Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Wesp5's VtM: Bloodlines patch is the biggest poison in the RPG modding community

Wesp5

Arcane
I don't think a game like VTMB needs to emphasise open world scientific realism over aesthetics. I would like to see a before & after for comparison purposes.

That is my problem, I am a scientist by profession and I hate plot holes and world inconsistencies in every media. As for before and after, here is some info about the plus patch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w_0C9Oxs48

Yosharian

Arcane
Ah here we go. Ok yeah, I think that moon looks awesome personally. WESP removing this is decline. Put it back, dude.

That moon has been back since 2015! I confess that in the early days of the patch I did a lot of things that I reverted later.
Wait what. So the moon isn't even removed in the current version?

For fuck's sake why are we even discussing this then

Vatnik Wumao
We've been mooned.
30ijsw.jpg

Cat

also: ⛽
Ah here we go. Ok yeah, I think that moon looks awesome personally. WESP removing this is decline. Put it back, dude.

That moon has been back since 2015! I confess that in the early days of the patch I did a lot of things that I reverted later.
Wait what. So the moon isn't even removed in the current version?

If the moon is really back I might have to replay the game.

Wesp5

Arcane
You can use the basic patch, which has a lot less changes although some might have been left over because I created it out of the plus patch years ago, and there is the True Patch from Tessera and the Standard Patch from Norrwin. Both have much less fixes, but also some unsasked changes of their own, because one modders fix is another modders feature :).

Semiurge

Cipher
You were there in the turnstiles
With the wind at your heels
You stretched for the stars
And you know how it feels
To reach too high
Too far too soon
You saw the whole of the moon

Let's pretend the song isn't about Prince for a moment, but about malkavians instead.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It's genuinely hard to find any footage of how it used to look due to how long ago wesp fucked it up.
This is what Wesp stole from you. Never forget.

6BtpgDM.png

Also I finished Bloodlines on 1.2 without any issues, Drog was right. Zero crashes, only three noticeable bugs from start to end, playing through all optional content I could find, all those bugs easily fixed, and some of them supposedly remained even with Wesp's patch (at the time of them posting about it) when I looked them up online. Can we stop calling Bloodlines an unfinished or buggy game that you MUST install an unofficial patch to play now?
Oh I fucking will you sorry excuse for a coder. There's people right in this thread saying that the Steam version is totally fine and doesn't have any game breaking bugs like your unofficial "patch".

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
moon reflects sun, why do you expect vampires to see it more than once?

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp isn't a coder. He self-admittedly doesn't know anything about programming or game engines.

This explains his utter incompetence with fixing bugs, where he makes more than he fixes. You can't even blame him.

Coding has little to do with it, some of the scripts are done in Python which I kind of understand, but the scope of the game is what makes breaking things so easy because so much is interconnected! Like there are over 280 map files with scripts and variables in them and almost 150 dialogue files using the same scripts and variables. Also while I happily confess to the occassional self-made error now and then, "makes more than he fixes" is clearly trolling. Like this whole thread :)!

Wesp5

Arcane

As I wrote before, this moon is back since 2015 so you probably never played the game after that. Good luck in even running the game without my patch or another fix on a modern system today!

Cat

also: ⛽

As I wrote before, this moon is back since 2015 so you probably never played the game after that.
I checked and the latest Clan Quest Mod is still missing the moon. Not sure which version of UP it's based on, though. CQM seems to be the new hotness due to some popular youtuber saying it was the best way to play VTMB and that you should use Clan Quest Mod even for your first playthrough.

CQM writers spell "Yeah" as "Yea", which automatically means they need to die in a fire, never mind their obvious rape fetish and their need to insert a bunch of rape-related plotlines into the game. A garbage mod made by edgy coomers. "Good writing" my ass.

Last edited:

Meepo

Educated
In the mirror universe, Wesp5 is the one making patches for Arcanum.

Patch notes: Improved realism by removing intro movie that showed how oversized IFS Zephyr's gondola was compared to its envelope.

Vincente

Arbiter
In the mirror universe, Wesp5 is the one making patches for Arcanum.

Patch notes: Improved realism by removing intro movie that showed how oversized IFS Zephyr's gondola was compared to its envelope.
Harm now hits like a noodle and has a cooldown because it's clearly a bug that the first level spell in the game is the strongest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom