Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you don't put dudes in cover lasrifle fire will melt everyone. So that is what I do, seek out cover and basically never move out of it. :(
Welcome to nu-XCom-style cover mechanics. I've been saying I hate them since 2012 for these exact same reasons.
I put my guys in high cover and burst fire lasguns still hit them from far away like there was no cover. And I checked combat log and could not find the roll that beat cover in it..

mondblut

Arcane
Imagine playing Kingmaker on release day, you'd have to put up with RTWP!
To be fair, without real-time the game would take 5 years to complete. What is funny, now that Warhammer is full TB, they have not toned down the amount of mobs. Some fights last a good while, if you can't get a good AOE going.

That's why better games used to have quick or automatic combat resolution for trash mobs.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If you don't put dudes in cover lasrifle fire will melt everyone. So that is what I do, seek out cover and basically never move out of it. :(
Welcome to nu-XCom-style cover mechanics. I've been saying I hate them since 2012 for these exact same reasons.
I put my guys in high cover and burst fire lasguns still hit them from far away like there was no cover. And I checked combat log and could not find the roll that beat cover in it..
Who knows at this point. Cover might not work at all and nobody noticed.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If you guys think that act 1 final battle was hard, in act 2 IDK if is the final battle but I need to siege a heavily fortified palace and is MY palace. From dark eldars. They have hundreds of hp and easily surrounds your party, I had to try to lure them out to a more favorable position , used a lot of consumables like grenades, died 3 times and own with 4 party members in ground.

Anyway, I know htat is not fair to rate a game with only 2 chapters of knowledge, but I would give 6/10. Is good, but IMO is Baizuo's Gate 3 tier of good. If they did implemented the iconic Dark Heresy psyker powers, I would raise it to 9/10, but in other hands, the melee combat is great. Arelard + Thunder hammer, he knocked down a enemy with a strike and pulled him away into fire, after it charged and killed the enemy with a lot of hp in a single turn.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok I got Pascal and picked Tactical Knowledge ability and it works lol but not correctly.. he absorbed 10 stacks of exploits but only got +4 damage from it or combat log is showing things wrong (it says +8 bonus damage but I got 40 strength as well so already +4 from that)
At least armor bonus part seems to be applied correctly to him and others in party.

user

Savant
Any idea how to avoid the injury from a trap that happens to the mc during a small cutscene in the Upperway...? Even if I skip it I still get it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Owlcat_Eyler what are these bugs.. I throw a gas grenade from top of the stairs to bottom of same stairs. Stairs are like 6 squares long. Half the gas spawns at bottom and half spawns at top?! Wtf

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Look guys Owlscat are a small indie studio and this is, like, one of their first games. You gotta excuse all these bugs from these poor Ru- I mean 100% ethnic Cypriot devs.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What I have to do in act 3?

Like I got tortured by Dark Eldar and left with defigured body in the middle of Commoragh, I had no choice(tried save/reload) except to beg the help from an Xenos which putted a maggot in my brain

And now I'm walking in circles trying to find Mengled Sector but no clue.

Hellion

Arcane
What I have to do in act 3?

Like I got tortured by Dark Eldar and left with defigured body in the middle of Commoragh, I had no choice(tried save/reload) except to beg the help from an Xenos which putted a maggot in my brain

And now I'm walking in circles trying to find Mengled Sector but no clue.

The entrance to the Mangled Sector is to the far south of the map. I guess you have visited The Pit first? You're supposed to get a mission there to kill someone in the Mangled Sector.

Reinhardt

Arcane
doing missions for demons in wrath of trannies. doing missions for spehs elves in warhammer. dafug is this ghey shit?

Shaki

Arbiter
Look guys Owlscat are a small indie studio and this is, like, one of their first games. You gotta excuse all these bugs from these poor Ru- I mean 100% ethnic Cypriot devs.

btw funny how germans famous for their work ethics gave birth to whole eurojank genre.
Worth to note that eurojank was known for janky mechanics, not for bugs. Pushing incredibly buggy releases is a tradition started by Kwans

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
doing missions for demons in wrath of trannies. doing missions for spehs elves in warhammer. dafug is this ghey shit?

Is not necessary, you can be full loyalist if you wanna and give the unsanctioned psyker to the inquisition and destroy every Eldar that you see. The guy which you begs for help is not an eldar and you can kill him

The Pit first? You're supposed to get a mission there to kill someone in the Mangled Sector.

Yes, I found, in Southeastern corner of the map

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Any guide to building a character without wasting 2 hours thrawling through useless and shit talents and stuff?
Cos I aint got time in my busy life to waste time sifting through shit.

Kind of like a list of the "recommend" decent stuff you can pick from without gimping yourself or some shit.

hit me up with knowledge, niggas

Sentinel

Arcane
Any guide to building a character without wasting 2 hours thrawling through useless and shit talents and stuff?
Cos I aint got time in my busy life to waste time sifting through shit.

Kind of like a list of the "recommend" decent stuff you can pick from without gimping yourself or some shit.

hit me up with knowledge, niggas
Since half the talents are completely broken (as in, not working) no, not really.

Come back in 1 year.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Disregarding any shortcomings with RPG systems I am REALLY happy that Rogue trader is a sucess and a top selling on steam now. Because Masterpieces like BG3 reqired Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 to be made. Studios must practice, must constantly made games of their selected genres. Owlcats with Rogue Trader chose not to follow a path of degenerades like biowhores turning their RPG into a aRPG or diablo clone - it is the same RPG they made with Kingmaker. There are shortcomings but they are not on a level of Dragon Age: Inquisition or Mass Effect: Andromeda.
I hope Owlcat will capitalize on the success of RT and their next RPG will be much better

Shaki

Arbiter
It would be a 8/10 game if it was working, but with all the bugs atm it's like 3/10. I mean, it's a combat focused turn based game, you don't ship that with combat (talents/abilities) being 80% broken.

The worst thing is that shitload of broken talents and stuff, are simple numerical/text adjustments, things like talents saying they give +stat bonus but really it's +stat/2, abilities saying they have 3 tiles radius AoE, but preview show 4 tiles, while in reality they affect 2 tiles. Shit like that. They could literally sit one guy for 8 hours and he could fix 20-30% of broken talents, just like that. But somehow these retards refused to do it since Alpha. I know that, since I reported most of these bugs back in Alpha and later in Beta.

I'm 100% sure, they didn't touch talents AT ALL since then, they just focused on finishing story content/pushing the game out - knowing it's completely broken, and just not giving a fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom