Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2 by Saber Interactive - Titus takes on the Tyranids - coming September 9th

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Sam Neill, returning to reprise his role and play a Ultramarine for the first time. Or is that some Event Horizon thing?
The main character of the game in the original looks like Sam Neill.

Parabalus

Arcane
I don't normally have much of an eye for art or anything, so don't care too much. But is this chick supposed to have arms growing out of her ears or spreading from her back like gruesome angel wings or what? This is beyond retarded. I could buy it if they said her arms only went partway down the suit's arms and the rest was controls, but the way this is set up, where do her arms go? Like is she constantly standing in a Y pose or what? Stupid shit art.

tumblr_oo9vvfJu7M1qbyxrno3_r1_1280.jpg
Best not to think about it for too long.
Oh I get it now, they're using Dreadknights.
Dreadknight isn't far from the truth. Apparently it's space marine terminator armor that she pinched from somewhere and fucked up so it'd be usable for a human. Though as you can see it still looks bloody stupid, considering her arms are supposed to be around in the shoulders-upper arms area.

Isn't this still somewhat the case with normal terminator armor usage?

iu

iu

iu

The top of the head is slightly below the shoulders, similar to that ?inquisitor?.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Codex Year of the Donut

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The point is that both types of armor CAN fit on someone with regular human proportions IF the artist has any inkling of what he's doing. The guy who drew that comic does not.

Parabalus

Arcane

The fanfic is then consistent with the original bad design, so what's the issue?

The point is that both types of armor CAN fit on someone with regular human proportions IF the artist has any inkling of what he's doing. The guy who drew that comic does not.

Probably better to stick to the source material than to try and 'fix' it.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Artificer Terminator armour can, but the nature of Artificer armour is that it is custom!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm guessing Warhammer's design is a result of the fact it's easier to make minatures with those exagerated proportions?

I hate how it has infected pretty much most art in the US, especially after Blizzard joined in with their own version of giant spoulders and all that retarded shit, but there's enough cool art in Warhammer to sort of make up for it, where as it comes off really bad when the art is more generic, which happens often enough in modern gaymes.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Warhammer's design is a result of the fact it's easier to make minatures with those exagerated proportions?

Not just easier to make, but more pleasant visually. Human artistic perception is very scale dependent and it's pretty much necessary to exaggerate proportions and mid-level details on small scale figurines to achieve nice visual composition. It doesn't even necessarily makes them easier to cast, if GW wanted easier to produce models they'd just go with simpler, flatter designs.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

I hate how it has infected pretty much most art in the US, especially after Blizzard joined in with their own version of giant spoulders and all that retarded shit, but there's enough cool art in Warhammer to sort of make up for it, where as it comes off really bad when the art is more generic, which happens often enough in modern gaymes.

Not that it's easier, it's more readable from a distance and easier to paint. It's called heroic scale and both warhammer and 40k use it, their LOTR miniatures didn't. But the LOTR line was headed up by the Perry Twins who are huge in the historical market (and mates with peter jackson)

Wider frame, larger hands, weapons, heads etc.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Speaking of damage, can we talk about the fact Space Marine armor might as well be made of paper considering the amount of shit that can easily cut through it? I mean shiiiet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom