Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 coming to Fig on October 5th, introducing two player co-op and cinematic conversations

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I knew about that trademark, i'm on that thread. But did something happen? Are there Wasteland 3 gamer shoes???

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
FeelTheRads appears to be leaking confidential information about the Figstarter. I've already notified DU, so he should get his just deserts very soon.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Fucking post it ffs, who gives a shit about saving $5 for a game that will come out in 2020? That or PM me a fullpage screenshot.

Fry

Arcane
Why do you care? You hate it all things inXile and won't back it anyway...right? :eek:

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is an early bird tier that will be 25$. Only for 3000 backers so if you plan to back it prepare to do it in 1st hour. With this 5$ discount that is 20$. I am almost tempted to do that.. but with 3+ years of waiting for this game I don't think I care to pay upfront anymore.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There is an early bird tier that will be 25$. Only for 3000 backers so if you plan to back it prepare to do it in 1st hour. With this 5$ discount that is 20$. I am almost tempted to do that.. but with 3+ years of waiting for this game I don't think I care to pay upfront anymore.

3+ years? Wouldn't you expect a straight sequel in the same engine to be much faster to make than the original?

Fry

Arcane
Why do you care? You hate it all things inXile and won't back it anyway...right? :eek:
I just wanna see the gamer shoes.

body_width.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

3+ years? Wouldn't you expect a straight sequel in the same engine to be much faster to make than the original?
This will be dated for 2018, you'll see. Then it will be delayed to Spring 2019. Fuck, it will be Q4 then.

Read the whole thing. It sounds pretty good. They wrote they want to concentrate this time on more major kinds of C&C with "macro reactivity" and faction play. It looks like there are buffs and debuffs in combat. There is a skill tree conversation. Cinematic camera is going to be only for key conversations. They promise no SP sacrifices for MP, although they still write about opening and closing location to explore by other players. My feeling is that those closing and opening locations is just having quest completed or failed by someone else and there is no exclusive content for MP.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

I don't think it matters much, CRPG engine writing time is small time compared to content/asset creation time and this doesn't seem to be reusing any of those.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well Fig says Q4 2019 and we know there are always delays. So you can be sure it is 3+ years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom