Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

Stabwound

Arcane
It looks like Fargo is preparing to do a Reddit AMA which will easily push it to the 100% mark. As long as he does it correctly and pretends he's answering questions and doesn't go all out on self promotion.

hiver

In the same way Isometric is actually a general term nowadays for all sorts of such similar but different views.

I'm thinking it would be great and it would certainly add to the atmosphere and feeling of the game to have "talking heads" from Jagged Alliance 2 or Fallout. What do you guys think? Will the game even be made in that style? Of course, only for selected characters, like in Fallout or Jagged Alliance 2. I don't want them to blow their budget away on "cinematic experience". :hearnoevil:

hiver

You guys are my new boss after all

This could get messy.
It could, which doesnt necessarily mean it will. Leave it to Fargo, he has some slight experience dealing with raging fans.
Besides, it was his pledge from the start to get people involved in some ways and he is making good on the promise.

It actually can work rather well. Check Iron Towers forums on how to do it right.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Fargo said:
And don't worry the game will be violent....edgier the better.
the Codex in-game thing should be a giant dick that attacks the player with buckets of blood while shouting obscenities.

hiver

Old TROIKA engine demo - Best, most beautiful thing i ever saw....

brings a tear to my eye every fucking single time, even after all this time....

Astral Rag

Arcane
Yeah, I concur, isometric all the way. Like Fallout 1 / 2 and Jagged Alliance 2. There is simply no other way. Also, I hope they know what they are doing, and that fan input will be limited. :D
Limited to input from the Codex and NMA ;)

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I WANT VAN BUREN ENGINE! fuck JA engine with all the respect.
I love JA but, its easy to go full meta on it. I prefer VB engine or this:

That's exactly the engine I was thinking about this morning. However, that's not Van Buren. Van Buren was going to be Interplay/Black Isle's Fallout 3. What you linked is a tech demo of the engine that Troika was creating for their 4th game, which never saw the light of day. Van Buren died at the same time Interplay did, in 2003. Troika died in 2005. It's interesting to note that both companies died working on RPGs in a post-apocalyptic setting using a 3D engine and an "isometric" view.

Bitcher1

Cipher
Old TROIKA engine demo - Best, most beautiful thing i ever saw....

brings a tear to my eye every fucking single time, even after all this time....
Largely thanks to Dune's soundtrack, I'd say.
Still, it's great to know Jason Anderson (Bloodlines' creative director) is one of the lead writers for WL2. Even if he already moved to Turtle Rock or somewhere.

SkepticsClaw

Potential Fire Hazard
I'm honestly too excited about this, it's slightly embarrassing. Yesterday watching the cash pile up I felt like a kid on Christmas eve. So far I've put in $115 in three goes but I will probably also try and find some money for the Codex fund, because that would just be glorious and so very fitting.

Hoping to see this at $800k before bedtime. CARRY ON YE LEGIONS OF THE OLD SCHOOL

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I'm thinking it would be great and it would certainly add to the atmosphere and feeling of the game to have "talking heads" from Jagged Alliance 2 or Fallout. What do you guys think? Will the game even be made in that style? Of course, only for selected characters, like in Fallout or Jagged Alliance 2. I don't want them to blow their budget away on "cinematic experience". :hearnoevil:
I don't know. The talking heads are nice but when I think back on those games it's not what I remember. I’d rather money be spent elsewhere.

Like on a tool kit. I started a thread about this over there that you all should go comment in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom