Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Shaki

Arbiter
Damn, either I'm unlucky or majority of talents/abilities in this game are broken. Every level there is something new. Just leveled up, picked Touch of Anger for Cassia and Tactical Knowledge for Idira. Both broken.

Sentinel

Arcane
LOS is completely broken and unpredictable when z-axis gets involved. Enemies shoot you straight through objects and ground.

This guy
XxCWOn.jpg
Just hit Cassia
Even though there's a fucking building thing right in the middle of them
Another example:

Cassia apparently can't see this guy. lol.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've had a save go corrupt on me. I killed the Daemon of Tzeentch but got the achievement 10 quickloads later. I didn't even know there was an achievement for that, it just popped randomly after about another hour playing.

Things are bearable on my end. I was expecting worse. Leveling is still a bit of a bitch tho. A few more levels and I'm 16. Let's see if the game opens up more after that.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very unsure how I feel about the game. I think for example the visuals are fine, nice detail to the environments, etc. I don't mind the cartoony graphics, just like I didn't mind it in the Pathfinder games. However, on the gameplay and story front. I just got the sense that everything is incredibly hectic. Both the story and general gameplay go at breakneck speed. Captain died, now you are the captain. Riot on the lower decks! Weird mutant companion wants to spill her guts, 2 seconds after meeting her - now go meet with her captain! All within 5 minutes it feels like. When you traverse the map the crew runs at Usain Bolt speeds, like the game urges me to complete the maps fast. Come on, you gotta finish this quick! Leveling doesn't feel that fun, even if I got a bit more interesting after learning what it all means. Like fantadomat says, many skills are dependent on such random things that you will 100% forget about.

One thing I would have loved if they would have gone with the Jagged Alliance 3 approach to combat. I know it's based on some system like DnD, but I don't find the combat very engaging. If you don't put dudes in cover lasrifle fire will melt everyone. So that is what I do, seek out cover and basically never move out of it. Don't see much reason to flank and such, not so far at least. It's nuXcom but very static. AoE and sniper rifles seem to way to go. Yeah, very unsure, don't feel that urge to jump back in :(

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Top kek. My sniper just froze while taking his shot. Gotta re-do 30mins~ of fighting now.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it by switching weapons.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It seems that if something is a more complicated system than roll a d20, add all the modifiers and right click mob is too complicated for the Owlcat designers.
If half of what people write is true, they should definitely hire a decent gameplay designer (and it's best to fire the current ones because they are shitty)

SO, is there any place aside from Neoseeker hosting any half-decent build to use as reference?
And I say "aside from Neoseeker" because for some intangible reason I can't even exactly rationalize I fucking hate how that guy builds characters.

It's like he goes systematically out of his way to make them thematically shitty.
(Not to mention the fact that he usually chooses a class -or "class dip"- he likes and tries to make every character that thing).

Rhobar121

Scholar
SO, is there any place aside from Neoseeker hosting any half-decent build to use as reference?
And I say "aside from Neoseeker" because for some intangible reason I can't even exactly rationalize I fucking hate how that guy builds characters.

It's like he goes systematically out of his way to make them thematically shitty.
(Not to mention the fact that he usually chooses a class -or "class dip"- he likes and tries to make every character that thing).
At the moment, half of the things don't work, so it's hard to find any builds that will work.

Shaki

Arbiter
It's pointless, because majority of talents and abilities are broken in some way, and no one knows exactly what works and what isn't yet. 90% of "guides" you'll find now, will be probably retards theorycrafting based on broken things that don't actually work.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This is the third time we're doing this bros, I think people knew what they were getting into.

Seasoned Owlcat knowers watched as the first wave gets clobbered by the Tyranid swarm.

Commissar
Wait Six Months climbs to the top of the trench and motions with his chainsword.

"A patch is on the way! Internet points to the first man to die!"

Your eagerness to run headlong into the bugs will not be forgotten.

:salute::salute::salute:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
This is the third time we're doing this bros, I think people knew what they were getting into.

Seasoned Owlcat knowers watched as the first wave gets clobbered by the Tyranid swarm.

Commissar
Wait Six Months climbs to the top of the trench and motions with his chainsword.

"A patch is on the way! Internet points to the first man to die!"

Your eagerness to run headlong into the bugs will not be forgotten.

:salute::salute::salute:
giphy.gif

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
press the advantage seems to be bugged at least with navigator stacks do not disappear between turns/attacks
so Cassia nuking everything with increased 396% dmg like she was not busted already :hmmm:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"Im 45 and what is Warhammer?" and "I wan fook Sister ARgentina!" is the audience for this game.

Still better than Larian target audience aka sub pigeon iq game journos.

PS : Argentina is full of gorgeous woman

So it's officially out? Does that mean Wrathfinder is now a finished and complete game that is safe to play?

LOL. I played it in day one and din't found any game breaking bug.

---------------------------------

About what I said that the max psi rating is 4, that info was false. When you get Exemplar, you can get Psychic Awakening and with it, raise your psy rating and automatically becomes a unsanctioned psyker. IDK if my psy rating will got 5 or 6 after it. But I am lv 25 at moment, IDK how much time will take to get all Vanguard stuff(yes, I chose Vanguard cuz I wanted higher survivability)

mondblut

Arcane
LOL. I played it in day one

A sucker is born every minute. Me, I'd rather wait till they are done with patching, fixing, balinsing and DLC milking. Imagine playing Kingmaker on release day, you'd have to put up with RTWP!

Since now they're gonna be occupied fulltime with patching, fixing, balinsing and DLC milking Rogue Trader, perhaps Wrathfinder is finally worth a shot.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Imagine playing Kingmaker on release day, you'd have to put up with RTWP!
To be fair, without real-time the game would take 5 years to complete. What is funny, now that Warhammer is full TB, they have not toned down the amount of mobs. Some fights last a good while, if you can't get a good AOE going.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
they have not toned down the amount of mobs.

Not a problem. A sniper shot can kill multiple enemies in line. AoE cleave in melee, burst fire in bolters, grenades, psyker powers, nagivator op powers(...) there are plenty ways to deal with hordes of enemis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom