Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Shaki

Arbiter
Just reached level level 20 a while ago and got the first "Increase AP" talent. I've been to 3 or 4 fights after and I noticed my party's AP starts at 5, but fluctuates between 4-5 after the first round. I asked around and it seems like it's a known bug.

Any of you guys have a fix/solution for this thing? I'm really enjoying this game and I'd really want to continue my journey but this AP bug is killing ,e
Same solution as for 9000 other bugs, either ignore it and learn to live with it, or wait a year for enhanced edition :positive:
And if you wait a little longer, you can get it for free on the Epic MegaGames store. I am not sure they can keep doing that; it's not exactly topping sales, and it sounds like you guys are all doing the beta testing for free again. Exactly like the two previous games; this time, I am not touching this yet, and it sits in my library.
I mean, this beta testing so far was 10x more fun than playing Bear Gay 3, so I'm very glad I'm doing it.

Shaja

Educated
Is Jae´s companion quest bugged?

I did all the options to become the 1st in the queue for the Administratum. But there is not option in the offices to get the certificate. According to guides on the internet, I already have done everything, but the quest log still says to get the last seal?

Parabalus

Arcane
I fucked up an event on a planet, any good way to retrigger it / reset the planet via ToyBox?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1702738340204.png

janior

Arcane
Patron

I did all the options to become the 1st in the queue for the Administratum. But there is not option in the offices to get the certificate. According to guides on the internet, I already have done everything, but the quest log still says to get the last seal?
yes, it will only work if you shoot the crowd instead of waiting lol

jf8350143

Liturgist
Well since the act 4 is still bugged, I finally decided to start a new playthrough, self buff psyker dual wielding a bolt pistol and chain sword.

Hopefullly Owlcat fixed the melee bug before I reach act 2.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Well I am stuck again, I can not side with the heretic Path on the main quest it seems and am unable to progress due to that.

One of the two first main quests does not continue if you follow the heretic path.

Owlcat_Eyler

This is specific to the aeldari hunting quest, I have Yrliet with me and after the battle with the aeldar in their camp, where you see that Winterscale is a Khorne servant and Yrliet defects because you are a heretic, I can not speak with Winterscale at all, there is nothing in the Village and returning to the ship will not trigger anything, including using the Map.

I will send a Bug report in game as well and try to progress it with Toybox, wish me luck
Hm, that's bad. The team will check the bug report
Owlcat_Eyler Xbox patch when?
It is start of weekend already..
Live already

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No it does not

It does. Only because there is no end game cutscenes taking every action, don't means that every action that you took have no consequence. I have lost some "shopkeepers" in act 3 due act 1/2 choices for eg. The gameplay is simple action/reaction/bonus action and movement instead of I have 666 AP, I use one ap to exploit weaknesses, other to transfer turn and after activating a lot of boring abilities which can't be put under hotkey shortcut and needs to be clicked one by one, I cast molten beam, no visual effect and less damage than Argenta attack which she can do 3x/round.

I know that I will get a lot of hate by saying it but I enjoyed BG3 much more than this game. However, when modders fix psyker powers and make it in line with P&P, I think that I will gonna love this game much more, not as much as kingmaker and wrath. I"m loving the new Shadowcaster and making a DC illusionist/necromancer with it in wrath.

Meet my new cute friends. Guess I won't be playing as a psyker ever

Be glad that you summoned they instead of turning into one of them :O

Saduj

Arcane
I've only just finished the Aurora fight so I've mostly fought against cultists so far. The AI not caring about friendly fire kind of makes sense when you are fighting untrained fanatics who were idiots even before the brainwashing. But can't make any excuses when enemies who are supposed to be trained fighters and who aren't part of a suicide cult act the same way.

I had to try to the Aurora fight more than once to understand the victory conditions and where all the electro priests are. The AI shooting itself is so bad in this fight that I realized that enemy melee fighters were more valuable to me as meat shields than they are to the enemy as damage dealers. I ignored them outside one getting caught in an AOE attack and none of them reached me with full health and only two got attacks off, dealing 9 damage in total while soaking up maybe eight times that amount in friendly fire.

Shaki

Arbiter
No it does not

It does. Only because there is no end game cutscenes taking every action, don't means that every action that you took have no consequence. I have lost some "shopkeepers" in act 3 due act 1/2 choices for eg. The gameplay is simple action/reaction/bonus action and movement instead of I have 666 AP, I use one ap to exploit weaknesses, other to transfer turn and after activating a lot of boring abilities which can't be put under hotkey shortcut and needs to be clicked one by one, I cast molten beam, no visual effect and less damage than Argenta attack which she can do 3x/round.

I know that I will get a lot of hate by saying it but I enjoyed BG3 much more than this game. However, when modders fix psyker powers, I think that I will gonna love this game much more, not as much as kingmaker and wrath. I"m loving the new Shadowcaster and making a DC illusionist/necromancer with it.
The reactivity/CC in BG3 was worse than in Wrath, and probably will be worse than RT, I didn't finish a playthrough yet, but I bet playing full dogmatic/heretic will be much more unique experience than going through BG3 2times, whathever you do. Nearly all the choices in BG3 are completely fake and lead to the same outcomes, and the only consequence is the same one nearly every RPG always had, you kill someone you don't experience his content later, except BG3 reuses good characters between acts much more than other games, so it's very visible on an evil playthrough, when places are devoid of NPCs, despite being full of items clearly showing that character you killed 2 acts ago was supposed to be there. It's extremely lazy and lame.

Combat in BG3 is dogshit, it's extremely shallow, builds are more straightforward than making a Diablo 3 character, and every fight plays exactly the same, you just choose if you want to rightclick everything to death with haste or throw everything into the conveniently placed pit. Also itemization is the most dogshit ever, even beating first pillars. Who cares about fucking 10 items giving me some retarded lightning charges for 1 damage, I didn't even feel the satisfaction from looting/exploring because everything was trash.

Most importantly tho, RT doesn't make me cringe every 5 seconds, exploration is fun and exciting because I actually find cool things rather than faggots and trannies on every corner, and companions are actually well written (with some exceptions) rather than fuckdolls with personality of an average Californian.

notpl

Arbiter
To be clear to anyone who is making the mistake of reading Victor's posts but is still on the fence: psykers are by far the most overpowered characters in the game, and can outdamage absolutely anything else to the point where you'd be deliberately nerfing yourself by making a character who isn't one. This will hopefully change with balance patches, but it is especially important to note that the "three attacks" (as though that were an impressive figure in this game) argenta makes can themselves be psychic powers. Soldier into archmilitant is the generally recommended progression for blaster psykers, though you can do absurd things with an operative assassin as well.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
builds are more straightforward than making a Diablo 3 characte

I don't disagree with many critiques towards BG3.

Is just that I din't enjoyed the gameplay in this game, but yes, character building and itemization in this game is much better.

e: psykers are by far the most overpowered characters in the game,

I'm not talking about generating big numbers. I'm talking about mechanics and lore being in line in RPG's.

IMO Psyker powers should be much more powerful, but also much more dangerous. To the point that you will not spam they every single turn. There are so ways to reduce the perils of the warp buildup in this game that they are an non factor. IMO if the psyker wanna to restore the veil thickness, he should be in a "trance" like state and any hit against him would be a critical hit. Each psyker power should come with a miscast chance, eg, pyromancy blowing up in the psyker's hand, telephaty causing injuries to the brain of the caster, reducing their attributes and etc;

Being a sanctioned psyker should come with nightmares and some attributes penalties due the sanctioning process. Psykers also should be limited to one discipline till high level(pr >= 4).

Shaja

Educated

yes, it will only work if you shoot the crowd instead of waiting lol
Thanks! It worked. Its the only way for bureaucracy to start doing something. Just like in real life.

janior

Arcane
Patron
So am I supposed to take down commisar and/or the snake guy in the dark city with just two party members and no equipment? This is some bullshit...

Vasya

Novice
Did some more testing, apparently the inspire doesn't work on any character's melee or ranged single attack. Melee aoe attack works fine just like bursting fire.

Basically it's not the bursting fire is too OP, the bursting fire is working as intended while melee and single range attack is buggy as fuck.
I mean, burst fire is still OP, because of how it interacts with damage bonuses, +20 bonus applying on every shot in 12 round burst will be 240 extra dmg (realistically even more because it will be multiplied on crits), while for single attack it will be just 20.

Apart from bugfixes, imho they should really make it so conditional +damage bonuses apply only on the first shot, or are spread between all the shots in the burst, with only bonuses from things like weapon expert talents and specific heavy weapon talents, applying to every shot in the burst.
The whole point of heavy bolters, stubbers and all other high rof weapons is to capitalize on those bonuses. The moment they change it, all those weapons go to the cargo.
They have already nerfed bounty hunters by making the damage bonus from "Cull the bold" to only apply to the first shot (without changing the description, as expected from owlcats). I guess they thought that BS/2 is ok to add to every shot, they didn't expect for people to stack versatility so fast.

Lamiosa

Educated
So am I supposed to take down commisar and/or the snake guy in the dark city with just two party members and no equipment? This is some bullshit...
Try to position your characters in a way that make the enemies shoot themselves. And Abelard should deflect a lot of damage if you use his ap mostly for defensive skills. But yes, depending on how your RT was built, that battle can be really hard.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Need your advice, by the way. What tier 2 archetype should I choose for a warrior with a two-handed weapon? Don't want to be a Vanguard - I'm not really into tanking :?

notpl

Arbiter

Is just that I din't enjoyed the gameplay in this game, but yes, character building and itemization in this game is much better.

I'm not talking about generating big numbers. I'm talking about mechanics and lore being in line in RPG's.

IMO Psyker powers should be much more powerful, but also much more dangerous. To the point that you will not spam they every single turn. There are so ways to reduce the perils of the warp buildup in this game that they are an non factor. IMO if the psyker wanna to restore the veil thickness, he should be in a "trance" like state and any hit against him would be a critical hit. Each psyker power should come with a miscast chance, eg, pyromancy blowing up in the psyker's hand, telephaty causing injuries to the brain of the caster, reducing their attributes and etc;

Being a sanctioned psyker should come with nightmares and some attributes penalties due the sanctioning process. Psykers also should be limited to one discipline till high level(pr >= 4).
That's... fair, I guess? In their defense, the game DOES go quite heavily into the dangers of psychic abilities, veil degradation, and the warp in general. Those are big themes, they're just explored mainly through your companions and story events, while your psyker powers are treated more as a combat convenience and balanced as such to make the game playable and fun. You're basically saying "I wish they had designed the entire game around my MC being a psyker." Which I can't fault you for, since, as unreasonable as it sounds, that kind of is what we expect after Wrath of the Righteous, no? Being a Lich or a Demon in that game defined absolutely everything about the experience from the point you made that choice onward. Reactivity and custom content in this game is comparatively lacking.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well I am stuck again, I can not side with the heretic Path on the main quest it seems and am unable to progress due to that.

One of the two first main quests does not continue if you follow the heretic path.

Owlcat_Eyler

This is specific to the aeldari hunting quest, I have Yrliet with me and after the battle with the aeldar in their camp, where you see that Winterscale is a Khorne servant and Yrliet defects because you are a heretic, I can not speak with Winterscale at all, there is nothing in the Village and returning to the ship will not trigger anything, including using the Map.

I will send a Bug report in game as well and try to progress it with Toybox, wish me luck
Hm, that's bad. The team will check the bug report
Owlcat_Eyler Xbox patch when?
It is start of weekend already..
Live already
I have been checking since Thursday and there was no update for the game.
It says 1.0.0.117 in the game

ArchAngel

Arcane
Need your advice, by the way. What tier 2 archetype should I choose for a warrior with a two-handed weapon? Don't want to be a Vanguard - I'm not really into tanking :?
Assassin seems very gimicky so Arch Militant is your only choice. You can charge and then do Area attacks to get versitality. You can also use something in 2nd slot that lets you burst.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

That's... fair, I guess? In their defense, the game DOES go quite heavily into the dangers of psychic abilities, veil degradation, and the warp in general. Those are big themes, they're just explored mainly through your companions and story events, while your psyker powers are treated more as a combat convenience and balanced as such to make the game playable and fun. You're basically saying "I wish they had designed the entire game around my MC being a psyker." Which I can't fault you for, since, as unreasonable as it sounds, that kind of is what we expect after Wrath of the Righteous, no? Being a Lich or a Demon in that game defined absolutely everything about the experience from the point you made that choice onward. Reactivity and custom content in this game is comparatively lacking.
That game was a sequel though. If this game gets a sequel maybe you'll see that sort of thing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom