Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm doing one of the space combat quests right now. There's only one xenos ship left and he is just running away from me. I have no way of catching up to him. This has been going on for 20 turns now.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm doing one of the space combat quests right now. There's only one xenos ship left and he is just running away from me. I have no way of catching up to him. This has been going on for 20 turns now.
What about torpedoes?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Can't catch up either. The enemy did a turn maneuver and completely threw them off course.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

ah, the classy feel of unnecessary management bloat mini games of Owlcat. Wonder how much polish they could have got into the main systems if they dropped that bullshit

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I fucked Jae and now I am invisible. That pussy must have been really crazy or something tbh fam.

invisible.jpg

I hope this is not what 40K STDs look like.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

ah, the classy feel of unnecessary management bloat mini games of Owlcat. Wonder how much polish they could have got into the main systems if they dropped that bullshit
Void ship combat is a more necessary minigame than ground combat for a rogue trader.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean I like the mini-game. It's just that the fucking AI is simply running away from me in a fucking straight line and there's nothing I can do. I've been redoing the fight and the same shit keeps happening.

90minutes of trial and error, and a fucking miserable 26 turns of chasing the fucking AI, it finally reached the border of the map, which apparently does exist. The fucking shit just stood there not taking any turns, just sitting in one place waiting patiently for me to catch up and one shot it's ass. This was fucking abysmal. I need to stop playing Rogue Trader, like right now. My tilt levels are reaching maximum capacity and it's not even noon yet.

The cherry on top is that if I continued to chase the shitter on my first try this all would have been avoided.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

janior

Arcane
Patron
I had the ssame thing happen, they just kept running away, so I reloaded the save upgraded my vessel and shot them down before they could start running.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does Azata favorable magic affect Mournful Shadow will save?

The shadow is quite good but every single turn is a DC 18(and I din't know against what) to break free. IF yes, I will reload my previous save and go azata. I'm doing lich mp at moment.
Dude this is the Warhammer thread.
Doesn't make a difference his psyker will still get kicked out the airlock.

No problem for me voidfrost psykers can survive in the space with void substantiation
neqgfaK.png

source > https://roguetradertheburningexpanse.obsidianportal.com/wikis/psychic-disciplines

Not even Space Marines can do it.

Jokes aside, sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

There is condoms in 40k?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I had the ssame thing happen, they just kept running away, so I reloaded the save upgraded my vessel and shot them down before they could start running.
Smells like intentional time-wasting game design to me. I don't know how fucking retarded someone has to be to not catch that in earlier testing.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know how fucking retarded someone has to be to not catch that in earlier testing.

assuming that Owlcat test their game

assuming that even if it get reported the fucked up pipeline in Owlcat will be able to fix it by release

there are bugs in Beta of WotrR that didnt get fixed by the time the game launched

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I just wish the origins mattered more in conversations. If I pick Forge World, I feel like my character should have more options for interacting with the Mechanicus.
I hope going foward, Owlcat adds more reactivity in their games. It's one my biggest issue so far. They focus too much on their alignment/conviction and too little on the rest.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
surprising how few have reached act 2 but it is a long ass game

1702641164847.png

btw if u are struggling with middle game don't sleep on consumables some of em are broken as fuck (you get 30-50 of these)
same for grenades no point saving em I would spam all of those early game

1702641412773.png

guess I should not start another playthrough with gimped party to get some challenge I just wait for the dlc(s)

oscar

Arcane
I'm liking this a lot. Mid-way through chapter 2 on Daring and it feels about perfect. Most fights requires me to think and plan carefully. Some took multiple reloads but I figured it out eventually. Difficulty feels about perfect on this setting.

I will say they nailed the tone. It was nice to have an RPG where people finally acknowledge you're a powerful fucking person. You don't have characters second guessing or making sarcastic quips about your decisions. Most characters are sycophantic grovelers. Even with Idiria was nice a dialogue option where she was giving me sass and I threatened her to have her immediately shut up and apologise. Then I shot her of course after her demon summon incident.

The companions and voice acting is well-done. On a note I like the romances a lot. The game baits you with horny dialogue options but those go very poorly (well maybe with Jae but I left her too long to be able to recruit her). It felt quite refreshing that to romance an aristocrat (Cassia) you had to act like a Jane Austen character instead of a horny 21st century American. Even more so if you want to romance the Eldar girl (what is very easy to fuck up as it should be).

Very impressed with how they embraced the setting without chickening out on the squeamish parts.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I wish they could give us a space marine from another chapter rather than the space wolves.

I like him, but I think I'd prefer to have a imperial fist or iron hand. Also you can't ask him anything about Leman Russ, kind disappointing.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I wish they could give us a space marine from another chapter rather than the space wolves.

I like him, but I think I'd prefer to have a imperial fist or iron hand. Also you can't ask him anything about Leman Russ, kind disappointing.

I would have liked one that we can corrupt, I doubt we can.

Argenta, Yrliet and Ulfgar warned me because of my corruption, guessing they will fight me at some point

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I may not fancy the game, but it's definitely heartwarming to come here and read all the little reports made in a good mood. Feel free to continue, folks, and happy Xenos genocides!

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

I would have liked one that we can corrupt, I doubt we can.

Argenta, Yrliet and Ulfgar warned me because of my corruption, guessing they will fight me at some point
it seems you can get Chaos Space Marine at least

janior

Arcane
Patron

at least he is not PRIMARIS...

Aarwolf

Learned
Does Azata favorable magic affect Mournful Shadow will save?

The shadow is quite good but every single turn is a DC 18(and I din't know against what) to break free. IF yes, I will reload my previous save and go azata. I'm doing lich mp at moment.
Dude this is the Warhammer thread.
Doesn't make a difference his psyker will still get kicked out the airlock.

No problem for me voidfrost psykers can survive in the space with void substantiation
neqgfaK.png

source > https://roguetradertheburningexpanse.obsidianportal.com/wikis/psychic-disciplines

Not even Space Marines can do it.

Jokes aside, sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

There is condoms in 40k?

g0vfM3A.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom