Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

std::namespace

question: which one of the 6 shots will hit whatever is on the single tile abeltard is on?
6rfns9j.png

answer:
giphy.gif

there is caveat: the game decides this based on adjacent tiles - if any of the next side*tiles are occupied, it will spread damage out, but if you get this it clean like this... lol

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL the levelling is really shit in this game. It is forced multy classing with endless amount of idiotic talents that all situation based. Was hoping for being able to pick talents from the officer tree when i got in to the second class,but sadly now i am forced in to levelling another worthless class. Also the types of classes are pretty retarded. Some companions should have had a unique class that allows them to chose between say two more,now they have three nonsensical ones. Like the fucking psycher,getting all range and combat classes and now mage one,same with the techno mage. The tactician and grand strategy ones seem pretty useless for now. The arch militant seems pretty nice.

Also the balance is off and feels like shit. Every peasant have like 150 hp and does double damage compared to my "top" of the line weapons lol. Really do hate battles where i have allies,those idiots just empty their guns in me back lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL here is a good example and simple one about how pointless most talents are.

VMXQpRU.png

It translates in reality of 6% more accuracy...maybe.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
there is caveat: the game decides this based on adjacent tiles - if any of the next side*tiles are occupied, it will spread damage out, but if you get this it clean like this... lol

Yeah don't do that, get the skill that for 1 AP let's your allies dodge *every* bullet of a burst, it's written unclear they dodge every bullet though. Never suffer any friendly fire anymore.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
LoL the levelling is really shit in this game. It is forced multy classing with endless amount of idiotic talents that all situation based. Was hoping for being able to pick talents from the officer tree when i got in to the second class,but sadly now i am forced in to levelling another worthless class. Also the types of classes are pretty retarded. Some companions should have had a unique class that allows them to chose between say two more,now they have three nonsensical ones. Like the fucking psycher,getting all range and combat classes and now mage one,same with the techno mage. The tactician and grand strategy ones seem pretty useless for now. The arch militant seems pretty nice.

Also the balance is off and feels like shit. Every peasant have like 150 hp and does double damage compared to my "top" of the line weapons lol. Really do hate battles where i have allies,those idiots just empty their guns in me back lol.

Grand strategist is kinda ass. The buffs aren't bad but you would need to stand in place which is all kinds of retarted. The Areas he can spawn also lead to visual bugs, so be forewarned.

Tactician though is monstrous, with inspire a tactician can stacl damage buffs, every round, on another character, which translates to ridiculous damage numbers on burst weapons.

std::namespace

Yeah don't do that, get the skill that for 1 AP let's your allies dodge *every* bullet of a burst, it's written unclear they dodge every bullet though. Never suffer any friendly fire anymore.
its not about friendly fire though, its about where the bullets are going
if they dodge, those bullets are lost,
the placement above funnels the whole burst though the mainline, single tile

-edit-
i guess you thought that i meant that abeltard is required?
nah, he is just a placeholder, the idea is that the line is 1 tile "thick" on some diagonals, and the question is how the game implements those ballistics
and it seems that it will push all shots through that isolated tile only if the 4 adjacent on the long sides are empty

-edit2-
well i guess Dodge would be helpful to pull or pin an enemy in a wanted position

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Grand strategist is kinda ass. The buffs aren't bad but you would need to stand in place which is all kinds of retarted. The Areas he can spawn also lead to visual bugs, so be forewarned.

Tactician though is monstrous, with inspire a tactician can stacl damage buffs, every round, on another character, which translates to ridiculous damage numbers on burst weapons.
Is there a way to change class ? I found the respec chap on the ship but didn't saw a way to change class. Also i did take such buffs on the officer class but i didn't notice a translation in to anything better,so just ignore at this point most buffs. Maybe they are bugged or something. The main problem i have noticed is that most of them use an X skill bonus,which means for every 10 points you get one point. Which means that you give like 10ish points of a buff at best. So i end up just using a bonus turn command and a snipe shot.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

its not about friendly fire though, its about where the bullets are going
if they dodge, those bullets are lost,
the placement above funnels the whole burst though the mainline, single tile

-edit-
i guess you thought that i meant that abeltard is required?
nah, he is just a placeholder, the idea is that the line is 1 tile "thick" on some diagonals, and the question is how the game implements those ballistics
and it seems that it will push all shots through that isolated tile only if the 4 adjacent on the long sides are empty

-edit2-
well i guess Dodge would be helpful to pull or pin an enemy in a wanted position
The worst part about burst is that the bolt rifle is total garbo,which is very lore unfriendly.

Azdul

Magister
owlcat will never get an official wizards product
Actually, if they cease cosplaying as Cypriots and get back to Mother Russia they can use one of our latest laws to ignore IP rights of a company from an 'unfriendly' state and do anything they want :lol:
Judging from torrent sites hosted in Russia - every country - including Cyprus and Russia - is unfriendly to Russia.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Bit of a downer coming out of Act 1 and into a very samey environment in the port town at the start of Act 2. When I envisioned this, I envisioned my character taming exotic planets with exostic monsters and alien creatures, exploiting their resources, etc., but so far it's been bloody cultists, rebels and gangsters with the occasional (very cool) eldritch horror.

Do the environments and mob types get more varied later on?

Shaki

Arbiter
Bit of a downer coming out of Act 1 and into a very samey environment in the port town at the start of Act 2. When I envisioned this, I envisioned my character taming exotic planets with exostic monsters and alien creatures, exploiting their resources, etc., but so far it's been bloody cultists, rebels and gangsters with the occasional (very cool) eldritch horror.

No, you're a trader, it's a trading game, you fly from city to city and make business deals, what else did you expect??? It's literally in the title, bro :martini:

Incendax

Augur

No, you're a trader, it's a trading game, you fly from city to city and make business deals, what else did you expect??? It's literally in the title, bro :martini:
I'm here to trade Rogues.
Just Rogues.
Nothing but Rogues.
Here I go trading Rogues again!

Reinhardt

Arcane

trading bullets for resources is pretty viable trading strategy. trust me - i'm a doctor.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What is problem?

Numbers go up.

Good RPG. The best!

1702360443583.png

+700% dodge eh? Somebody drop that in the Colony Ship thread and trigger everyone again.

notpl

Arbiter

Is there a way to change class ? I found the respec chap on the ship but didn't saw a way to change class. Also i did take such buffs on the officer class but i didn't notice a translation in to anything better,so just ignore at this point most buffs. Maybe they are bugged or something. The main problem i have noticed is that most of them use an X skill bonus,which means for every 10 points you get one point. Which means that you give like 10ish points of a buff at best. So i end up just using a bonus turn command and a snipe shot.
Stats can get way higher than 100. Archmilitants, the class you mentioned earlier, will generally be wading through combat with 130+ effective WS/BS, and every little bit helps when using a high recoil weapon. The recoil value directly subtracts from your effective ballistics still, so with 100 BS argenta's starting bolter functions as though you only have 60, for example. To get 100% hit chance with a burst you'd need 140 effective ballistics skill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom