Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Aarwolf

Learned
If someone still has issues with updating the game on GOG, there is a workaround:

1. Go to the Settings (to cog in the top left corner)
  2. Go to Installing, updating
  3. Change "Temporary game update folder" from "Save into game installation folder" to an other folder. I set it to "E:\GOG Games\Temp"
  4. Restart the update/download

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1702662116675.png

TwoEdge

Scholar
BTW I just noticed that the strikecraft are in (so far I have seen them launched only from the Chaos Murder-class cruisers) - this is a huge incline and makes me wonder if you get a cruiser of your own at some point to use them as well... or maybe there will be a DLC for that?

:philosoraptor:

That's possible, here's an exerpt from their 1st upcoming DLC blurb: "Explore new decks of your voidship, unlock new upgrade options, and master the mechanics of void combat". Maybe they're expanding on that, we'll see.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Yea remember to spam that report a bug button, I probably send them 50+ reports in the last few days, I know these fuckers probably don't even read them since none of the shit I reported in beta got fixed, but maybe at some point they'll start. Things certainly will never get fixed if no one reports them, and some bugs are pretty rare.

As a former QA believe me they will have at least a thousand open tickets, those have to prioritised differently as well. It's often not the QA that is the bottleneck but finances, time and coding competency.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
For someone who is pretty good at noticing bugs[i found bugs in kingmaker enhanced plus edition still] how buggy this one is? Also how similar to Wotr in the first chapter cringe exposition it is?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Fuck me, Act 3 has some broken stuff in it here and there. It's the traditional "lose all your stuff, find your comrades again" trope, but it's nicely done story-wise, very dark and atmospheric - the Drukhari do have dark elfishness, but they're also kind of like an s-f version of the Fey in Pathfinder, long-lived beings with ennui turning to degenerate, sadistic pleasures, mad scientists dabbling with enormous experiments careless of the cost in lives, etc. And the art design for the Drukhari toys and architecture is excellent - spikey emo dark elf, but really well done.

But there are constant bumps in the road. You've really got to do full saves very regularly to have any hope of surviving, just so you can backtrack to before when something broke. Quicksaves seem to break easily for some reason too (though that might just some pecularity of my setup, dunno), I've found only full saves reliably load up again (seems a peculiarity of this section, never encountered it before). Also, sometimes things are so poorly signposted that you can spend hours wandering around fruitlessly - looking for the quest progression trigger is like looking for a needle in a haystack. You really do have to look everywhere, at everything, because important things are easy to miss.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
For someone who is pretty good at noticing bugs[i found bugs in kingmaker enhanced plus edition still] how buggy this one is? Also how similar to Wotr in the first chapter cringe exposition it is?

If there is something I really don't like about the game is that the story is built around the same beats. The acts are, content wise, very much structured like Wotr.

Some of the exposition is really wierd as you character should simply know specific things but I understand why they would need to do it due to players new to the franchise.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
And finally encountered quest breaking bug in chap 4 with cassia’s quest: final part of her quest is just borked, with conversations breaking if you pick the dialogue choices in wrong order and choices made during the quest get completely ignored in the epilogue.

Ein Axt

Educated
Just reached level level 20 a while ago and got the first "Increase AP" talent. I've been to 3 or 4 fights after and I noticed my party's AP starts at 5, but fluctuates between 4-5 after the first round. I asked around and it seems like it's a known bug.

Any of you guys have a fix/solution for this thing? I'm really enjoying this game and I'd really want to continue my journey but this AP bug is killing ,e

Shaki

Arbiter
Just reached level level 20 a while ago and got the first "Increase AP" talent. I've been to 3 or 4 fights after and I noticed my party's AP starts at 5, but fluctuates between 4-5 after the first round. I asked around and it seems like it's a known bug.

Any of you guys have a fix/solution for this thing? I'm really enjoying this game and I'd really want to continue my journey but this AP bug is killing ,e
Same solution as for 9000 other bugs, either ignore it and learn to live with it, or wait a year for enhanced edition :positive:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
question about secret companions

which archtypes were they and did they have any cool personal talents?
Im surprised I did not get to recruit church woman since I went full dogmatic + probably chose all correct dialogue options with her

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
question about secret companions

which archtypes were they and did they have any cool personal talents?
Im surprised I did not get to recruit church woman since I went full dogmatic + probably chose all correct dialogue options with her
Do you mean argenta or some other? Also they are most likely locked in to paths.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The intro is surprisingly bug free compared to the beta, so there have been improvements made.

Except that lag when you kill an enemy and they stutter into ragdoll mode is still there. Do people like that? It's super jarring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom