Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Erebus

Arcane
I reach Rykad Minoris, it's a war zone and it takes all of three minutes for rebels to attack me.

I reach a prison planet, there's a rebellion, I get attacked less than two minutes after my landing.

I reach Footfall, terrorists attack within 60 seconds.

I reach Janus, terrorists attack within 40 seconds.

At some point in the game, I'm going to set foot on a planet and it will instantly self-destruct.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
his is first real RPG in WH40k world,

There is the inquisitor Martyr. But is not necessarely a CRPG. Sadly the game is too similar to Diablo 3 instead of Diablo 1.

Having a game with proper GENDER instead of body type BS and which tries makes the fictional elements and lore in line too much to ask?!?

:despair: :despair: :despair:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I reach Rykad Minoris, it's a war zone and it takes all of three minutes for rebels to attack me.

I reach a prison planet, there's a rebellion, I get attacked less than two minutes after my landing.

I reach Footfall, terrorists attack within 60 seconds.

I reach Janus, terrorists attack within 40 seconds.

At some point in the game, I'm going to set foot on a planet and it will instantly self-destruct.
I expect this would be one of the ending.

It IS actually one of endings. If you refuse to become a rogue trader captain, and force them to deploy you on a planet, the ending cutscene suggest 1. you finished it under 2 hours. 2. the planet your character was deployed... exploded.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Yup it's a 40k game alright. I'm only a few hours in and I killed a gazillion peasant heretics, met with several incompetent bureaucracies, and counted at least three mustache-twirling giant ham villains.

You know, there's using tropes, and then there's flanderization.

std::namespace

bros, what are your loading times in footfall? cause im looking at timed 1:30...

also i would be grand if someone could use gpu-z utility to show the low graphics preset gpu memory usage...
It is about 30s on Xbox Series X
i found out why the loading times suck...
fucking owlscat... game leaks objects on each quickload and i tend to quickload on quests and failed skillchecks to test all options
aqxQTu3.jpeg

btw
who is fidelio?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamiosa

Educated
bros, what are your loading times in footfall? cause im looking at timed 1:30...

also i would be grand if someone could use gpu-z utility to show the low graphics preset gpu memory usage...
It is about 30s on Xbox Series X
i found out why the loading times suck...
fucking owlscat... game leaks objects on each quickload and i tend to quickload on quests to test all options
aqxQTu3.jpeg

btw
who is fidelio?
a servitor, iirc. I never discovered during my playthrough because from what I heard that's only possible if you don't enter Footfall incognito

a servitor, iirc. I never discovered during my playthrough because from what I heard that's only possible if you don't enter Footfall incognito
well, the servitor kills kas if you give money to girl and the servitor loses eyes, so the hint from 'dead eyes' make sense
i assumed that the servitor is the girls mother
i also kinda asssumed that 'repentance' is the girls name, mystray

When does Act 2 end, is there any time limit?
the dudes around the map always talk about 12 hours... i saw a message of 30min passed when i did something... so im afraid to go to the ship to heal all my injuries, everyone has 4 kek

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Is Dogmatic actually cool and based in this game/setting?

I hate how gay Paladins are in modern D&D

Dogmatic in this game is basically murder hobo in every other modern RPG.

Most of it can be summerised as "let's excute these motherfucking heretics". And it's the right thing to do in the 40k universe.

As far as I can tell there are only a few dogmatic choices are kind stupid, most of them are based.

Iconolast on the other hand is full of bullshit choices that definately will come back and bite you in the ass because it's warhammer 40k.
I just choose not to to not exterminatus the planet , only to get a event where part of my crew is said to be scared out of their mind , 11 people dying and having to drug refugees to keep in control , only to get Heinrix to sat "i told you so!" To my face.. Man didn't lost the opportunity

Yoomazir

Educated
Is Jae seals quest bugged? I did the whole Administratum waiting queue sequence but nothing happens at the end, I see no NPC to talk to. Am I too early? I'm still in chapter 2

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Really disappointed with Mortismal, him saying this was owlcats least buggy game, and perfectly "finishable" at release, led me to believe this would be a relativity stable experience...

What I found is a bunch of bugs, broken quests, broken progression, abilities that don't work, perks that don't work.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is Jae seals quest bugged? I did the whole Administratum waiting queue sequence but nothing happens at the end, I see no NPC to talk to. Am I too early? I'm still in chapter 2
Don't know but her abilities are. She keeps buffing my guys while back on a voidship :D

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I love Owlcat's games, I love Dark Heresy, I love Rogue Trader, I don't mind bugs, woke xenos or nu-Xcom combat, but this game... is an abomination writ large.

This is the worst RPG system I've ever had the misfortune of laying eyes upon. It is bloated, badly designed, badly presented irredeemable trash and well past the point of tech-heresy.

All the innards of this game need to be gutted and jettisoned into the nearest black hole and rebuilt whole cloth from FFG's gene seed.

You there, the Owlcat liaison that posts here, you should be ashamed of yourself. You stood by and let this travesty happen.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I'm through the ending was kinda bad tbh.

I don't think the game has any replay value, which is a shame after WOTR.

It's good for a once through and will otherwise end in the dust-bin of my library never to be taken out again *shrug* bit of a shame.

cpmartins

Cipher
Really disappointed with Mortismal, him saying this was owlcats least buggy game, and perfectly "finishable" at release, led me to believe this would be a relativity stable experience...

What I found is a bunch of bugs, broken quests, broken progression, abilities that don't work, perks that don't work.
I'm really disappointed at CANCER. CANCER said it wouldn't kill me and it did. How could CANCER do this?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

I warned you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom