Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

janior

Arcane
Patron
damn thats one way to kill fun

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I dont mind overpowered shit but when all u need is just getting most of navigator talents and nothing else it shows how incompetent people behind balancing are

jf8350143

Liturgist
Cassia is aslo bugged, some of her buffs will disappear in the middle of the fight for no reason. If it get fixed she will only get more powerful.

But again, most of the architypes can be OP as fuck, so I guess it balanced itself out.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I've played the release version for around 60 hours so far. I particularly enjoyed the first two chapters, the combat was enjoyable, with a mixture of challenging and straightforward fights that allowed you to feel like your party was getting more powerful.

Chapter 3 was very good overall, particularly the atmosphere and environment, but the encounter design started to dip in quality towards the end. Fighting Dark Eldar who commonly had hundreds of wounds each (some of them more than 2x the number the Space Wolf has) felt a bit silly and immersion breaking. I wish they had better damage reduction systems so these kinds of HP sponge mechanics weren't necessary to balance the difficulty.

Now I'm in Chapter 4 and things are starting to get a bit buggy so I'm dropping this until later. When my ship jumps between systems the game keeps cutting to the bridge or my quarters without playing a cut-scene so I think I'm probably missing a load of content. The fights I've faced so far have opponents with even greater wound bloat. Eldar Pathfinders and Guardians with 250+ wounds each? The combat is not too difficult or anything, but these numbers are just too inflated. I wouldn't mind so much if I were fighting Demons, Wraithguard, or similar foes with those totals, but having Space Elves being this resilient just annoys the hell out of me.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I like act 3 but the enemy diversity is pretty bad. In chapter two you can fly around the system and face all kinds of random enemies, in act 3 it's mostly just dark eldar. They could throw some more strange enemies at the arena part.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lore (Warp) 30 lol

The devs of this game don't care about consistency between game and lore.

This game has good combat :smug:

If and only if you like D&D 4e.
in act 3 it's mostly just dark eldar.
Well, you are in a city full of Dark Eldar. What do you expect? Orcs and TAU?

-----------

In a scale of zero to FL76, how buggy the game was for you guys? For me, I encountered failing to load saves and other minor stuff but nothing game breaking but as I've said, I will only play it after a modder fixes the psyker so I can't say about chapter 4+ bugs. And at moment, playing WoTR.

Shaki

Arbiter
Did some more testing, apparently the inspire doesn't work on any character's melee or ranged single attack. Melee aoe attack works fine just like bursting fire.

Basically it's not the bursting fire is too OP, the bursting fire is working as intended while melee and single range attack is buggy as fuck.
I mean, burst fire is still OP, because of how it interacts with damage bonuses, +20 bonus applying on every shot in 12 round burst will be 240 extra dmg (realistically even more because it will be multiplied on crits), while for single attack it will be just 20.

Apart from bugfixes, imho they should really make it so conditional +damage bonuses apply only on the first shot, or are spread between all the shots in the burst, with only bonuses from things like weapon expert talents and specific heavy weapon talents, applying to every shot in the burst.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I don't think there is a single mechanic or system in this game that is well designed. Most of it kinda-sorta works but it isn't particularly good.
Skill system: Needlessly obtuse, half the abilities don't work as advertised, other half are broken or imbalanced
Exploration system: Full of fake choice, there is an optimal route you're supposed to follow, going off the beaten path means unwinnable fights
Space combat: Entirely binary, no skill involved. You either have the upgrades to beat a specific fight or you lose
Colony system: Enjoy flying through half a dozen loading screens to check on your planets like this is Elite Dangerous or some shit
Combat: Broken AI, broken line of sight, prone to bugging out entirely

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Colony system: Enjoy flying through half a dozen loading screens to check on your planets like this is Elite Dangerous or some shit

Nigga, just click on the Colony management button LMAO. Inb4 "I have to fly to Footfall to sell stuff to traders."

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

Nigga, just click on the Colony management button LMAO. Inb4 "I have to fly to Footfall to sell stuff to traders."
urgent events need personal visit which is pretty retarded considering those are just choose dialogue option

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wish that the iconoclast path trolled your really hard for your igenuity, like refusing to give psykers to the black ships only to them to become daemon spawns for eg.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am just finishing all quests in Footfall in Act 2, taking it slow hoping patching takes care of later chapters before I arrive there :)

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

urgent events need personal visit which is pretty retarded considering those are just choose dialogue option

Dunno man, if by urgent events you mean stuff like "the leader of Order of Hammer on Foulstone died, you need to select his successor" or "strange mutants appeared on Janus," that stuff can be handled by opening the planet in the colonisation menu too, I never traveled there to adressed these things.

Anyway, I larped a little and invested a lot of navigation resource to open direct routes between my main planets, so it wouldnt be that much of a problem for me either - it helped with getting the seals for Jae´s trade warrant for example.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

Dunno man, if by urgent events you mean stuff like "the leader of Order of Hammer on Foulstone died, you need to select his successor" or "strange mutants appeared on Janus," that stuff can be handled by opening the planet in the colonisation menu too, I never traveled there to adressed these things.

Anyway, I larped a little and invested a lot of navigation resource to open direct routes between my main planets, so it wouldnt be that much of a problem for me either - it helped with getting the seals for Jae´s trade warrant for example.

1702733766797.png

these

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Unavoidable 1 vs 10 battle because of unsafe warp travel. Very cool Owlscat, great design.

Wow, warp travel with low nagivator insight is dangerous!! More allies will join in each round. This game has its problems, body types instead of genders, 4e style psyker powers, abilities that don't work, bloat in bonuses and debuffs of attributes, etc. But I enjoyed the way that they did warp travel.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just reached level level 20 a while ago and got the first "Increase AP" talent. I've been to 3 or 4 fights after and I noticed my party's AP starts at 5, but fluctuates between 4-5 after the first round. I asked around and it seems like it's a known bug.

Any of you guys have a fix/solution for this thing? I'm really enjoying this game and I'd really want to continue my journey but this AP bug is killing ,e
Same solution as for 9000 other bugs, either ignore it and learn to live with it, or wait a year for enhanced edition :positive:
And if you wait a little longer, you can get it for free on the Epic MegaGames store. I am not sure they can keep doing that; it's not exactly topping sales, and it sounds like you guys are all doing the beta testing for free again. Exactly like the two previous games; this time, I am not touching this yet, and it sits in my library.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom