Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2 by Saber Interactive - Titus takes on the Tyranids - coming September 9th

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/an-interview-with-titan-comics-writer-george-mann/

comic5-768x530.jpg

Very reassuring.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
No complaints about toxic entitled fans?
Tbh, this alone gives some hope.

And I'm just as worried about primaris marine bullshit and other gw stuff leaking into it as I am about sjw stuff. At least gw hasn't invented a new dumb name for tyranids.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
She is of course an Inquisitor, not a Space Marine.
And? She does not fit in the armor physically and its obvious. Her arms couldn't possibly reach all the way to the gauntlets.

Power- and Terminator armor CAN fit on people if the artist puts effort into it. Whoever drew this did not.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Genuinely surprised that the game's creative director responded constructively there instead of accusing the fans of bigotry:

Soon after their social media history came to widespread attention, Cooper’s position was publicly defended by Warhamer 40,000: Space Marine II Creative Director Oliver Hollis-Leick, who attempted to assure fans that the Senior Writer had ability to put aside their beliefs for the sake of the game’s story.

“Ashley is one of the writers on our team, which includes myself,” Hollis-Leick explained to a number of worried fans on Twitter [1, 2]. “We’re working hand in hand with Warhammer and Black Library to create a true 40k adventure of epic scale. All we care about is delivering an experience that honours everything that makes 40k what it already is.”

2021.12.13-10.56-boundingintocomics-61b7cfa415bbd.png

After receiving a wave of skepticism from fans, Cooper deleted their initial announcement tweet, eventually posting a more somber follow-up message in an attempt to reassure fans of their commitment to the series’ identity.

“We know how much this universe means to you,” wrote Cooper. “We know how much you have hoped for Titus to continue his story. We, and Games Workshop, want to do the game justice, and the fans proud.”

2021.12.13-11.04-boundingintocomics-61b7d161e3230.jpg

One such critic, Twitter user Lord Metal Man, explained the situation to Cooper, writing, “Genuinely hope you live up to that promise. I hope you are aware of the burden you have taken here.”

“Do not take anything said by anyone,” the user continued. “We’ve had our hopes trampled on and mocked too much in the past. It has left us all very cynical. Let us see what time brings.”

In response to Lord Metal Man, Hollis-Leick continued his attempt to extend an olive branch, speaking with one fan who feared “stupid inserts of current day nonsense, identitarianism & unwanted politiking” and claiming that the writers had dedicated themselves to the series’ lore.

He also revealed that Space Marine II’s story has the approval of Warhammer 40,000 author George Mann (Will of Iron, Revelations, and The Fallen), and promised that the game will match the tone the franchise is known for.

“That trailer matches our vision perfectly,” Hollis-Leick explained. “It’s not just a glossy marketing piece. When we say grim dark, we mean GRIM DARK. It’s BRUTAL. True Angel of Death moments a plenty.”

2021.12.13-11.07-boundingintocomics-61b7d2305bbb4.jpg
Yeah it does not make too much sense to fuck with the one character no one has any complaints about, but the Emperor will judge the result.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's a niche title and It's early days. They are trying to maintain the fan base relatively happy, but shit will invariably hit the fan, these fuckers can't help themselves, they see it as an act of defiance against nazis and a hobby that has killed millions of trans and gay Martyr's.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I don't normally have much of an eye for art or anything, so don't care too much. But is this chick supposed to have arms growing out of her ears or spreading from her back like gruesome angel wings or what? This is beyond retarded. I could buy it if they said her arms only went partway down the suit's arms and the rest was controls, but the way this is set up, where do her arms go? Like is she constantly standing in a Y pose or what? Stupid shit art.

Gumsmith

Educated
I don't normally have much of an eye for art or anything, so don't care too much. But is this chick supposed to have arms growing out of her ears or spreading from her back like gruesome angel wings or what? This is beyond retarded. I could buy it if they said her arms only went partway down the suit's arms and the rest was controls, but the way this is set up, where do her arms go? Like is she constantly standing in a Y pose or what? Stupid shit art.

tumblr_oo9vvfJu7M1qbyxrno3_r1_1280.jpg
Best not to think about it for too long.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oh I get it now, they're using Dreadknights.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Is it a robot built around a chick's disembodied head? I mean, that's dumb enough but it's the least stupid thing I can think of looking at that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Is it a robot built around a chick's disembodied head? I mean, that's dumb enough but it's the least stupid thing I can think of looking at that.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dreadknight
Close enough and equally inane.

Gumsmith

Educated

Dreadknight isn't far from the truth. Apparently it's space marine terminator armor that she pinched from somewhere and fucked up so it'd be usable for a human. Though as you can see it still looks bloody stupid, considering her arms are supposed to be around in the shoulders-upper arms area.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I can't wait for Sam Neill to reprise his role as an Ultramarine.

Funny enough I just heard about this game and then I learned that the writers are going to destroy the game. Has there been any development on this game that is recent?

Sam Neill, returning to reprise his role and play a Ultramarine for the first time. Or is that some Event Horizon thing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom