Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

jf8350143

Liturgist
Arch-militant's buff simply doesn't work on melee and single attack. I get only 3 extra damage when my space marine has 40 Versatilities, and when I get to 50 Versatilities, I only get 2 extra damage.

I was gonna try to make a melee focused Arch-militant build but until the bug is fixed it would be utterly useless.

Shaki

Arbiter
Arch-militant's buff simply doesn't work on melee and single attack. I get only 3 extra damage when my space marine has 40 Versatilities, and when I get to 50 Versatilities, I only get 2 extra damage.

I was gonna try to make a melee focused Arch-militant build but until the bug is fixed it would be utterly useless.
Pretty sure it does work, but burst is broken and stacks infinitely without needing other attacks between bursts, and also adds 2 stacks instead of one. Also ranged characters are just stronger than melee, and burst specifically is stronger than everything in this game other than Cassia, but arch militant is so broken that even melee/single ranged shot builds are very strong with it, quickly stacking to 100% crit, very high damage, free attack every turn. It just doesnt really matter how good they are, when you have a soldier/arch militant burst character that solo clears the whole battlefield in one turn.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Pretty sure it does work, but burst is broken and stacks infinitely without needing other attacks between bursts, and also adds 2 stacks instead of one. Also ranged characters are just stronger than melee, and burst specifically is stronger than everything in this game other than Cassia, but arch militant is so broken that even melee/single ranged shot builds are very strong with it, quickly stacking to 100% crit, very high damage, free attack every turn. It just doesnt really matter how good they are, when you have a soldier/arch militant burst character that solo clears the whole battlefield in one turn.
It doesn't work, at all. It has nothing to do with burst fire, it simply doesn't add any damage to melee or single attack. Again like I said, there is only 3 extra damage with 40 versatilities, and you get even less when you have 50.

When you click on the enemy, the game tells you the attack will do around 300 damage, but when you actually hit you only deal 50 on crit. It's absolutely bugged.

Shaki

Arbiter

It doesn't work, at all. It has nothing to do with burst fire, it simply doesn't add any damage to melee or single attack. Again like I said, there is only 3 extra damage with 40 versatilities, and you get even less when you have 50.

When you click on the enemy, the game tells you the attack will do around 300 damage, but when you actually hit you only deal 50 on crit. It's absolutely bugged.
Versatility should add BS or WS /2 dmg if you have 4 or more stacks, you mean this doesn't work with melee and single attacks? I never tested it, but tbh even if it doesn't it's not a big deal, I mean at 300 skill it would be like 12 dmg, kinda irrelevant for single attack build, whether it works or not

jf8350143

Liturgist

Versatility should add BS or WS /2 dmg if you have 4 or more stacks, you mean this doesn't work with melee and single attacks? I never tested it, but tbh even if it doesn't it's not a big deal, I mean at 300 skill it would be like 12 dmg, kinda irrelevant for single attack build, whether it works or not
lstTuNe.jpg

Yes, you can see here my space marine has 47 versatility but it only adds 4 damage. Critical Versatility doesn't work either.

p60cuza.jpg

Burst fire works normally, with 22 extra damage.

On top of that, the inspire from master tactican doesn't work on his melee attack and single ranged attack as well, but works fine on burst fire.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Did some more testing, apparently the inspire doesn't work on any character's melee or ranged single attack. Melee aoe attack works fine just like bursting fire.

Basically it's not the bursting fire is too OP, the bursting fire is working as intended while melee and single range attack is buggy as fuck.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
not too many. you can pull enemies in this fight, stand in non lightning areas or attack ranged and after fight use 1 char to run past em and turn em off. those are on like 50% of time so its not too bad to avoid those
There's more? :mad: I just hate the "tEH fLOoR iS LaVA" gimmick in all its forms.
If you wait around, the snipers mutate into melee creatures and walk through the lightning to get you. :D

Incendax

Augur
Apparently I've got hilarious luck.

Lens fight? 3 chaos beasts and 2 blue horrors.

Electric fight? 3 chaos beasts.

Aurora 1 fight? 1 chaos beast, 1 plaguebearer.

Parade fight? 3 chaos beasts, 1 daemonette.

All on unfair with no officers. May the Emprah laugh at their charred corpses!

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Also the save system is garbage. Lost 30 minutes because the game refuses to autosave on area transitions.

Seriously. If you don't remember to save you can lose quite a bit of progress. They had this down pretty well in WOTR so I dunno what the fuck happened where you are not getting Autosaves except on major zone transitions. (If you are lucky)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
After Footfall the game would make you believe that you somewhat have a choice on where to go only to assrape you if you if you go to Kiava Gamma first huh

Servitor walking 9 grid instead of 7 and exploding for 20 damage when killed kind of assrape

Reinhardt

Arcane
walking through fire, executing heretics, aliens and traitors, don't bothering with "diplomacy" and knowing you did right thing every single time. it's good to be finally able to play good person.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
FOR FUCKS SAKE CAN ANY MEETING WITH ANYONE ANYWHERE GO RIGHT FOR ONCE?
(This must have been the 4th time I got attacked during a "meeting" with someone.)

Yeah that was starting to annoy me too, they way over-used the "ambushed meeting the local bigwig" trope.

Also yeah, re. your other comment, the friendly fire gets ridiculous sometimes, with you being shot in the back by burst fire from yellows constantly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The AI in big fights is just fucking garbage.
nah, its pretty good, the csm ran to my side to get the most out of his burst
that alone is better than most games, including owlscat shit
also made me think a bunch how to kill him
i still gotta test if enemies will stand blindly in the navigator persistent aoe dmg spell, its a shit spell though...

the problem is largely that you can out-shoot them, so turtling in chp1 is a braindead option until csm

but fights have enough rock paper sci to be interesting on unfair, those hp values are the deciding factor because they scale multiplicatively
troops are still 25 hp but the commander is 300 so you do have a decision tree

enemy abilities are also variable
ember on footfall, just dashed through abeltard and killed sister in 1 strike... did not expect that...
Uhh that Ember fight took me 4 tries because I thought you can only approach it from some stairs in the middle where he is closest and where there is no cover so he kept AoE killing two guys in one attack and whoever survived would get grenaded by others right after :(

ArchAngel

Arcane
The AI in big fights is just fucking garbage.
nah, its pretty good, the csm ran to my side to get the most out of his burst
that alone is better than most games, including owlscat shit
also made me think a bunch how to kill him
i still gotta test if enemies will stand blindly in the navigator persistent aoe dmg spell, its a shit spell though...

the problem is largely that you can out-shoot them, so turtling in chp1 is a braindead option until csm

but fights have enough rock paper sci to be interesting on unfair, those hp values are the deciding factor because they scale multiplicatively
troops are still 25 hp but the commander is 300 so you do have a decision tree

enemy abilities are also variable
ember on footfall, just dashed through abeltard and killed sister in 1 strike... did not expect that...
I didn't expect Eldars with 200 dodge, had literally nothing capable of hitting them when they appeared, 2 of these random fuckers nearly wiped me.

Next fight with them I was prepared an destroyed them, but it was nice, having to change equipment and adapt my tactics to specific enemy.
You can stack exploits and then Expose Weakness on them. Also grenades and spells.

ArchAngel

Arcane

lstTuNe.jpg

Yes, you can see here my space marine has 47 versatility but it only adds 4 damage. Critical Versatility doesn't work either.

p60cuza.jpg

On top of that, the inspire from master tactican doesn't work on his melee attack and single ranged attack as well, but works fine on burst fire.
I hope you reported this.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
FOR FUCKS SAKE CAN ANY MEETING WITH ANYONE ANYWHERE GO RIGHT FOR ONCE?
(This must have been the 4th time I got attacked during a "meeting" with someone.)

Yeah that was starting to annoy me too, they way over-used the "ambushed meeting the local bigwig" trope.

Also yeah, re. your other comment, the friendly fire gets ridiculous sometimes, with you being shot in the back by burst fire from yellows constantly.
The whole "Meet the Navigators" scene in your capital is egregious since you're surrounded by your own NPC guards and all they do is wildly burst fire everywhere. The AI also loves to target shit at the maximum range for extra saturation fire along the way.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, the friendly AI constantly burst firing across your party members at long range - and thus hitting friendlies all the time - is probably my biggest complaint about the game right now. There were fights in which friendly NPCs did more damage to my party through constant friendly fire than the enemy did.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found melee generally more reliable than shooting, maybe its just me tho.
Melee needs to go through enemy parry and dodge to hit. Melee vs enemy ranged that cannot parry is more reliable but vs other melee is usually worse then ranged vs ranged or ranged vs melee

jf8350143

Liturgist
The problem about melee is they are bugged, lots of buffs don't work on them.

The normal melee attack only does chip damage.

jf8350143

Liturgist

lstTuNe.jpg

p60cuza.jpg

I hope you reported this.

Reported but I honestly don't know when they will fix it. There are more serious bug at the moment, like the fact I still can't even trigger the main quests and companion quests in act 4.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
All-in-all, I'm still enjoying the heck out of the game and I'm sure it'll all be working fine at some point in the future, like the previous two games. But I agree with what someone said above - the traditional year of waiting for Owlcat games to be fixed could be better spent as a year in Early Access. They have to change their system somehow, because while I think their games are all great achievements, they can't keep full-releasing bug-ridden messes like this, it's what stops them from having a full AAA rep, which in terms of content, richness of all the various elements, etc., as designed and intended, I think they do deserve.

Forgot to say in a previous post: the music boys have knocked it out of the park again with this. WOTR had an excellent and very suitable soundtrack. This does as well, especially with its liberal use of cathedral organ, which goes so well with the Gothic elements of the art style :)

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Recorded this just now, can do same for any chapter 2.5+ boss and as I have mentioned Cassia can probably solo whole game act 2+

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom