Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
qGGrta0.jpg

I wonder what fig is going to do with 40% of the money

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wow the campaign looks p. gud.

New screenshot also:

medium.jpg

$33
DIGITAL COPY
0 BACKERS
Get Wasteland 3 and early access at a lower-than-retail price. You can add on a console copy for just $18 and get both!
REWARDS
  • Forum Badge
  • Wasteland 3 Digital Copy + Early Access (PC Only)
Estimated Delivery: Q4 2019

Looks like I'm on for 33 bux dis time. maybe 50

apparently, they already have about 500.000 dollars invested, since the limited investor has 1.7m left, and max roof is 2.25m

Last edited by a moderator:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'd rather not

also, I wonder what the Kickstarter to Fig conversion rate will be

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
$33
DIGITAL COPY
0 BACKERS
Get Wasteland 3 and early access at a lower-than-retail price. You can add on a console copy for just $18 and get both!
REWARDS
  • Forum Badge

Another leaker? Shameful. I say it with a heavy heart, but we have to ban Intinium now. There's simply no other choice.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
$33
DIGITAL COPY
0 BACKERS
REWARDS
  • Forum Badge

Another leaker? Shameful. I say it with a heavy heart, but we have to ban Intinium now. There's simply no other choice.

Lol blow me, faggot ;D

Also, it's quite clever, that Fargo sends emails to all previous backers. Ensures big backering this time around, too.

Fry

Arcane
Does it? We'll see.

Just so I've got this right... they're expecting 40% of $2.75 million from backers or $2.75 million is the total they need from backers?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does it? We'll see.

Just so I've got this right... they're expecting 40% of $2.75 million from backers or $2.75 million is the total they need from backers?

You're misunderstanding the chart. They're expecting 40% of the game's total funding from Fig, including both regular backers and Fig investors. They're looking to raise $2.75M on Fig, so the game's total budget is at least 2.75 * (1/0.4) = $6.875M.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Does it? We'll see.

Fig investment is capped at 2.25m of the 2.75m, so a minimum of 500.000 bux must be made from backers alone.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Best of luck to Mr. Fargo!

Supporting if Jason D. Anderson gets back on board. No wait, he should join Obsidian :bro:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
$7m would be a p. nice budget for a semi-indiie game. But they'll probably blow most of it on liquor and whores console versions, VA and co-op.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another piece of skillful concept art, in which the protagonist is shown in the uniform of the good faction.

tumblr_lrouaibnn81qf5489o1_1280.jpg

It's always nice to see that also the younger producers have their say about the art direction the game

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Does it? We'll see.

You're misunderstanding the chart. They're expecting 40% of the game's total funding from Fig, including both regular backers and Fig investors. They're looking to raise $2.75M on Fig, so the game's total budget is at least 2.75 * (1/0.4) = $6.875M.
Oh, well that makes more sense. Otherwise that would've been way too high of a cut.

Fry

Arcane
Normally I'd say a video game is a moronic thing to invest in, but there's a shitload of young-and-dumb money floating around California and not many opportunities for decent returns. Fargo may already have investors in the bag.

I'm assuming "outside partners" = Techland.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Another piece of skillful concept art, in which the protagonist is shown in the uniform of the good faction.

tumblr_lrouaibnn81qf5489o1_1280.jpg

It's always nice to see that also the younger producers have their say about the art direction the game

Brother None also did a bunch of writing on Torment, so with luck he'll be writing the entire faction questline for us.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Oh, well that makes more sense. Otherwise that would've been way too high of a cut.

Fig takes a 30 to 35% cut of the revenue of all their games. Quality and professionalism have their price.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Wow the campaign looks p. gud.

New screenshot also:

medium.jpg

$33
DIGITAL COPY
0 BACKERS
REWARDS
  • Forum Badge

Looks like I'm on for 33 bux dis time. maybe 50

apparently, they already have about 500.000 dollars invested, since the limited investor has 1.7m left, and max roof is 2.25m

3382bef7024f32f1b7d353f726268aa3.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom