Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am doing some ship full of corrupted tech priests at lvl 18.. they put you into a corridor, enemy gets iniative and throws 3 grenades in one turn(??) and kills abelard and henrix before they can even do anything.. this is such stupid design..
A lot of optional dungeon aren't supposed to be done until a bit later, the world isn't "zoned" like KM was.

I am level 22 in hard and still find that battle very difficult due to the speakers adding 30 temp health each (and there are like 3 - 4 speakers per encounter).

Most of the time you need to save before entering random place just in case there is a fuck you dungeon there.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am doing some ship full of corrupted tech priests at lvl 18.. they put you into a corridor, enemy gets iniative and throws 3 grenades in one turn(??) and kills abelard and henrix before they can even do anything.. this is such stupid design..
A lot of optional dungeon aren't supposed to be done until a bit later, the world isn't "zoned" like KM was.

I am level 22 in hard and still find that battle very difficult due to the speakers adding 30 temp health each (and there are like 3 - 4 speakers per encounter).

Most of the time you need to save before entering random place just in case there is a fuck you dungeon there.
I was able to finish those battles with lvl 17, got to 18 before boss battle but boss wrecked me. I think I will come back at end of Act2 or in Act 3 if you can still roam the map in that act.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
1702811490287.png

Nice, this is much better.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was just checking the roadmap for the projected 21-22 Dec patch, and there are a few major bugs that they say they've already sorted and hope to deploy fixes for in that patch:-

2) Seize the Initiative still causes an endless loop of turns under some circumstances when using multiple officers with this talent. We intend to address this in the nearest patch.

3) Locked quest in Quetza Temer that blocks further progress.

4) Nothing happens at the bridge - quests and cutscenes don't start in Act IV or V.

Also noticed this that's in line for later patches, but if you're getting unaccountable lag this might be the problem:-

7) Chartist's Pendant item causes the game to lag heavily and load much longer than normal, the inventory may not load sometimes. Unequipping it and putting to cargo works as a temporary solution.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
What system was that in? I ran into it too but realized it was too difficult so I reloaded. Now I cant find it anymore.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What system was that in? I ran into it too but realized it was too difficult so I reloaded. Now I cant find it anymore.
Avioris

Harthwain

Magister
What does "cargo capacity" means in partical terms? Some of my items are above 100% capacity and I am wondering whether I should sell some of my loot off to a faction or wait and sell to someone else (currently I have no idea with whom I want to build reputation).

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
you only need those for factions + few void events use em mainly to skip random encounter

dont matter much who you give gear I would follow your conviction (church + mecha for dogmatic, pirates + other degenerates for heretic. navy is for all and no need to save those materials no1 else accepts em)

or if u see something u like you can pump your rank with that faction

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah that was the only challenging map I encountered early one, a nasty surprise that one.

Harthwain

Magister
you only need those for factions + few void events use em mainly to skip random encounter
I know I need them for factions. I am wondering whether I should sell some of it off, in case cargo capacity becomes the problem (which isn't very clear to me when looking at the UI).

Harthwain

Magister
pretty sure there is no limit
Then I don't get the math. I have 2 stacks of Fuel for 112% and 108% as well as 2 stacks of Miscellaneous for 102% and 100%. Why not 2 stacks of Fuel for 100% and 1 for 20%? Why not 2 stacks of Miscellaneous for 100% and 1 for 2%? I tried to split items and move them between "packages" to get better % (as close to 100% as possible), but nothing happens.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
pretty sure there is no limit
Then I don't get the math. I have 2 stacks of Fuel for 112% and 108% as well as 2 stacks of Miscellaneous for 102% and 100%. Why not 2 stacks of Fuel for 100% and 1 for 20%? Why not 2 stacks of Miscellaneous for 100% and 1 for 2%? I tried to split items and move them between "packages" to get better % (as close to 100% as possible), but nothing happens.

I would assume that the items (you can check that on the cargo menu) do not have a flat increase in % and can just not be divided. Imagine one fuel Canister has 42% fuel Cargo for example. You would need to check every item separately. Not sure if the game calculates the most efficient way though.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
probably because game does not auto sort cargo every time u get a new item to get least wasted % out of it
maybe I dont know

also when u have shitload of cargo its awful that you cant auto sort it so you could easily pick whatever type of stuff u want to donate need to scroll whole list and pick individually

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

I was able to finish those battles with lvl 17, got to 18 before boss battle but boss wrecked me. I think I will come back at end of Act2 or in Act 3 if you can still roam the map in that act.

I find that battles can get a lot easier if you actually hang back and let the enemy come to you where the terrain allows it - for example the second battle on board of the corrupted tech priest ship is much easier, if you stay in the hallway connecting to the big room with tech priests. They will run to you and arrive in smaller groups, so you dont take fire from all of them. There are similar fights which can be approached in this way, for example the fight with mutated crew on the ship where you find another navigator.

The Forgefiend boss on the tech priest ship requires debuffing of armor (for example by the dismantling attack that Pasqal has), plus its good to have someone snipe it from cover on the sides of the map (helps to soak up the return fire). I checked back to the save from this particular boss and I was able to do it on level 17.

Its in Aviorus system, not too far from Furribundus.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I find that battles can get a lot easier if you actually hang back and let the enemy come to you where the terrain allows it - for example the second battle on board of the corrupted tech priest ship is much easier, if you stay in the hallway connecting to the big room with tech priests. They will run to you and arrive in smaller groups, so you dont take fire from all of them. There are similar fights which can be approached in this way, for example the fight with mutated crew on the ship where you find another navigator.

The Forgefiend boss on the tech priest ship requires debuffing of armor (for example by the dismantling attack that Pasqal has), plus its good to have someone snipe it from cover on the sides of the map (helps to soak up the return fire). I checked back to the save from this particular boss and I was able to do it on level 17.

Its in Aviorus system, not too far from Furribundus.
It is not his defense, he does 50+ damage on turn 1 to my unbuffed guys and one shots them. I will come back when they can survive hits from the guy. Also debuffing is stupid as you cannot delay actions and then you are supposed to skip turns with everyone until debuffer gets his/her turn..

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
How is the story and companions? I'm pretty sure I won't pick up this game until an EE comes out but still curious.

I like I'm not hearing about a lot of gay/cringe shit like bear sex 3.

Shaki

Arbiter

This was literally the first battle I ran into after leaving footfall, I thought "fuck yeah, unfair ch2 actually is challenging af, first dungeon already so hard", then I went to Janus and roflstomped everything :negative:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

yeah a lot of fight is easier this way but I dunno it feels like gaming the encounter

the mutated crew spit is not an attack iirc and thus doing it this way is good too because its like getting naded

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
How is the story and companions? I'm pretty sure I won't pick up this game until an EE comes out but still curious.

I like I'm not hearing about a lot of gay/cringe shit like bear sex 3.

I'm not done yet but I am close to the ending.

The game is fun, it's very much structured like WOTR.

However the story does not really do it for me, it feels awfully constructed, has also similar beats (Act 3 is basically Act 4 in WOTR, Act 4 is basicallys act 5 in Wotr and so on) Act compared to Wotr and I don't think I like rogue trader as a setting. (Love 40k though I play the wargame)

What is the strength of such factions in lore looked at from a strategic perspective feels bland in detail in my eyes. The Imperium has to be the Imperium, the Chaos factions have their usual shenanigans, the Dark eldar torture people, the aeldari are shitty elves just like they always are etc.

meaning basically what happens is what is to be expected. It's fine if you you like a story in 40k that does not hold much sueprises but I would not recommend to play it for the great story.
However I think they nailed it, which is actually a reflection of that, the factions in the setting. The Imperium and their Dogma, the Drukhari and Eldar, the Mechanicus and even Necrons are a joy to behold and seem to be implemented in a way that shows care for the setting.

I love the depcition of chaos, Tzeentch is the big player this time around and it's a blessing to have, the first game know to me, to not have every Chaos space marine scream in my ears all the time about killing and insanity but to see them Preach and be Psykers and have even the less prominent factions for this story be portrayed very nuanced.

I really don't like the focus on Rogue traders it's not what I play 40k for. The story supports different way of playing, with three convictions (paths) going through but looking at it realistically these seem to be tacked on and the changes up until the last point of the game are rather miniscule. I have behaved like a heretic the whole game, with torture victims a Chaos shrine and all openly visible in my voidship and none, apart from the three (four?) characters that are incompatible with the heretic route, commented on that at all. And those three choose to see it as "too much" like a second before the ending. It's Jarring.

If you want to play a game in the setting with the setting being really well implemented then this game is for you. It's fun, some of the mechanics are a bit outlandish, the combat becomes somewhat tedious, the mini games (Ship combat and colonisation + the whole warp map shenanigans) are the best iteration yet of owlcat minigames bit they are still borderline shit.

If you are Patient this is a good game to play, as a game I like Wotr and Kingmaker more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom