Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

std::namespace

i cant sell planet info to the tech22 in footfall...
those arent bugs! those are chaos tricks! be vigilant, citizen!

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
question about secret companions

which archtypes were they and did they have any cool personal talents?
Im surprised I did not get to recruit church woman since I went full dogmatic + probably chose all correct dialogue options with her
So far the only one that i know about is the Chaos Space Marine. He's an officer and master tactician, his unique skill is summoning daemons, and he has a power maul.
96z1MQr.jpg

Lemming42

Arcane
The Seize the Initiative bug has now locked me in place at the end of a battle, the bugged character is the only one left and she's getting infinite turns. Enemies can't move, no allies to grant the bonus action to, totally stuck.

I think I'm gonna have to bow out of the game until it gets to a more playable build. WORK AT IT, OWLCAT.

Shaki

Arbiter
The Seize the Initiative bug has now locked me in place at the end of a battle, the bugged character is the only one left and she's getting infinite turns. Enemies can't move, no allies to grant the bonus action to, totally stuck.

I think I'm gonna have to bow out of the game until it gets to a more playable build. WORK AT IT, OWLCAT.
That's why I always quicksave during battles now, sucks when you have to redo an hour long fight because of a bug, and it did happen to me multiple times

Saduj

Arcane
I'm still in chapter one and just got to the part where you have to fight in a corridor that is intermittently insta-death electrified. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? There doesn't really see to be a way to mitigate this in turn based mode. Is there more shit like this in this game? I'm pretty annoyed by this.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

this was in 1.0 and was supposed to be fixed in 1.1

in 1 ambush battle where you start by yourself I had to respec since u cant attack and allies come in round 2+

I'm still in chapter one and just got to the part where you have to fight in a corridor that is intermittently insta-death electrified. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? There doesn't really see to be a way to mitigate this in turn based mode. Is there more shit like this in this game? I'm pretty annoyed by this.
not too many. you can pull enemies in this fight, stand in non lightning areas or attack ranged and after fight use 1 char to run past em and turn em off. those are on like 50% of time so its not too bad to avoid those

dont run into the fire you imbecilic faggot, good emprah, the idiots postin here...

Saduj

Arcane
not too many. you can pull enemies in this fight, stand in non lightning areas or attack ranged and after fight use 1 char to run past em and turn em off. those are on like 50% of time so its not too bad to avoid those
There's more? :mad: I just hate the "tEH fLOoR iS LaVA" gimmick in all its forms.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
FOR FUCKS SAKE CAN ANY MEETING WITH ANYONE ANYWHERE GO RIGHT FOR ONCE?
(This must have been the 4th time I got attacked during a "meeting" with someone.)

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The AI in big fights is just fucking garbage. Nobody can tell me with a straight face this game has "good combat" when your own bodyguards will happily burst fire you in the back.
Also the save system is garbage. Lost 30 minutes because the game refuses to autosave on area transitions.

The AI in big fights is just fucking garbage.
nah, its pretty good, the csm ran to my side to get the most out of his burst
that alone is better than most games, including owlscat shit
also made me think a bunch how to kill him
i still gotta test if enemies will stand blindly in the navigator persistent aoe dmg spell, its a shit spell though...

the problem is largely that you can out-shoot them, so turtling in chp1 is a braindead option until csm

but fights have enough rock paper sci to be interesting on unfair, those hp values are the deciding factor because they scale multiplicatively
troops are still 25 hp but the commander is 300 so you do have a decision tree

enemy abilities are also variable
ember on footfall, just dashed through abeltard and killed sister in 1 strike... did not expect that...

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The AI in big fights is just fucking garbage. Nobody can tell me with a straight face this game has "good combat" when your own bodyguards will happily burst fire you in the back.
Also the save system is garbage. Lost 30 minutes because the game refuses to autosave on area transitions.
The AI doesn't care about friendly fire at all indeed. I think enemy NPC have dealt more friendly fire through burst fire than they dealt me damage (but I paused my playthrough right before the boss fight of chapter 1 to wait for patches).

Shaki

Arbiter
The AI in big fights is just fucking garbage.
nah, its pretty good, the csm ran to my side to get the most out of his burst
that alone is better than most games, including owlscat shit
also made me think a bunch how to kill him
i still gotta test if enemies will stand blindly in the navigator persistent aoe dmg spell, its a shit spell though...

the problem is largely that you can out-shoot them, so turtling in chp1 is a braindead option until csm

but fights have enough rock paper sci to be interesting on unfair, those hp values are the deciding factor because they scale multiplicatively
troops are still 25 hp but the commander is 300 so you do have a decision tree

enemy abilities are also variable
ember on footfall, just dashed through abeltard and killed sister in 1 strike... did not expect that...
I didn't expect Eldars with 200 dodge, had literally nothing capable of hitting them when they appeared, 2 of these random fuckers nearly wiped me.

Next fight with them I was prepared an destroyed them, but it was nice, having to change equipment and adapt my tactics to specific enemy.

Sunri

Liturgist
Can you speed up naval combat animations? so far I set it to easy dif to speed things up

Lamiosa

Educated
What the hell is the act 3 final fight? 2 forced companions that I never used before, so my team composition is worse than ever. I can't respec my characters to improve my builds. 2 - 3 characters die before they act.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom