Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
cnd6Avb.png

Brooooo, this item looks broken OP for my melee character, such a shame it requires following redditor iconoclast path to maximize the gains :negative: Why every dogmatic shit I find is like "you get +3 x dogmatic level lore imperium" while iconoclast get "YOU GET FUCKEN 30 TEMPORARY WOUND ON EVERY ATTACK AND PERMA +15 DMG". Could turn an iconoclast vanguard into an immortal killing machine with this
Death in service to the Emperor is its own reward.

You have to be gay and play "iconoclast" though, thats hardly worth it. There is just one way, the heretical one.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That modding a game to make it enjoyable in the first place is part of the fun?

This game requires mod to be fun.

As you love enchantment and illusion in D&D, imagine if control/dominate goyim person only make the target waste ap and mp, you can no longer make them kill themselves. That is what they did with telephaty in the game and believe on me. Is not the ability which they ruined the most. The psyker powers in this game are awful as D&D 4e. And I hope that modders fix it.

Shaki

Arbiter

As you love enchantment and illusion in D&D, imagine if control/dominate goyim person only make the target waste ap and mp, you can no longer make them kill themselves. That is what they did with telephaty in the game and believe on me. Is not the ability which they ruined the most. The psyker powers in this game are awful as D&D 4e. And I hope that modders fix it.
Psykers are already by far the strongest origin, and having most abilities/talents, rest of them gets 1 skill and like 4 shitty talents, how more OP do you want them to be? Just use toybox to instakill enemies and pretend your supermegagigachad self insert psyker PC killed them with the power of his mind or something.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
I just got gloves with BS/2 +20% increase in fire rate, with stacking BS into the Hundreds with versatility that will be all kinds of Insane.

This is not going to be fun, for them.

Shaki

Arbiter
I just got gloves with BS/2 +20% increase in fire rate, with stacking BS into the Hundreds with versatility that will be all kinds of Insane.

This is not going to be fun, for them.
Before celebrating, first check if they actually work, I got disappointed too many times :roll:

std::namespace

Why every dogmatic shit
its because you are a cuck, harry!
ch1 staff straight up doesnt care - 10hp mook? u get 4 dmg! 10000hp goon? u get 4000 dmg! everyone getsome!
REPENT! JOIN THE FREEDOM SIDE! OUR FLESH RUNS LIKE PUS!

whats the difference:
evac nobles or commoners? i grabbed the nobles cause i feel that chaos would want money

whats the difference:
anon or as roguetrader in ch2: i went anon cause the inquisitor faggot said to go as roguetrader

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
how more OP do you want them to be?

I wanna exactly like in P&P Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader and WH40k novels, IF I wanted balance above everything else, I would't be playing a OwlCat game, I would play a Sawyer game. Simple as that.

The disciplines in tabletop > https://roguetradertheburningexpanse.obsidianportal.com/wikis/psychic-disciplines

IMO balance cultism in gaming is so deadly and destroy fun as equality cultism destroy prosperity irl. Part of what sucks in modern RPG's is this obsession with balance. Wizardry, Might & Magic, Gold Box games, Dark Sun Shattered/Wake, Ravenloft Strahd possession/Stone prophet, all of this iconic games where incredible unbalanced. If this powers come with a much nastier perils of the warp, end up damaging the caster and so on, would be much better imo.

? Just use toybox to instakill enemies

I don't wanna to insta kill enemies. I don't care how high numbers psyker's can generate. I wanna to use cool powers available in lore, in other 40k games and in tabletop games.

Just like I installed Spell Fixes for nwn2 and it made nwn2 exponentially better.

Which staff, I think I didn't found it :negative:
Heretic Eyes Only, boyo!

-edit-
no wait, u get it too...
in prison, hidden in boss quarters

AHhZXhU.png

9uLwPbM.png

q31vtA0.png

the heroic version does not have a resist check

but u need nightmares on cassie, which is a good ability by itself
RYes6Vt.png

nigguh has also mental breach for -20 to will resist after dmg, and blindness ofcourse

Last edited by a moderator:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
This is Rogue Trader in name only.
Besides you'd be bitching about getting turned into a Spawn every second fight if it worked like in the PnP.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Besides you'd be bitching about getting turned into a Spawn every second fight if it worked like in the PnP.

Nope. I would just be forced to use very rarely my psyker powers. About in name only, Wrath is Wrath in name only, there are a lot of homebrew stuff and ... I really loved the homebrew stuff from OwlCat there. Like the summon shadow for shadowcaster. Is very powerful but also very dangerous. This ability is not present in P&P but is fun. I rarely use it cuz taking down the shadow when(not if) it turns against the former master is a pain in the ***. Now all psykwer powers in this game fells like D&D 4e spells...

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
ship battles + give loot from those to them
also few colony projects

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
  • Removed the annoying loud banging sound from the voidship's bridge;
Emperor be praised, that racket was getting really annoying.

A lot of the minor bugs I've encountered have been fixed in this patch, nice. Don't see any mention of the progression softlock I encountered in the Electrodynamic Cenobium (Harthwain mentioned it too), guess it must be rare enough to put on the back burner till a later patch.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Any way to increase the turning shit in ship combat? It is painful how slow it is the whole thing.

View attachment 44609
Doesn't work for me,it was the first thing i took.

By the way what is the deal with the navy? How do you raise rep with them?

You get trophies or something from killing pirates and xenos in ship combat. I should imagine you'd also have had to talk to the ship floating in space in the system with Footfall to initiate.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Any way to increase the turning shit in ship combat? It is painful how slow it is the whole thing.

View attachment 44609
Doesn't work for me,it was the first thing i took.

By the way what is the deal with the navy? How do you raise rep with them?

You get trophies or something from killing pirates and xenos in ship combat. I should imagine you'd also have had to talk to the ship floating in space in the system with Footfall to initiate.
I do that plenty,still no trophies that i could trade in,cleared the map in chapter 2.

Are you sure? I was using this talent a lot and it worked very well for me. It's kinda wonky sometimes tho
Yeah i did saw that you need to use it at the start of the turn.

you need to assign posts in the ship configurator. the tutorial comes at a wierd place.
I did that,thos the commander post is bugged,i put my character there but doesn't accept him lol.

notpl

Arbiter

You find a staff with the power to make things kill themselves like 5 hours into the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom