Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
QA/QC team had 22 people in it huh

8e53OLT.png

fire all of em

Shouldn't the team be like twice that size or something?
No need to fire them but maybe bring a better QA lead, maybe someone with experience working QA on AAA games.
Or maybe their QA is fine and they need more people fixing bugs.
I mean that list of 400 bug fixes 1 week after release was 100% not being worked on for only that 1 week. That was prelease bug fixes as well.

I am willing to bet they did not give them enough time to test it. Last minute development changes, patches upon patches, frantic communication - typical of any software company with an unreasonable release date, especially when it comes to a game which is more complex, coupled and large scale than most kinds of software.

Also, as said before, it doesn't help to find bugs if you don't dedicate any time to fixing them.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How does this game justify having Xenos scum and Imperium/Astartes characters going around adventuring together? Did everybody hold hands and sing Kumbaya? Does the "Rogue Trader" aspect of the game have something to do with it?
RT are not under anyone except Emperor himself and he is not in a position to complain about it.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Is Ulfar like the worst character in the game? stat/buildwise
rYIKhaB.png

He is a solider+arch militant, that make him the second best damage dealer companion, right behind argenta. And they are pretty much interchangeable.

The problem is you only need to have one of them, and argenta is better. He is much tankier than Argenta, so there is that.
Why do you need only one? Is there only one Heavy Bolter in the game? :D
I see he has high Athletics so he is perfect replacement for Abelard. He can even be melee tank for you instead of Abelard but one that can then switch to Heavy Bolter and dish out a lot of damage.

Arch Militant needs to take extra turns to build up their damage, so basically it's better to focus all of your officer's skills on one of them instead of spread them on two.

But you can have both of them in your party. I actually prefer Ulfar because he can do melee attack, and I like running around with one hand melee and a bolt pistol. But the single target attack is still bugged, so you can only spam bursting fire otherwise you will only do chip damage.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
That banging sound on the bridge when rotating the camera was in since the beta. So yeah, reported bugs just haven't been fixed.

Sadly in act4 they've gone from minor annoyances like needing to reload once in a while to one quest after the other bricking entirely. Hopefully the new patch will improve things.

jungl

Augur
The game is lol funny in that it has all these variables stats from passives and abilities trying be le deep yet the AI is complete trash like the mission where jae in the warehouse helps my team by proceeding to unload a clip pointblank in idiras skull then follow up the next turn the same with the fish chicks face. Then the third turn takes out the MC. Pasqual in the corner behind a box just watching all this madness unfold with magnified lenses luckily Abelard is still standing cause he the tank and in the grand strategists armor buff area and Argenta doesn't care shes all giggles and smiles for the emperor taking out stuff with her sniper rifle. Also idiras killer manta ray procs way too easy unsanctioned psyker more like unsanctioned loser.

Hard to recommend the game when its drunk wasteland 3.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The game is lol funny in that it has all these variables abilities from passives and abilities trying be le deep yet the AI is complete trash like the mission where jae in the warehouse helps my team by proceeding to unload a clip pointblank in idiras skull then follow up the next turn the same with the fish chicks face. Then the third turn takes out the MC. Pasqual in the corner behind a box just watching all this madness unfold with magnified lenses luckily Abelard is still standing cause he the tank and in the grand strategists armor buff area and Argenta doesn't care shes all giggles and smiles for the emperor taking out stuff with her sniper rifle. Also idiras killer manta ray procs way too easy unsanctioned psyker more like unsanctioned loser.

Hard to recommend the game when its drunk wasteland 3.
Master Tactician archtype has a talent that makes friendly fire have less effect on your guys. And Vanguard has one that makes it have zero effect on the vanguard.

Incendax

Augur
How does this game justify having Xenos scum and Imperium/Astartes characters going around adventuring together? Did everybody hold hands and sing Kumbaya? Does the "Rogue Trader" aspect of the game have something to do with it?
Rogue Traders specifically have a document from the Emperor that says "Do whatever it takes to turn uncivilized shit holes into good Imperial territories."

So it's carte blanche to do anything or make any deal, with the caveat that you're supposedly doing it for the greater good, and you're in the wild west of space and probably going to die horribly.

And yeah, it means most Rogue Traders get into some very questionable and shady shit.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
"Hey Ulfar, you wanna come with me and break out of this xeno shithole where you're constantly degraded?"
"Nah I'm good, actually."

It all makes sense now I think. The Inquisitor asked for a bunch of Marines, the Space Wolves hate the Inquisition so they sent their greatest idiots. That also explains his stats.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Hmmm, by the way, what difficulties are you all playing on and how is it? A question to everyone
Playing on Daring/Custom. Most of the fights are piss easy especially with a buffed up Argenta. But there are some proper difficulty spikes here and there. Will do Hard for my second playthrough when its properly patched up. And I m one of those who missed out on Ulfar :negative:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmmm, by the way, what difficulties are you all playing on and how is it? A question to everyone
Playing on Daring/Custom. Most of the fights are piss easy especially with a buffed up Argenta. But there are some proper difficulty spikes here and there. Will do Hard for my second playthrough when its properly patched up. And I m one of those who missed out on Ulfar :negative:
Ulfar, Argenta and Pasqal are 3 most iconic companions in this world..

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
  • Fixed damage of chapter 5 ships in space combat - it was about 4 times higher than expected;
pretty much all of those one shotted unfair only way to deal with em was with torpedoes cheese

also 0 talent fixes? kek

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Yeah you get a letter from the Grand Inquisitor saying that you have some leeway to do things that would otherwise be considered naughty. Having xenos on the team probably counts as that - grey area, but you won't be torched for it. I think Rogue Traders generally do have a lot of latitude anyway, but the letter ensures it (and it's reinforced by later conversations - nobody's exactly happy if you have Yrliet on the team, but it's barely allowed, though at one point they do call for her head, similarly as with Idira's big gaffe moment).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I think we figured out in Wrath that there’s a QC bottleneck with the leads needing to sign off on fixes/changes/implementation. Also seems like the programmers don’t play themselves, which creates a lot of extra work for QC and makes some things hard to fix.

Their community management also doesn’t take advantage of free help from grognards because we’re anti-trans or whatever.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I ran into the most hilarious bug where I executed someone for treason twice.

So I shot this dude the first time and came across a new conversation trigger later on where the game clearly didn't realize he was already dead. I chose to execute him again for the laughs, and my PC sprints halfway across the map to BLAM! a bolter round into the dead guy's head.

Unfathomably based bug. :salute:

1703181557652.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom