Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe I am stupid but I do not understand Pasqal quest line that is now concluded.

Anyone having reached that point in chapter 4, can you explain to me what the whole thing is about and what the decision entails?

std::namespace

bros, what are your loading times in footfall? cause im looking at timed 1:30...

also i would be grand if someone could use gpu-z utility to show the low graphics preset gpu memory usage...

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Maybe I am stupid but I do not understand Pasqal quest line that is now concluded.

Anyone having reached that point in chapter 4, can you explain to me what the whole thing is about and what the decision entails?

there was this super weapon and they did not know what to do with it

to find the answer they split 1 robot boy "amarnat" into multiple personalities (pasqal was one of em, judgement) and sent them to the world and after they come back later with new experiences make decision

the decision is pretty much do you wanna keep this heretic knowledge or purge it

maybe something like this, Im not sure why that 1 fucker wanted to kill other personalities

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well look at last three games from owlcats.
Black ranger with tragic story and sum of his stats was FAR above average. (Well if it happens once then... Was there nearby something where Arabian? like population lived?)

You were forced into throat a black character in WotR in the beginning, and if your main character wasn't tank, it was either she, or be without tank. Wendy and Lann were FAR more useful in backline than try to dodge enemy blows and fight in frontline. Camelia wasn't that great at tanking at low levels, and they basically goaded you into executing her by pilling shit at her. Well, Seela was supposed to be Paladin, but she didn't behave like Paladin. Also I doubt Paladin orders would allow someone who wasn't from a lot of generation living in that country. Blacks had different special warrior types. To be thug, or Hassassin, you needed to be Arabian. You needed to be yellow to be Samurai, and while you could have ninja training, you couldn't pass ancestry requirement to be officially fully fledged ninja.

So yea.
That was second case.

Now we have a character that is AGAIN black. And we are forced to use her for a while, and they are kinda making her important for some stuff.

So either someone from the team has Black fetish, or they are trying to get more sales by doing weird stuff like that.

Seelah is (a) one of the cover art mascot characters for Pathfinder who (b) represents the core Paladin class. Her role as major supporting character is probably contractual because each adaption seems to have been required to feature one of the original Player Character mascots.

I think Ekundayo is a supporting NPC in the original Pathfinder: Kingmaker tabletop module (although I can't confirm this). If so, he also contractually probably has to be there.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well look at last three games from owlcats.
Black ranger with tragic story and sum of his stats was FAR above average. (Well if it happens once then... Was there nearby something where Arabian? like population lived?)

You were forced into throat a black character in WotR in the beginning, and if your main character wasn't tank, it was either she, or be without tank. Wendy and Lann were FAR more useful in backline than try to dodge enemy blows and fight in frontline. Camelia wasn't that great at tanking at low levels, and they basically goaded you into executing her by pilling shit at her. Well, Seela was supposed to be Paladin, but she didn't behave like Paladin. Also I doubt Paladin orders would allow someone who wasn't from a lot of generation living in that country. Blacks had different special warrior types. To be thug, or Hassassin, you needed to be Arabian. You needed to be yellow to be Samurai, and while you could have ninja training, you couldn't pass ancestry requirement to be officially fully fledged ninja.

So yea.
That was second case.

Now we have a character that is AGAIN black. And we are forced to use her for a while, and they are kinda making her important for some stuff.

So either someone from the team has Black fetish, or they are trying to get more sales by doing weird stuff like that.

Seelah is (a) one of the cover art mascot characters for Pathfinder who (b) represents the core Paladin class. Her role as major supporting character is probably contractual because each adaption seems to have been required to feature one of the original Player Character mascots.

I think Ekundayo is a supporting NPC in the original Pathfinder: Kingmaker tabletop module (although I can't confirm this). If so, he also contractually probably has to be there.
In Kingmaker barbarian chick was the iconic character from core books.

cpmartins

Cipher
If you're afraid of getting the massive buggy shaft at the start of act 4, this is what I found on leddit:

If Yirlet isn't in your party in whatever area you were in right before the "soft footsteps" voidship encounter happens it breaks the encounter and then many quest flags in Act 3 and 4. Act 3 will be playable but a lot of stuff is broken in the backgroup. Act 4 will then have everything broken.

I did at the end of act 2:

- Do everything before the final Drukhari ambush encounter
- Go right to dragonus, do ceremony immediately after fending off attack ( make no jumps)
- After leaving ceremony and act 3 starts re-enter dragonus and select Yirlet in the party
- go back to voidship and then make jump, the soft footsteaps scene should play

This has allowed me to get flags working in act 3 and also act 4 works

I have absolutely no fucking clue if this works or not, since I'm still in Act 1. If you already got that juicy shaft, here's a proposed solution:

Ok, so this worked well enough for me so far:

- Go to the Rogue Trader's quarters on the ship (this is important or it won't work)
- Go to 'Etudes' in Toybox and type 'brief' in the search field
- Look for 'KTC_Chapter4Start_Briefing' and expand the 'elements' dropdown
- When in your room, click Play scene KTC_Ch4Start_Briefing'

After I did that, I got what appear to be the proper chapter 4 quests. Hopefully I haven't broken anything else down the line, but it looks okay so far

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If you're afraid of getting the massive buggy shaft at the start of act 4, this is what I found on leddit:

If Yirlet isn't in your party in whatever area you were in right before the "soft footsteps" voidship encounter happens it breaks the encounter and then many quest flags in Act 3 and 4. Act 3 will be playable but a lot of stuff is broken in the backgroup. Act 4 will then have everything broken.

- Go right to dragonus, do ceremony immediately after fending off attack ( make no jumps)
- After leaving ceremony and act 3 starts re-enter dragonus and select Yirlet in the party

I have absolutely no fucking clue if this works or not, since I'm still in Act 1. If you already got that juicy shaft, here's a proposed solution:

- Go to the Rogue Trader's quarters on the ship (this is important or it won't work)

After I did that, I got what appear to be the proper chapter 4 quests. Hopefully I haven't broken anything else down the line, but it looks okay so far

Owlcat has succumbed to xenos trickery!

:argh: :argh: :argh:

Only in the Emperor is there safety from gamebreaking bugs.

Shaki

Arbiter

What if I cant take Yirlet in a party, because she's dead?

Harthwain

Magister
I noticed you can "hire skilled fighters" on the deck of the ship. Interestingly enough it means you can generate extra companions (Icewind Dale-style) and start the first mission after the tutorial with a full party of 6, instead of doing it with a party of 4, like I did on my first try. This explains why the fight with the first Keeper was so difficult.
OK, a follow-up: apparently creating hirelings/mercenaries costs you profit factor and you can't remove these people from your roster after you hire them. It could've been mentioned somewhere but if so, then I didn't see it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I noticed you can "hire skilled fighters" on the deck of the ship. Interestingly enough it means you can generate extra companions (Icewind Dale-style) and start the first mission after the tutorial with a full party of 6, instead of doing it with a party of 4, like I did on my first try. This explains why the fight with the first Keeper was so difficult.
OK, a follow-up: apparently creating hirelings/mercenaries costs you profit factor and you can't remove these people from your roster after you hire them. It could've been mentioned somewhere but if so, then I didn't see it.

It's a known issue, along with a hundred other issues.

I've gotten two crashes from just saving and I haven't even left act 1.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's a known issue, along with a hundred other issues.

I've gotten two crashes from just saving and I haven't even left act 1.
You should kick your pilot out the airlock then.

ChildInTime

Savant
How far into the game can you start equipping power armor to characters that aren't Argenta?

You can pick the ability to wear power armor as early as act 1, but you won't get any power armor until chapter 4.
And even then you need max reputation with the preacher faction, which means pretty much abandoning all the others and not getting good items from those.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
oh yeah forgot to mention this but I picked every dogmatic choice in the game (maybe missed 1 to recruit xeno tree hugger) and did not reach rank 4, rank 5 is at least impossible to reach and probably 4 too

1702800451609.png

there were some free iconoclast choices available without dogmatic option
edit forgot that I killed few companions so that might be the reason

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
I have not seen it mentioned but another "secret" character joining my retinue on heretic is:

Calligos Winterscale who is a Khorne worshipper
9ULGk23.png

I wonder if
Chorda
can join you on a fanatic dogmatic path

EDIT: I was able to solve the quest issues I had with Toybox shenanigans.

ChildInTime

Savant
I have not seen it mentioned but another "secret" character joining my retinue on heretic is:

9ULGk23.png

I wonder if
Chorda
Yes, there are three 'secret' characters -
Uralon, Winterscale and Chorda. But honestly, Chorda is so retarded I don't know how you can not try to kill her at the first opportunity. Also, Winterscale joins you on the chaos path only if you resolved the situation by shouting praises to Khorne during the eldar encounter, lol. I tried to please Yrliet and solved it all peacefully despite being a very fanatical heretic and didn't get Winterscale, only Uralon.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

9ULGk23.png

I wonder if
Chorda
Yes, there are three 'secret' characters -
Uralon, Winterscale and Chorda. But honestly, Chorda is so retarded I don't know how you can not try to kill her at the first opportunity.

Well, IF, I replay I would like to play a normal Empire citizen, ergo play retarded like anyone worhipping a piece of beef jerky on a throne. She does fit in and so would I in a replay :flamesaw:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I really like how they made the dark city, looks fantastic.

Yeah that scene where you come out onto a balcony and you can see it all spread out below you into the distance, and all you see are the other giant tower blocks of varying heights, all of them stretching down in an abyss of depth and distance, it looks gigantic. Just a bit of graphics tomfoolery but it really gives a sense of scale. And the art design for the vibe of it is excellent - as I said, it's spikey emo dark elf, but it's a well-done version of that, with a little hint of Metropolis thrown in. Just a really well-designed blend of s-f and fantasy styles, all the way through the game.

Whatever else you might want to say about Owlcat their, art/graphics team, their music team and their UI team (with their solidly skeumorphic designs) always deliver. (And the rest always do deliver too - eventually :) )

ArchAngel

Arcane
oh yeah forgot to mention this but I picked every dogmatic choice in the game (maybe missed 1 to recruit xeno tree hugger) and did not reach rank 4, rank 5 is at least impossible to reach and probably 4 too

View attachment 44715
there were some free iconoclast choices available without dogmatic option
edit forgot that I killed few companions so that might be the reason
I hope you reported this to them.. it is stupid if this is by design and not a bug.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How far into the game can you start equipping power armor to characters that aren't Argenta?

You can pick the ability to wear power armor as early as act 1, but you won't get any power armor until chapter 4.
And even then you need max reputation with the preacher faction, which means pretty much abandoning all the others and not getting good items from those.
That explains why in colony development you can choose stuff that gives reputation with factions.. I guess I should be doing those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom