Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

ArchAngel

Arcane
whats the difference:
evac nobles or commoners? i grabbed the nobles cause i feel that chaos would want money

whats the difference:
anon or as roguetrader in ch2: i went anon cause the inquisitor faggot said to go as roguetrader
Henrix says to go anon, Abelard says go as RT. You did as he told you :P
As RT I got attacked right away and I could claim pirate treasure for myself at the funeral.

Yoomazir

Educated
Some fights are awfully long, not because they're hard but because of the number of enemies and RESPAWNS, like that crashed inquisitorial ship why Nurgle spawns.

notpl

Arbiter
whats the difference:
evac nobles or commoners? i grabbed the nobles cause i feel that chaos would want money

whats the difference:
anon or as roguetrader in ch2: i went anon cause the inquisitor faggot said to go as roguetrader
As RT I got attacked right away and I could claim pirate treasure for myself at the funeral.
You also get attacked immediately if you go incognito and can claim the pirate treasure for yourself if you pretend to be a long-lost heir as well. The reactivity in this game is mostly illusory until the last act, or when it is there it is strictly pass/fail stuff like losing profit factor if you don't go to planets in the correct order in chapter 1.

Shaki

Arbiter
whats the difference:

whats the difference:
You also get attacked immediately if you go incognito and can claim the pirate treasure for yourself if you pretend to be a long-lost heir as well. The reactivity in this game is mostly illusory until the last act, or when it is there it is strictly pass/fail stuff like losing profit factor if you don't go to planets in the correct order in chapter 1.
Was there ever any RPG where reactivity isn't ilusory? I can only think of Age of Decadence, but it was built specifically for it.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1702602778856.png

final boss was pretty beefy it nearly got a turn

notpl

Arbiter
whats the difference:

whats the difference:
Was there ever any RPG where reactivity isn't ilusory? I can only think of Age of Decadence, but it was built specifically for it.
In Wrath we started to get mythic path-exclusive stuff almost immediately after selecting one, both as unique solutions to quests and other conflicts and with whole new areas/characters which wouldn't be present on another playthrough.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This is worse than Kingmaker, seems like sanctions really fucked Owls over.

Seriously i like Yank i can deal with broken abilities but quests should be completable.
Sanctions didn't have ANY impact against them, and if they were really fucked they would hire me, and claim they are doing humanitarian stuff like employing disabled thus they are excerpt from sanctions.

This is simply typical owlcat development.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
In Wrath we started to get mythic path-exclusive stuff almost immediately after selecting one, both as unique solutions to quests and other conflicts and with whole new areas/characters which wouldn't be present on another playthrough.
I had quite a few Iconoclast options to solve situations or added options like recruting Prisoners to my crew. It just happens that i need to constantly pick those choices in order to appear as options.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Had tons of fun in the boss fight at Kiava. Once you get into the second archetype, it starts to get a bit overwhelming for a while; I had a period where there were so many options for my tiny people that I had option fatigue, but I got a nice little symphony going with that fight - i.e. what the abilities actually do, not what I vaguely think they do from cursory reading, is sinking in, as I'm checking the combat log more.

Also, my previous complaint about the maps (that they seem to be built for visuals more than gameplay) has been alleviated as I've gotten more mobility options. e.g. 2 extra movement points is a lot sometimes, and worth the spend for melee especially.

The 1 AP bump a quarter of the way down the second archetype wheel makes a huge difference too.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Man, the itemization was lackluster.. Then i talked with the first Vendor and got some insane loot

std::namespace

jeebus, i spent 2 hours leveling up 4 chars from 8 to 16... its insane
and i know that i will need to respec to remove that trash that i took midway through

made the tekk into a bounty hunter
psyker nig into assassin...
50/50 chance if it fits xD

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Ok, time to dive in.

The smart version of me knows I should wait a few months, and that I'll inevitably get stunlocked by bugs.

But there are xenos and heretics to be purged, and treasure to be looted. Wish me luck.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
staff with the power
Yes, another problem with psykers in this game. Diablo 3 style stat stick items.... D&D 4e like powers + Diablo 3 itemization. I would never expect such travesty in a Owlcat game, only in a modern Bioware/Josh Sawyer game. Lets hope that modders will gonna fix it and make abilities in line with P&P and other OwlCat games.
seems like sanctions really fucked Owls over.
Nope. They are in cyprus now.
The first patch notes are as long as a novel.
And only a tiny fraction of bugs will gonna be fixed.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
quite a lot of cheesy fuckness would be removed if they nerfed officer free turn basic / ulti ability and capped some values or scaling for few talents
mainly navigator talents are out of control give way too much for minimal investment. even if navigator got nerfed with officers you can make most of characters able to nuke any boss

now when I think about it basic archtype ulti moves are way better than any advanced archtype ones (other than operator thats pretty bad compared to rest of em). bounty hunter one looks good on paper but it got bugged most of time I used it

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, time to dive in.

The smart version of me knows I should wait a few months, and that I'll inevitably get stunlocked by bugs.

But there are xenos and heretics to be purged, and treasure to be looted. Wish me luck.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Herumor

Scholar
Going for my 2nd run of the game, this time full blown heresy.

I just wish the origins mattered more in conversations. If I pick Forge World, I feel like my character should have more options for interacting with the Mechanicus.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
[/QUOTE]
+20% increase in fire rate
have u checked if this applies to base fire rate or after rapid fire ability?

I have checked the gloves and they do seems to work, I have to calculate if they work as the description says but there is progression on shots due to versatility.
And yes, Rapid fire does stack, the effects are cumulative not multiplicative of course.

Yosharian

Arcane
Does Azata favorable magic affect Mournful Shadow will save?

The shadow is quite good but every single turn is a DC 18(and I din't know against what) to break free. IF yes, I will reload my previous save and go azata. I'm doing lich mp at moment.
Dude this is the Warhammer thread.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
jeebus, i spent 2 hours leveling up 4 chars from 8 to 16... its insane
and i know that i will need to respec to remove that trash that i took midway through

made the tekk into a bounty hunter
psyker nig into assassin...
50/50 chance if it fits xD
Bounty hunter seems the best choice for him. The Grandstrategist is also ok but the class is kinda shit in itself.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
quite a lot of cheesy fuckness would be removed if they nerfed officer free turn basic / ulti ability and capped some values or scaling for few talents
mainly navigator talents are out of control give way too much for minimal investment. even if navigator got nerfed with officers you can make most of characters able to nuke any boss

now when I think about it basic archtype ulti moves are way better than any advanced archtype ones (other than operator thats pretty bad compared to rest of em). bounty hunter one looks good on paper but it got bugged most of time I used it

They should also cap versatility, tactical advantage and not let versatility stacks increase by alternating burst and single shots. I think then we are where we should be.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does Azata favorable magic affect Mournful Shadow will save?

The shadow is quite good but every single turn is a DC 18(and I din't know against what) to break free. IF yes, I will reload my previous save and go azata. I'm doing lich mp at moment.
Dude this is the Warhammer thread.
Doesn't make a difference his psyker will still get kicked out the airlock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom