so many other interesting factors/races, and they chose to go overboard with fucking xenos... act 3 was kind of shit. jeeez

Adapetus Mechanicus were cool tho

ReforgedSoul

Novice
So whats the chances we actually getting expansions with other stories and more races?

Imo rogue trader focused WAY too much on xenos, they are kind of boring. Alienssss bad wow okay... there are literally so many other interesting factors/races, and they chose to go overboard with fucking xenos... act 3 was kind of shit. jeeez

One of those factions are in the game and while I enjoyed what it added to the plot there wasn't really enough there story wise besides one or two characters.

Tyranids are in the game
3 Genestealers and some pop-up events for one of your colonies
Orks are however weirdly absent from the game besides some of their stuff being in one area but that was mostly random xenos crap without anything votann there.

Act III was shit because its Act III and isn't fun to start off with.

ArchAngel

Arcane

What are you talking about? Too much xenos but then you want more xenos in form of Necrons, orkz and tyranids?
Make up your mind, do you want more xenos or not?

REhorror

Educated

Most of the game is Chaos tho.

I turn out to really miss the Orks.
More abhumans would be cool too like Orgryns.

I think they have an issue with basically character skeleton (only 3 types human - eldar - space marines), that's why there isn't much races.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Finished my second playthrough, and this time I manage to get two factions to the max reputation, and another one almost max(just one level lower). However I have to choose the colony event that grants you huge amount of reputation(I didn't choose those in my first playthrouhg). It's kind dumb because the other colony event has reward, but they will never be good enough to compete with a straight up 20000 reputation bonus because it grant you mulitiple cool equipments rather than just one.

Also there is no new wrap encounter in act 4. So if you have to fight in a wrap encouter in act 4, you are facing enemies from act 2, and they are basically a waste of time, half of them didn't even drop any loot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom