Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So whats the chances we actually getting expansions with other stories and more races?

Tyranids? Orks? Necrons? More fucking space marines? they are strangely absent.

Imo rogue trader focused WAY too much on xenos, they are kind of boring. Alienssss bad wow okay... there are literally so many other interesting factors/races, and they chose to go overboard with fucking xenos... act 3 was kind of shit. jeeez

Adapetus Mechanicus were cool tho
What are you talking about? Too much xenos but then you want more xenos in form of Necrons, orkz and tyranids?
Make up your mind, do you want more xenos or not?
Sorry, yes. I misspoke.

To reiterate, too many DRUKHARI AND AEDARI and other shit like that. most boring shit ever.

Not to mention how fucking generic and boring most of those samey races are.

Basically EDGY space elves... WOW, so cul, so novel, so amazing.
No. Get that shit outta my game.

Re-work act 3, make it about Orks, tyranids, chaos stuff, necrons, corrupt space marines, literally anything other than fucking DRUK-HAAARIIII and cucky aedari
I THROW my hands up in celebration when act 3 was over, god fucking dammmit.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finished my second playthrough, and this time I manage to get two factions to the max reputation, and another one almost max(just one level lower). However I have to choose the colony event that grants you huge amount of reputation(I didn't choose those in my first playthrouhg). It's kind dumb because the other colony event has reward, but they will never be good enough to compete with a straight up 20000 reputation bonus because it grant you mulitiple cool equipments rather than just one.

Also there is no new wrap encounter in act 4. So if you have to fight in a wrap encouter in act 4, you are facing enemies from act 2, and they are basically a waste of time, half of them didn't even drop any loot.
In Ac4 at start you get a bunch of new rumours and some of those lead to new space battles.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So whats the chances we actually getting expansions with other stories and more races?

Tyranids? Orks? Necrons? More fucking space marines? they are strangely absent.

Imo rogue trader focused WAY too much on xenos, they are kind of boring. Alienssss bad wow okay... there are literally so many other interesting factors/races, and they chose to go overboard with fucking xenos... act 3 was kind of shit. jeeez

Adapetus Mechanicus were cool tho
What are you talking about? Too much xenos but then you want more xenos in form of Necrons, orkz and tyranids?
Make up your mind, do you want more xenos or not?
Sorry, yes. I misspoke.

To reiterate, too many DRUKHARI AND AEDARI and other shit like that. most boring shit ever.

Not to mention how fucking generic and boring most of those samey races are.

Basically EDGY space elves... WOW, so cul, so novel, so amazing.
No. Get that shit outta my game.

Re-work act 3, make it about Orks, tyranids, chaos stuff, necrons, corrupt space marines, literally anything other than fucking DRUK-HAAARIIII and cucky aedari
I THROW my hands up in celebration when act 3 was over, god fucking dammmit.
Necrons are in the game. Chaos are BBG for Act1 and Act2. Orks and Tyranids cannot be main enemies because you don't really have any story around them except mindless killing.
There is basically only 3 civilizations in the game: Eldars, IoM and Tau. The rest are basically mindless killing machines.

REhorror

Educated
The strength of the noble Asuyani fails today:

3dVvE5F.jpg

4fY9CYA.jpg

To quote some old hentai bastard, "Yrliet, you will make good slave material".

Dayyālu

Arcane
But this is a new level of patheticness, it's nearly turning me into a heretic.

The Eldar in Rogue Trader are on a level of pathetic retardation all on their own. Their representative is a drooling retard that can barely function, their Farseer council is a bunch of retarded inept retards that get their Craftworld destroyed, every encounter with them is about them being retarded and disposed of, surviving only if you show an amount of mercy that they don't deserve.

Also almost finished Chapter 4, got to the boss fight. God, it's like the epitome of all the bad design of Owlcat all placed in a single location: if the enemy lucks out they can annihilate your party in 2 turns thanks to retarded combos that flat-out break the turn order and system. And of course, the easier way to win is to break it harder. Uralon and his posse died in 2 turns, the Edge of Daybreak died in 2 turns (7k health is nothing with two Archmilitants, Cassia and Pasqal specced as an Assassin, yes I have Assassin Pasqal because I shot every Xeno). I would be almost embarassed by the amount of crappy design that went into the fight (someone must have been proud of wasting everyone's time with the retarded summon mechanics, but don't worry I didn't see any of it as your combat system, Owlcat, is "kill everything in 2 turns or suffer").

Then Uralon bugged out, T-posed for the entire fight and I had a hearty laugh and everything was forgiven.

yGskBnQ.jpg

REhorror

Educated
Now this is the part where I tip my tricon hat and go m'lady unironically:
OtgUN8O.jpg

gs2QYos.jpg

1Kgkgxe.jpg

The Emperor provides...and the Emperor protects!!!

Harthwain

Magister
I got Debts of the Past event on Janus, so I went there to resolve it (I needed to be present for it), but after arriving and clicking on it, the notification goes away and nothing happens. I guess it's bugged. I hope I am not missing out on something cool...

Rhobar121

Scholar
The events on the planets are stupid. We have genestealer invasions on the planet and it would probably require the intervention of a Rogue Trader.
Nope, you can do it remotely.
A bunch of idiots went on a pilgrimage instead of working, your personal presence is required.
WTF the fuck was Owlcat thinking when designing this? This makes absolutely no sense.

Reinhardt

Arcane
The events on the planets are stupid. We have genestealer invasions on the planet and it would probably require the intervention of a Rogue Trader.
Nope, you can do it remotely.
A bunch of idiots went on a pilgrimage instead of working, your personal presence is required.
WTF the fuck was Owlcat thinking when designing this? This makes absolutely no sense.
actually sending rogue trader into battle makes no sense. political decisions on the other hand are important.

REhorror

Educated
I manage to convince Ulfar to take action via a Dogmatic check, by the god, I thought this lazy mutt is gonna stay there forever.
E8zV5Z6.jpg

Now to tie up loose ends with the Commissar.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I manage to convince Ulfar to take action via a Dogmatic check, by the god, I thought this lazy mutt is gonna stay there forever.
E8zV5Z6.jpg

Now to tie up loose ends with the Commissar.
He does not trust you at first.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
not killing spehs elves on sight. iconoclast spotted.
For a supposedly hyper-advanced race they sure have some nigger logic.
Imperium: Fucking Eldar always shitting up our business, burn them all!
Eldar: Nooooo! Not All Eldar! Those where Dark Eldar! They're not like us peaceful reasonable Craftworlders!

Eldar: You fucking mon-keigh killed our Craftworld!
Imperium: I wasn't even there, I have never heard of your stupid world!
Eldar: Oh so you weren't there but your relative was? Well SCREW YOU ANYWAY!

Doktor Best

Arcane
is kangmaker fixed already? is it good time to play it?

Yeah but for the love of god please install the cleaner mod. It will help keep savegame files to a reasonable size or else you will start having abysmal load times from chapter 4 on. The reason for this is that the game keeps track of every single gold coin/leather armor/dagger dropped by thousands of trashmob goblins and other corpses all over every single map in the game indefinitely. And this hasnt been fixed still despite years of players complaining about savegame bloat. Yes Owlcat is that shitty at qualitymanagement.

And still expect some jank, especially in turn based mode. Sometimes enemies just wont do their turns and you have to switch to real time and back, characters randomly wont be able to act after you moved with them with a green movement line.

ArchAngel

Arcane
is kangmaker fixed already? is it good time to play it?

Yeah but for the love of god please install the cleaner mod. It will help keep savegame files to a reasonable size or else you will start having abysmal load times from chapter 4 on. The reason for this is that the game keeps track of every single gold coin/leather armor/dagger dropped by thousands of trashmob goblins and other corpses all over every single map in the game indefinitely. And this hasnt been fixed still despite years of players complaining about savegame bloat. Yes Owlcat is that shitty at qualitymanagement.

And still expect some jank, especially in turn based mode. Sometimes enemies just wont do their turns and you have to switch to real time and back, characters randomly wont be able to act after you moved with them with a green movement line.
Kingmaker is not their property and they cannot work on it without approval even if they wanted to.

Yosharian

Arcane
The reason it hasn't been fixed is at least partially because Owlcat is no longer capable of patching the game due to publishing rights

However this also means they cannot nerf stuff like Glory domain, bwahaha

Kiste

Augur
supposedly hyper-advanced

The Eldar factions are absolute bottom tier in warhammer 40k, both in how interesting they are, and general effectiveness. Change my mind.

I was under the impression that the Aeldari are currently the most overpowered faction in 10th edition tabletop 40k, to the point where many competitive players considered them to be somewhat broken. They have been nerfed several times already but they still appear to have the highest win rate of all factions in competitive play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom