Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Wesp5's VtM: Bloodlines patch is the biggest poison in the RPG modding community

Cat

also: ⛽
Then he removed the moon from the haunted house because muh realism.
is that a joke
No. He removed the fucking moon because it was "too big" and it was "unrealistic". I think he might have added back a smaller moon in a later patch but I honestly don't remember.

EDIT: Just so that people don't think I'm full of shit or making things up.

image.png

It wasn't even a Plus Patch change. He did that shit for the Basic. No more moon for you fuckers.

I just realized that there are people among you who have never played without the Unofficial Patch and thus have never beheld all that heavenly glory of the beautiful, giant full moon in the Ocean House Hotel. I'm telling you all now, it was the biggest, best moon. Huge. And sleepy wesp5 took it away. Many such cases. Sad.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane

It's long back and I probably removed it as well to restore some unused sky box.

Then he fucked up stealth because fuck you, if you want to sneak you have to either play an ugly deformed sewer rat or someone who's literally insane.

I stand to that. What sense makes a Stealth stat that goes to 10 if you are already invisible to everbody at 5? That clearly is a bug.

Then he fucked up the disciplines because people were having too much fun with things like Mass Suicide.

Mass suicide is long back and I don't really remember if I removed it. I just replaced Suicide with Sleep which is an restoration and better for non lethal runs.

Then he added the fucking turnstile and didn't even bother to add an option to remove it until I practically offered to suck his dick if he'd just remove that abomination from the game while half-threatening him with death if he refused.

The turnstile is easy to navigate now and honestly, I am amazed that so many of you glorious RPG players here had issues to traverse it. I thought you like turn-based games :)!

Then he decided that Unarmed, Melee, Ranged, and Defense weren't descriptive enough, so he just had to rename them Unarmed COMBAT, Melee COMBAT, Ranged COMBAT and COMBAT Defense

That was done to differenciate between some Stats and Feats which had the exact names before.

And then he added YO YO YO I GOT DINOSAUR EGGS and CRAB NIPPLES which just keep looping over and over and over and over whenever you get near an NPC.

Most of these floats were already in the game. I just restored some unheard ones like those of Larry.

Yosharian

Arcane

It's long back and I probably removed it as well to restore some unused sky box.

But you wrote in those patch notes that it was specifically to remove the oversized moon? So why would it have been for a different reason, then?

I'm curious about this moon. Is there footage of how it used to look?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I probably removed it as well to restore some unused sky box.
Not everything that was unused needs to be restored. It was left unused as a matter of choice.
There's this thing called artistic vision. If Troika had two moons, picked one, that's their vision. You're nothing but a nit squirming in place fruitlessly with your ceaseless desire to move things around, so you can call it "work" in order to associate yourself with greatness. It's a deception of yourself and of the people who can't read patch notes, which is most of them. You're a scammer and a mentally ill idiot.

Wesp5

Arcane
I probably removed it as well to restore some unused sky box.
Not everything that was unused needs to be restored. It was left unused as a matter of choice.

Maybe. But Tim Cain said several times that the game was released unfinished and why did Troika include all the unused content in the game files? Especially almost all of them in one archive. Anyway, I'm certainly guilty trying to restore as much as possible which I already did for other games, so there is that :). Still I really hope that the current patch is the last one and I can finally stop...

ds

Cipher
Patron
Even if not everything would have made it into the final game with infinite development time (which is almost a given, agreed), there is still value in restoring everything as a sort of in-game making of documentation and just to see what could have been. Someone else can always come around and make a more discerning mod that only restores whatever they think is worth restoring. It's not like anyone is going to play the plus patch by accident (unless they are severely retarded).

Cat

also: ⛽

But you wrote in those patch notes that it was specifically to remove the oversized moon? So why would it have been for a different reason, then?

It's genuinely hard to find any footage of how it used to look due to how long ago wesp fucked it up. Recall that this was not a Plus patch change, but a full Basic one.
vx0owsyisko21.jpg

And no, wesp, you specifically said it was because you thought it looked unrealistic. I remember because I was one of the people who argued with you about this.

I was there, wesp. I was there 3000 16 years ago.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
is that a joke

To be honest the moon would have to be visible in all hubs if it's to be seen outside the hotel. It's left to the player to decide how many nights their adventure takes, so the moon never changing is no problem and can be ignored.

Mass suicide is long back and I don't really remember if I removed it. I just replaced Suicide with Sleep which is an restoration and better for non lethal runs.

How does 'sleep' differ from 'trance' which is the first tier of domination? The original logic (or lack of imagination) behind domination was that two single-target disciplines have a multiple-target version at a higher tier, such as suicide/mass suicide.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
To be honest the moon would have to be visible in all hubs if it's to be seen outside the hotel.

That was my problem although I really don't remember why I did it almost 20 years ago. The moon is visible in other skys but only on that map it is much bigger! So I fixed that until people convinced me about atmosphere or whatever ;).

How does 'sleep' differ from 'trance' which is the first tier of domination? The original logic (or lack of imagination) behind domination was that two single-target disciplines have a multiple-target version at a higher tier, such as suicide/mass suicide.

Sleep incapacitates the victim for the rest of the map while Trance is only temporary. Also we found lists of the originally planned disciplines when we restored them and it seems the multi-target versions were just an easy way to reuse others.

Yosharian

Arcane
To be honest the moon would have to be visible in all hubs if it's to be seen outside the hotel.

That was my problem although I really don't remember why I did it almost 20 years ago. The moon is visible in other skys but only on that map it is much bigger! So I fixed that until people convinced me about atmosphere or whatever ;).

I'm not convinced. I don't think a game like VTMB needs to emphasise open world scientific realism over aesthetics. I would like to see a before & after for comparison purposes.

Yosharian

Arcane

It's genuinely hard to find any footage of how it used to look due to how long ago wesp fucked it up. Recall that this was not a Plus patch change, but a full Basic one.
vx0owsyisko21.jpg

And no, wesp, you specifically said it was because you thought it looked unrealistic. I remember because I was one of the people who argued with you about this.

I was there, wesp. I was there 3000 16 years ago.
Ah here we go. Ok yeah, I think that moon looks awesome personally. WESP removing this is decline. Put it back, dude.

Vincente

Arbiter
But but but Basic Patch is only bugfixes™️!!!! How could this happen?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The hotel is haunted, ain't it? Maybe the big moon is just one other way your eyes are fooling you.

Wesp5

Arcane
Ah here we go. Ok yeah, I think that moon looks awesome personally. WESP removing this is decline. Put it back, dude.

That moon has been back since 2015! I confess that in the early days of the patch I did a lot of things that I reverted later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom