Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Reever

Scholar
Patron
C7V6IfW.png
Now give him an ahegao face
jack-nicholson-yes.gif

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Oh my, another pepe straight from 4chan, that's a major disappointment. I prefered Fantadomat's cope to be honest, at least it was creative and original and he had the common sense not to have that ugly, pale grey outline. He also tried to use the Codex troll which is at least forum related. What a letdown. Now the buttons have even less of a visual identity too.

Time to raise the bar back up:

Sheeple:

A. Whole animation:
Dqk08If.gif

B. Just the walking animation.
H34DxhT.gif

C. Some static concepts:
m7TWOIj.png

8TJhFUq.png

TIk6WzR.png

raTflMS.png
It looks completely off putting because of the stark contrast between it and the normal codex emotes. It needs a complete overhaul to fit in more.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I've reworked ''It was the Alien'' and made a ''bait'' one.

GucGcC9.gif

U9fJNQ9.gif

Coming soon: RPG Codex renamed 4chan Annex

I mean, RPG Codex has a unique mascott, what was the need to back down on a stale, seven year old meme from another forum? Worst decline ever. We've even had decent and unique suggestions by other members for ''cope'' as well (not even counting mine). What an odd decision.

At least anyone can be at ease at posting their own versions of various buttons now, as whatever is being selected is certainly not indicative of what is creative or qualitative.

It looks completely off putting because of the stark contrast between it and the normal codex emotes. It needs a complete overhaul to fit in more.

It does look out of place but not because the current buttons have any sort of cohesion. They originate from all sources and resolutions. So anything beind added can only fit with some the buttons, not all.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
And why is this a premium button? Should be included in the free pack.

Should, but for some reason the new negative ratings are kept away from it.

It needs a complete overhaul to fit in more.

Or perhaps the existing buttons do...

:troll:

I've reworked ''It was the Alien'' and made a ''bait'' one.

GucGcC9.gif

U9fJNQ9.gif

I mean, RPG Codex has a unique mascott, what was the need to back down on a stale, seven year old meme from another forum? Worst decline ever. We've even had decent and unique suggestions by other members for ''cope'' as well (not even counting mine). What an odd decision.

At least anyone can be at ease at posting their own versions of various buttons now, as whatever is being selected is certainly not indicative of what is creative or qualitative.

It does look out of place but not because the current buttons have any sort of cohesion. They originate from all sources and resolutions. So anything beind added can only fit with some the buttons, not all.

The bait could stand out better from the background, and it doesn't need to be animated at all. Remember that even the existing buttons drag down the site's performance.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
That's a sad state of mind.
And believe me, I'm familiar with sad states of mind.

Making fun of you at this point would be punching down so I won’t, it’d be like laughing at the handicapped kid. But, Christ, don’t you think it’s about high time you start setting your priorities straight and maybe turn your life around? Do you really want to be the middle aged guy who spends his free time sending pm to the rpg codex’s females in hopes of luring them to your parents’ apartment with a fucking Frankfurt, sauerkraut or whatever it is German people eat, in hopes that they’ll pity fuck you? Don’t you think you have more urgent matters to attend to than complaining about the state of buttons on 4 chan 2.0?

Like, stop trying so hard in being a cunt and maybe you won’t feel like a totally worthless loser at the end of the day, has this crossed your mind? I’m sorry this sounds harsh but you needed an urgent wake up call about 20 years ago. Now get your shit together and stop whining on how sad you are. The last thing you need is another shoulder to cry on and tit to suck on.

The bait could stand out better from the background, and it doesn't need to be animated at all. Remember that even the existing buttons drag down the site's performance.

The problem is the outline. It’s so small that it looks off if I use one (as it ends up being 1/3 of the size). Regarding the animation, one of the buttons you like is the rage one and it’s pretty intensive animation wise but I guess you mean to only animate when it’s absolutely necessary. I just think a plain hook won’t be much to look at. I’ll give it a shot anyway.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Do you really want to be the middle aged guy who spends his free time sending pm to the rpg codex’s females in hopes of luring them to your parents’ apartment with a fucking Frankfurt, sauerkraut or whatever it is German people eat, in hopes that they’ll pity fuck you?
Sounds like the American dream.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the concept isn't great. I wanted a pixel art looking slut, but the icons are already so small you can't make it lower fidelity and read at all.

Upside, "Begone Thot!" is a close enough substitute and gives me a reason to use it.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Surely peepostare should be added. It'd be invaluable in the cases where you want to communicate "I see your post, and I'm not sure what's wrong with you or how I should react, but I think something is probably wrong with you".

3x.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
i like the spaceship. i think it's your best creation. you are improving, keep going, eventually one of your works will becone a codex button!
Thanks very much!

I've reworked It was Aliens again (animation might be too long)
2zIo8eO.gif

Regarding the baits:
This looks the best to me:
tHyDpIo.png

Outline doesn't work for me:
JdXrBEe.png

Doesn't stand out as much:
jJCQGHA.png

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Surely peepostare should be added. It'd be invaluable in the cases where you want to communicate "I see your post, and I'm not sure what's wrong with you or how I should react, but I think something is probably wrong with you".

3x.png
For a long while I've wanted a button that was just ‘ok.’

Please add the OK button instead of this dumb forg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom