Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fkI0bkc.png

the realistic one

VR8mm1k.png

Last edited:

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zizka I liked prestigious, the only disagreement I have with what was already said is I actually like the movement of the mouth, it gives the impression of a stuffy asshole sniffing like a prick. Absolutely perfect for the Codex.

And as much as fork is being an asshole, he's got the facts right. Your posts the last 3 pages or so are coming across like your time is too valuable to "waste" on work that doesn't receive instant positive feedback. I don't judge whether that's your intention, but that's how it comes across and it's super annoying.

I'd second Fork's suggestion; do the work for its own sake, put it out there, if DU feels like it he'll put them in. If he doesn't, c'est la vie and move to the next thing.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
And as much as fork is being an asshole, he's got the facts right. Your posts the last 3 pages or so are coming across like your time is too valuable to "waste" on work that doesn't receive instant positive feedback.

I want to respond to that, to you. I say to you because you sound like someone you can talk to (as opposed to others with which I don’t even bother as you’ve seen in the thread). Look me up on Pixelation and Pixeljoint, both are communities about Pixel Art (I have the same username). I rework each thing I do many times over, it’s not a question of wasting my time. I like to do pixel art and art in general, it’s not a chore, it’s fun. Also, if you check my reply, I usually say « I agree, that’s fair feedback » as opposed to getting annoyed when I’m not showered with praise.

As for ‘positive feedback’, if I’m being honest, it’s not the feedback I appreciate the most. Sure, people saying ‘it’s brilliant’ is cool but what I like the most is feedback like Lady Error (and others) has given for example: it doesn’t work because of this, this and that. Then I can I improve on it. If it’s just ‘brilliant’ then I don’t know where to take it from there. Saying it’s bad doesn’t help and I see that as being malicious. Saying it doesn’t work because… is constructive criticism and I’m always open to that.

All of this being said, I’ll finish what I started. I feel like I owe the people who took time to give me feedback that much. It’d be cheap to leave them hanging.

(And also to annoy Zed something)

fork

And as much as fork is being an asshole, he's got the facts right. Your posts the last 3 pages or so are coming across like your time is too valuable to "waste" on work that doesn't receive instant positive feedback.

I want to respond to that, to you. I say to you because you sound like someone you can talk to (as opposed to others with which I don’t even bother as you’ve seen in the thread). Look me up on Pixelation and Pixeljoint, both are communities about Pixel Art (I have the same username). I rework each thing I do many times over, it’s not a question of wasting my time. I like to do pixel art and art in general, it’s not a chore, it’s fun. Also, if you check my reply, I usually say « I agree, that’s fair feedback » as opposed to getting annoyed when I’m not showered with praise.

As for ‘positive feedback’, if I’m being honest, it’s not the feedback I appreciate the most. Sure, people saying ‘it’s brilliant’ is cool but what I like the most is feedback like Lady Error (and others) has given for example: it doesn’t work because of this, this and that. Then I can I improve on it. If it’s just ‘brilliant’ then I don’t know where to take it from there. Saying it’s bad doesn’t help and I see that as being malicious. Saying it doesn’t work because… is constructive criticism and I’m always open to that.

All of this being said, I’ll finish what I started. I feel like I owe the people who took time to give me feedback that much. It’d be cheap to leave them hanging.

(And also to annoy Zed something)

The attention whouring continues, nonstop:
Look me up there and there, great communities. I practice hard...

Fuck man, noones cares. Post a good button that might get taken, or fuck off.
I'd probably punch you in the face irl, you insufferable cunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

This one is indeed brilliant.

Next set:
P. Removed the teeth, made the horns shorter. Moved the jaw instead of the full face.
SbU7gyo.gif

Q. More frames, different timing.
zIAgIIN.gif

R. Back to two frames, shorter horns, tongue, bigger eyes.
xQfpokV.gif

S. Longer chin to make it more like the original reference of the troll. Change the shape of the horns as well to better represent the troll. Also changed the eye shape for that reason.
4LTGCLF.gif

T. Non-frowning, different head shape, different horns.
iupiTEO.gif

Here the eyes of R are pretty good, but it needs to be the top of the mouth that moves up and down - not the bottom. Take a look at the yellow laughing smileys:

rating_lulz.gif
:lol:

I took your R and changed it a bit to show what I mean:

troll-gif.gif

It can be fine-tuned (eyes, transparent background, maybe head shape and horns)

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Nice edit! I actually tried moving the face up and down at first (instead of the jaw):
tFX2Xnv.gif
your edit looks more convincing however:
troll-gif.gif
I think the only issue left (if we'd go with your edit) is that the likeness tothe troll reference is not quite there yet.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
In other news, this was previously requested by Zombra regarding the 'thanks' button. I used the same head shape as 'prestigious' but made the horns slightly longer.

First shot
I.

Different sign, face and smile.
II.

Different sign and smile.
III.

I don't like this one as it's greatly simplified but I know some prefer when it's more simple. Also, capital letters this time around.
IV.

Bad spelling:

Button A:

Or Button B:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Button" is perfect as is, don't need a new one.

The new Thanks-s I like OK, I-III all nice except you changed the color of the sign. Ruins the joke if the sign is different at all imo

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Quick question for the military inclined. I'm looking at reference pictures for the military salute:

_80060794_harrysalute_get.jpg

Which one would be more appropriate? Open palm like on the left or the right? I take it it's a cultural thing where different countries do things differently?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom