Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/4123681231031285221
Patch 1.1.46 is live!

Lord Captains, patch 1.1.46 is live! In this patch, we’re addressing a number of quest issues, including the remaining problems with Price of Humanity, as well as multiple issues with items and abilities.

Note: The PS5 version has been deployed, but was rolled back a few hours after the update due to a critical technical issue. It may take a few days to pinpoint and fix the issue, we'll communicate it once we are once again ready to deploy it. Please note that for users who have already made new saves after the update on PS5, it is not recommended to launch these saves until the update is restored.

All other platforms are unaffected.

Check https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ for up-to-date information on known issues and upcoming patches.

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

System and stability

• Fixed a case where the user would receive a crash message upon exiting the game;
  • Fixed a memory leak caused by damage-over-time effects from traps;
  • Fixed a potentially infinite turn interruption loop when attacking out of combat. In particular, a party with both Seize the Initiative and Savour the Kill talents will no longer experience a huge freeze or crash when attacking and destroying an object or an enemy before the start of combat;

Narrative

• Fixed another case of inverted conditions in

;
  • After the last patch, the Price of Humanity quest could be incorrectly retroactively removed from some players who had all the correct prerequisites - oops, fixed, these players will receive the quest back. The Imperial bureaucracy isn't very reliable, you know...
  • During the Price of Humanity quest, after the dialogue with

• Fixed a case of incorrect speaker (Marazhai instead of Heinrix) in one of the dialogues at Kiava Gamma;
  • Fixed a case where one of the dialogues with

would only have the "end dialogue" option;
  • Fixed a case where the

• Fixed a case where the dialogue with

• Fixed a case where Yrliet's dialogue could get stuck after she breaks into your chambers - fixed;
  • Fixed a missing condition in Idira's The Door quest, which caused the dialogue to break;
  • Fixed a problem which prevented Act II from completion due to Jae's romance event failing to start correctly;
  • Fixed an issue causing Marazhai's event in Act III to never start if

• Gave a name to the “Empty name” star;
  • It was possible to receive Jae's quest in Act II without Jae in Lord Captain's retinue - fixed;
  • It's no longer possible to give Yrliet away to

during the beginning of Act III;
  • Jae's quest from Act II is now considered failed if the player has completed Act II but didn't complete the quest;
  • Now, at the beginning of Act IV,

They will give the player rumours;
  • Selecting a line

- fixed;
  • The Call of the Edge quest will no longer fail automatically under some circumstances;
  • The dialogue about the

. It will no longer appear for Dogmatic and Iconoclast players;
  • The High Factotum will no longer start an event related to Jae's romance, if the romance has been interrupted or completed;
  • When Yrliet wanted to

;

Mechanics

• Adaptive Antidot - fixed damage caused by toxin;
  • Assassin's "Killing Spree" talent now correctly applies to openings created by "Aim for the Opening" active ability, and has correct text in combat log;
  • By the Emperor's Will,

of Janus have had their Dodge reduced;
  • Exemplar's "Attention!" talent could in some cases affect enemies - fixed;
  • Fiend of Vheabos VI no longer deals damage during preparation round;
  • Fire Within pyromancy talent now works according to description;
  • Fixed a bug causing debuffs on Abelard and Idira to remain after returning from

;
  • Fixed a case where "Go for the Throat" Space Marine ability would send the Space Marine in a random direction;
  • Fixed a set of circumstances where Jae could be added as a 7th member of the party during her quest, which caused various mechanical and UI issues - fixed;
  • Fixed rare cases where the ranged only enemies would be looking for a place to go for too long when cornered by the player;
  • If the player agreed to help Marazhai with

- fixed;
  • Improved Tactics now has correct damage percent in the description.
  • Know-It-All exemplar talent did not show the results of the formula in the tooltip, instead showing +Bonus% - fixed;
  • The game will no longer freeze when an immobilized unit attempts to dodge;
  • Units from enemy squads do not get stuck doing nothing after using a melee attack anymore;
  • Fixed a case where the enemies in Act V would stop and think for extensive amount of time;
  • Wildfire will now correctly work according to description;

Items

• Marazhai has received improved starting equipment;
  • Items: Pyromaniac Boots will now correctly work according to description;

Locations

• on Rykad Minoris starport could get stuck on the way to the last shuttle - fixed;
  • Custom companions won't break your encounter with

• Entrance to the Electrodynamic Cenobium could fail to appear

;
  • Fixed a few cases of enemies not ending their turn on Footfall, making the combat stuck;
  • If you broke a certain construct in the

, companions could got stuck in its ruins - fixed;
  • It is now possible to properly loot

;
  • Some locations received minor tweaks to prevent Ulfar and

from being stuck;
  • Sometimes when you went from

Marazhai could exit your party and cause issues in a fight as an NPC - fixed;
  • When walking into a building on Rykad Minoris starport, characters could fall off the map - fixed;

Visual

• Improved

animation;
  • New visual effects for

;

User Interface

• Character biographies and decision log will no longer disappear from the character sheet;
  • Fixed a case where summoning multiple information windows on the global map screen could cause one of them to get stuck on the screen;
  • Fixed some problems with cursor on the global map when playing on console or with controller;
  • Fixed unexpected cursor jumping during navigation on the global map when playing on console or with controller;
  • It's no longer possible to repair the ship during combat by going to the ship management interface and clicking on the hull integrity button;

Sound and Music

• Added combat voicelines for all the secret companions;

Space

• Fixed a problem with one of the Lance cannons not firing;
  • The space battle near the

did not take into account the results of a preceding book event - fixed. Now successfully launching a torpedoe reduces the number of enemies in the battle;

Miscellaneous

• Added another batch of names to the credits and Shrine of Remembrance (from people who have filled them in late);
  • Changed the method of loading of mod DLL files. Now loading is done by Assembly.LoadFrom method, which will automatically load DLL dependencies;
  • Fixed a critical error with loading DLLs from mods;

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've continued playing my 2nd run, Iconoclast on Hard, game is easier now then before big patch. I am not even using anything broken and there is very little challenge atm. I am nearing the end of Act 2, I am pretty sure my 1st run on Hard where I even used broken characters like Argenta and Cassia was harder (because they were not yet that OP near end of Act 2).
My team is:
MC is melee Psyker with Biomancy, Warrior/Archmilitant dual wielding 2 swords (so I can get more attacks per turn and get more versatility stacks). Going for dodge build.
Abelard is standard Warrior/Vanguard. Going heavy armor and deflection.
Pasqal is Bounty Hunter, focusing on ranged and Int/Perception, not using the talent that gives him free turns
Yrliet is Assassin using sniper, not using Killing Edge as it is broken.
Idira is Grand Strategist, focusing on buffs and GS abilities/talents and debuffing enemies with blinding power.
Jae Heydari is Master Tactician also using a sniper rifle. Only giving her Fellowship and BS as she can ignore enemy cover and dodge with her MT ability. She buffs and shoots for decent damage. Not using any of the Officer or MT talents that give her extra turns.

I will admit that now I do not kill enemies as fast as I did before but their damage/offensive power was also nerfed too much. Only enemy burst fire was the problem, there was no need to nerf them overall

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Owlcat_Eyler still no bugfix for space combat where you turn 45 degree and your ship turns 90 degree instead :(
This bug has existed for months now..
Ok let me quote myself here. I've done two space combats after this latest patch and so far this bug didn't happen.
Maybe they fixed it but didn't include it in patch notes?!
Or they fixed something else that was connected with this bug.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Care to develop?
w1GGFEQ.png

This is a good test as to whether you'll like an Owlcat game. Can you stand staring at this image? This is the kind of character the devs like to write. This is supposed to be a woman btw.

The second test is whether or not you can tolerate bugs and over-tuned fights to pad the runtime.

Harthwain

Magister
This is a good test as to whether you'll like an Owlcat game. Can you stand staring at this image? This is the kind of character the devs like to write. This is supposed to be a woman btw.
False. This is the worst character, in my opinion. Others are between bearable to decent (with some being really good). Even Jae Heydari, who also has significant accent problems, isn't as annoying to listen to. But don't expect writing overall to be too amazing - it can range between average to poor, with some highlights in places.

Last edited:

Sibelius

Novice
I've been playing this for a while, in Act 2, reached Janus. Really enjoying their take on WH40K, think the art and atmosphere (even the UI/HUD) is outstanding and the mechanics & builds, while not being as complex as Pathfinder are pretty interesting and engaging.

My negative impression is that the content seems pretty repetitive, I think it must be 4 separate times now where I have landed on a planet and been ambushed by yet another generic rebel group, the story on each planet and even your own ship seems to be rebel group rebelling against the authority (exception so far being the cult on Rykad Minoris). Does it get a bit more varied as you progress or can I expect the same shit on every planet?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've been playing this for a while, in Act 2, reached Janus. Really enjoying their take on WH40K, think the art and atmosphere (even the UI/HUD) is outstanding and the mechanics & builds, while not being as complex as Pathfinder are pretty interesting and engaging.

My negative impression is that the content seems pretty repetitive, I think it must be 4 separate times now where I have landed on a planet and been ambushed by yet another generic rebel group, the story on each planet and even your own ship seems to be rebel group rebelling against the authority (exception so far being the cult on Rykad Minoris). Does it get a bit more varied as you progress or can I expect the same shit on every planet?
Rebelling against authority or rules is pretty much a main theme of WH40k.
So you can expect edgy elf rebels , different variations of demon worshiping rebels and to top it all off are internal rebels. Even Mechanicus are about being Rebels and so are the Space Marines you find

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found out - this bug should be fixed in the next patch! :salute:
That is strange as after last patch this bug has disappeared from my game. I know I changed the lance weapon, maybe that one somehow causes bugs with turning..

Also I reported that multiple ship weapons seem to do much more damage than their description damage making battles trivial.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It has good/decent base.

But game is as buggy as a Tyranid fleet and require a LOT more balance pass to be actually be good so just wait another year.
It is no longer buggy, it is just unpolished now. Combat balance is now off in too easy direction due to too many nerfs to enemies because they were afraid of backlash if they just nerfed/fixed player skills (which they didn't go nearly far enough).
Also so many tiny problems with inengine cutscenes taking 5-10s longer than needed due to people just standing around with nothing happening, still characters saying stuff during exploring referencing characters and events that do not fit their current place, a bunch of UI issues and similar stuff like that. Like after I reached Act 3 game tells me I cannot pick up stuff from Cargo because my ship is unavailable while everyone is still on my ship :D
Or new tutorial shit shows up about that even with all tutorials turned off from the start and it never popping up for anything else..

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally got new improved Ulfgar in my 2nd run and he certainly was buffed and seems more like a proper SM compared to others in your party. I was also able to replace his starting knife with a proper Astartes Chain Sword.

I still hope they can do another sound pass through the game and improve it in many scenes. Like the Arena battles, the announcer is saying stuff, people around are clapping and screaming and sounds in the scenes are something random. Good sound design is critical. There are many such places in the game where sounds completely miss what is happening at that moment Owlcat_Eyler

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom