Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
LqbjSfA.gif

This one is indeed brilliant.

Next set:
P. Removed the teeth, made the horns shorter. Moved the jaw instead of the full face.
SbU7gyo.gif

Q. More frames, different timing.
zIAgIIN.gif

R. Back to two frames, shorter horns, tongue, bigger eyes.
xQfpokV.gif

S. Longer chin to make it more like the original reference of the troll. Change the shape of the horns as well to better represent the troll. Also changed the eye shape for that reason.
4LTGCLF.gif

T. Non-frowning, different head shape, different horns.
iupiTEO.gif

Here the eyes of R are pretty good, but it needs to be the top of the mouth that moves up and down - not the bottom. Take a look at the yellow laughing smileys:

rating_lulz.gif
:lol:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Next set:
P. Removed the teeth, made the horns shorter. Moved the jaw instead of the full face.
SbU7gyo.gif

zIAgIIN.gif

xQfpokV.gif

S. Longer chin to make it more like the original reference of the troll. Change the shape of the horns as well to better represent the troll. Also changed the eye shape for that reason.
4LTGCLF.gif

iupiTEO.gif

Lady Error Ol' Willy Ghulgothas
Your notes/feedback would be helpful and appreciated.

LqbjSfA.gif
i have poor vision so they all look the same. That's poor design, buttons should stay color-coded.

remove buttons alltogether!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Next set:
SbU7gyo.gif

zIAgIIN.gif

xQfpokV.gif

4LTGCLF.gif

iupiTEO.gif
The animation looks like a baby / old person with no teeth trying to eat.

Lady Error Ol' Willy Ghulgothas
Your notes/feedback would be helpful and appreciated.

LqbjSfA.gif
That's your best one yet, headshape is right, maybe missing a tiny bit of jaw. But it needs color differentation, it all melds together too much. Maybe stronger shading, thicker mouth line, and colored monocle (gold? or turquoise like the current one?). Not sure about the anim, it's a bit too pronounced to me.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's your best one yet, headshape is right, maybe missing a tiny bit of jaw. But it needs color differentation, it all melds together too much. Maybe stronger shading, thicker mouth line, and colored monocle (gold? or turquoise like the current one?). Not sure about the anim, it's a bit too pronounced to me.
The shape is fine. Left eye and mouth indeed don't stand out enough. Darker and/or thicker? I didn't even realize the mouth was moving until I zoomed in to 500%. (Does it need to move at all? The monocle gleam is plenty enough animation.)

Agree the monocle anim stands out too much. I thought the same thing but thought it picky to point out if it was just me. Rather than mute the color on it, I think the gleam needs to be subtler. Maybe doesn't need to flash across the entire surface at once, a huge white dinner plate looks wrong.

-----------------

In urelated news, 4chan is still for plebs. Codex should not be marketed to plebs.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
That's fair. I personally like the animation but if you guys don't like I will remove it. As I said though, I want to know what DU thinks about it so I don't spend time improving on it if he has no intention of implementing any of it. I actually like doing this for the community.

fork

And the attention whoring again.

Make a good button, and it might get implemented (or not). It took a long time for some of Zombra's suggestions to get implemented, and tbh most of his are way better than anything you've shown so far.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll leave it at that then, your forum, your rules. Buttons remains as they are then. Was worth a shot.
Your strongest move here is to not give up and make the best possible version of Funny and Prestigious anyway. Finish what you started for the love of the work, not for DU's approval. And try not to flood too many posts while you do it.

Peachcurl

Arcane
DarkUnderlord
What do you think of the ‘prestigious’ one? I’ll wait for your input about it before doing any more work about this.
It's better than the shit gobbling pig.

But then getting fucked hard by Bubba from the prison cell next door is better than being reamed up the ass with a steel beam.

rude

:(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom