Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Need your advice, by the way. What tier 2 archetype should I choose for a warrior with a two-handed weapon? Don't want to be a Vanguard - I'm not really into tanking :?

If you dont want to tank, I would go with the Arch-Militant to maximase the damage output.

Shaki

Arbiter
Did some more testing, apparently the inspire doesn't work on any character's melee or ranged single attack. Melee aoe attack works fine just like bursting fire.

Basically it's not the bursting fire is too OP, the bursting fire is working as intended while melee and single range attack is buggy as fuck.
I mean, burst fire is still OP, because of how it interacts with damage bonuses, +20 bonus applying on every shot in 12 round burst will be 240 extra dmg (realistically even more because it will be multiplied on crits), while for single attack it will be just 20.

Apart from bugfixes, imho they should really make it so conditional +damage bonuses apply only on the first shot, or are spread between all the shots in the burst, with only bonuses from things like weapon expert talents and specific heavy weapon talents, applying to every shot in the burst.
The whole point of heavy bolters, stubbers and all other high rof weapons is to capitalize on those bonuses. The moment they change it, all those weapons go to the cargo.
They have already nerfed bounty hunters by making the damage bonus from "Cull the bold" to only apply to the first shot (without changing the description, as expected from owlcats). I guess they thought that BS/2 is ok to add to every shot, they didn't expect for people to stack versatility so fast.
Heavy bolter would be pretty damn good in damage even without these conditional bonuses. Like, shit, if I can pump 40 bullets into a dude in one turn, they really don't need to individually do 100+ damage, 10-20dmg per bullet already would be enough to outdps most other builds.

Need your advice, by the way. What tier 2 archetype should I choose for a warrior with a two-handed weapon? Don't want to be a Vanguard - I'm not really into tanking :?
Arch-militant for everyone, even with bonuses from versatility being broken and not working on melee, it's still the most busted class in the game by far. Maybe if you play it, it'll result in faster nerfs :positive:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So am I supposed to take down commisar and/or the snake guy in the dark city with just two party members and no equipment? This is some bullshit...

Not really, have Abelard keeping him occupied while Argenta either has, or you should have been able to pick up for her (can't remember which) a Stubber that's actually a lot more accurate than her usual Bolter, and chunky enough for the weak scum there - she just mows down everything, especially if you're an officer and can give her the extra turns, and then makes short work of the lizard too.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1702752874819.png

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
you can pick classes and talents blindfolded
just have few dudes to give you extra turns and you're good
till chapter 4 lmao then it bugs out

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
I see, Arch-Militant then

Well I am stuck again, I can not side with the heretic Path on the main quest it seems and am unable to progress due to that.

One of the two first main quests does not continue if you follow the heretic path.

Owlcat_Eyler

This is specific to the aeldari hunting quest, I have Yrliet with me and after the battle with the aeldar in their camp, where you see that Winterscale is a Khorne servant and Yrliet defects because you are a heretic, I can not speak with Winterscale at all, there is nothing in the Village and returning to the ship will not trigger anything, including using the Map.

I will send a Bug report in game as well and try to progress it with Toybox, wish me luck
Hm, that's bad. The team will check the bug report
Owlcat_Eyler Xbox patch when?
It is start of weekend already..
Live already
I have been checking since Thursday and there was no update for the game.
It says 1.0.0.117 in the game
Will check it

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
e treated more as a combat convenience and balanced as such to make the game playable and fun.(...) Reactivity and custom content in this game is comparatively lacking.

Yep. I was expecting something like what OwlCat homebrew from WoTR but much more dangerous. But about balance, other OwlCat games where not balanced. I mean, just look to phantasmal mage Demon or Azata busting spell DC to oblivion and forcing the screen to do 4 will and 4 fort saves or die if fail in all fort saves, essentially deleting the entire screen before the battle even starts or OHKilling Demon Lords and being able to cast such spell dozens of times per rest.

At 1:16 -

Anyway, I can't say about the other archetypes, but I picked OFFICER in my first one. I saw that everyone was doing much more damage than me and decided to pick something to support them. The extra turn to Argenta where ultra busted. She + the Eldari companion which I forgot the name was my party bread winner.

jungl

Augur
psyker origin actually not that great. All the others can give huge game changing damage boost to aliies or self to decisively end fights. Have to spend lot of level ups grabbing powers for the builds versatility to come online and hybridizing stats by that time other origins will be steamrolling the opposition with their specialization. Owlcat did a decent job in balancing them.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
How far into the game can you start equipping power armor to characters that aren't Argenta?

Erebus

Arcane
Just started Act 2 and I have a question : do you always get a fight within the first five minutes after arriving to a new planet ?

Last edited:

Lamiosa

Educated
How far into the game can you start equipping power armor to characters that aren't Argenta?
People on discord said act 4, can't confirm as I gave up on my first save as act 4 is still too bugged so I started another playthrough.

Harthwain

Magister
I noticed you can "hire skilled fighters" on the deck of the ship. Interestingly enough it means you can generate extra companions (Icewind Dale-style) and start the first mission after the tutorial with a full party of 6, instead of doing it with a party of 4, like I did on my first try. This explains why the fight with the first Keeper was so difficult.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am doing some ship full of corrupted tech priests at lvl 18.. they put you into a corridor, enemy gets iniative and throws 3 grenades in one turn(??) and kills abelard and henrix before they can even do anything.. this is such stupid design..

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Assassin is quite good, especialy if you focus on dodge. Otherwise , go Arch Militant for Damage

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I am doing some ship full of corrupted tech priests at lvl 18.. they put you into a corridor, enemy gets iniative and throws 3 grenades in one turn(??) and kills abelard and henrix before they can even do anything.. this is such stupid design..
Typical Owlcats.

std::namespace

basic instincts till you become a chaos bitch
hot, uwu

Niggers. Will. Be. Modded. Out
how do i change the nig avatar picture into some hot latina?

QA happening right in front of our eyes...

I wish most Owlcat dialogues were so short and on point.
i skip all cursive... in fact i skip all """writing""" and grind the 11 12 13 14 21 22 23 24 ... dialogue for the [heresy]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Typical Owlcats.
I think I am just too low level. I reached final boss and he wiped me in 2 turns.. he basically one shots even my tanks and gets free action every time I attack him..

Aarwolf

Learned
I'm out of luck completely - the first was GOG update, now after returning to realspace after chapter 3 no cutscene happened and I have nothing - no main quest, no companion quests, only rumours from Janris and Vigdis.

Everyone is gathered up on the bridge and my character walks down to meet them but then the cutscene just stops there and I'm given back control. If I go out to the map and back to the bridge, all the characters return to their positions except the officers, which a permanently stuck in front of the throne.

And that's it, nothing happens after that. I can move freely with a voidship, but nothing more. I think I'm done with this playthrough, sadly.

Owlcat_Eyler please take a note on this, this is a quite common issue, you can find it threads about on steam and on reddit.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Just started Act 2 and I have a question : do you always get a fight within the first five minute after arriving to a new planet ?
Doesn't that depend on if you start one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom