Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
For a supposedly super wise and smart race, the Eldar sure are retarded in this.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Hey, guys! I've got an important question for you all. Taking into consideration the last big patch, what in your opinion should be changed now(mechanic-wise)? I would like to gather your updated feedback on this.
Got it and already noted about "killing edge"

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Any big bugs left in co-op that anyone knows? Wanna play with some friends but we are willing to wait if there are still "haha fuck you" bugs.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
-20% on gog right now. Is it sort of playable or should I wait for the definitive edition or -50% sale?
In terms of being able to finish quests I think it partially depends on what you want to play, I played Iconoclast in my first play through and bar one thing I had to fix with Toybox and missing Marazhai's quests from Act 4 on it was fine, but I've heard that Heretic still has a few more bugs to iron out. The combat is still unbalanced and a bit buggy but not unplayably so, some things are just very, very OP. Overall it's a very fun game and definitely playable but be prepared to potentially clean up the odd thing with Toybox.

user

Savant
Hey, guys! I've got an important question for you all. Taking into consideration the last big patch, what in your opinion should be changed now(mechanic-wise)? I would like to gather your updated feedback on this.

Haven't played after the patch so I can't help. Huge patch btw, thank you!
In case you do not know this channel, this person has an intimate knowledge of the game and mechanics and goes over some patch notes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLkGqJVgqX0

Now on another note, something that feels bad is that companions always have an edge over the MC or something special the MC can't possibly get. For example Idira with Unsanctioned Psyker or Jae with Gunslinger.
Sure, the MC gets some permanent buffs, but don't know if they make up for these shortcomings of the MC (and I don't even remember if there was something significant since most of them didn't work or went away after transitions).

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The worst offender I have met for now - Ofiicer's "No Respite" talent that gives party members +100 All Stats more often than not.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
what in your opinion should be changed now(mechanic-wise)?

Making psyker powers less D&D 4eish and more in line with lore and other OwlCat games. Having proper visual impact for stuff like Molten Bean, telepath able to take control over the enemy instead of just forcing them to waste resources(like 4e), firestorm working like P&P. And having multiple ammo types for the same weapon, bolters can use dozens of different types of ammo in game, would be cool if you could use Witch Bolts against creatures of the warp, hellfire bolts and tempest bolt https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Bolter_Ammunition#Tempest_Bolts

A option to speed up animations would also be great.

You need to hold space and can end up skiping turns if you hold too much. Was possible to speed up in turn based kingmaker to 10x and 3x in Wrath.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Making psyker powers less D&D 4eish and more in line with lore and other OwlCat games. Having proper visual impact for stuff like Molten Bean, telepath able to take control over the enemy instead of just forcing them to waste resources(like 4e), firestorm working like P&P. And having multiple ammo types for the same weapon, bolters can use dozens of different types of ammo in game, would be cool if you could use Witch Bolts against creatures of the warp, hellfire bolts and tempest bolt https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Bolter_Ammunition#Tempest_Bolts

You need to hold space and can end up skiping turns if you hold too much. Was possible to speed up in turn based kingmaker to 10x and 3x in Wrath.

This is the Way.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You can already speed up animations. Check in settings, there are 3 options. Holding button to speed it up is 2nd option, there is also option that speed them up always.

Andhaira

Arcane

When are you guys making a proper TB WFRP crpg, preferably using the WFRP 2E ruleset from BI (though 4e could also be acceptable if there was no other choice)

Making psyker powers less D&D 4eish and more in line with lore and other OwlCat games. Having proper visual impact for stuff like Molten Bean, telepath able to take control over the enemy instead of just forcing them to waste resources(like 4e), firestorm working like P&P. And having multiple ammo types for the same weapon, bolters can use dozens of different types of ammo in game, would be cool if you could use Witch Bolts against creatures of the warp, hellfire bolts and tempest bolt [URL]https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Bolter_Ammunition#Tempest_Bolts[/URL]

Isn't this game based off the Rogue Trader ruleset from BI, latter reprinted by FFG? If so everything ought to be lore accurate, at least according to the pnp ruleset (I haven't read it as I was never into WH40K, but I recall it got rave reviews back in the day). If you're talking about animations though then yeah, they should match whatever the triggering ability is supposed to do.

ArchAngel

Arcane

When are you guys making a proper TB WFRP crpg, preferably using the WFRP 2E ruleset from BI (though 4e could also be acceptable if there was no other choice)

Making psyker powers less D&D 4eish and more in line with lore and other OwlCat games. Having proper visual impact for stuff like Molten Bean, telepath able to take control over the enemy instead of just forcing them to waste resources(like 4e), firestorm working like P&P. And having multiple ammo types for the same weapon, bolters can use dozens of different types of ammo in game, would be cool if you could use Witch Bolts against creatures of the warp, hellfire bolts and tempest bolt [URL]https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Bolter_Ammunition#Tempest_Bolts[/URL]

Isn't this game based off the Rogue Trader ruleset from BI, latter reprinted by FFG? If so everything ought to be lore accurate, at least according to the pnp ruleset (I haven't read it as I was never into WH40K, but I recall it got rave reviews back in the day). If you're talking about animations though then yeah, they should match whatever the triggering ability is supposed to do.
They didn't follow PnP rules like with Pathfinder but were only inspired by them. If they did this to a game that was based on D&D ruleset, the game would be been shit on to oblivion like we did with some D&D RPGs in the past.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Isn't this game based off the Rogue Trader ruleset

Nope. Lousily inspired.

Psyker powers for eg, fells more like D&D 4e spells than tabletop powers.

he game would be been shit on to oblivion like we did with some D&D RPGs in the past.

That depends on the ruleset that they chose to adapt.

Imagine if thsi game followed GURPS rules to the letter. Would be extremely better. https://gurps.fandom.com/wiki/GURPS_Warhammer_40,000

I was thinking about Sword Coast Legends and some other past games based on D&D.

They don't even try to be a adaptation. The unique 5e adaptations are solasta and baizuo's gate 3.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I think everyone can agree that the worst part of the game is the crappy custom ruleset.
While bugs can be fixed, it is unlikely that the system will be completely changed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think everyone can agree that the worst part of the game is the crappy custom ruleset.
While bugs can be fixed, it is unlikely that the system will be completely changed.
Hopefully they redo it for their next WH40K RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom