Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are the best Main Menu screens you've seen in video games?

upload_2021-4-24_11-17-48.gif

Alphons

Cipher
Hitman: Blood Money

Also a really nice touch with how the funeral guests disappear as you kill them.

Last edited:

Cross

Arcane
Starcraft

maxresdefault.jpg

Soul Reaver

Abe's Odyssee

Planescape: Torment (tailoring New game/Continue game/Exit to the Nameless One's condition is a nice touch)

4680-planescape-torment-windows-screenshot-title-screen.jpg

Paul_cz

Arcane
Best menu ever put into a videogame..

The music...the level of detail in all those 3D assets...that team gave a shit about every little thing.

visions

Arcane

AoW 1's is my favorite. It's animated, the art is really nice and the theme song is one of the best (like the soundtrack in general).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Something about Grimwah's menu always makes me smile. Can't put my finger on why.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Good topic. A main menu really sets the tone and I do feel like a lot of the games I get nostalgic for do have very memorable ones.

Already mentioned: Mafia, Rome: Total War, Rollercoaster Tycoon.

One of my all-time favorites is Civilization IV that shows the Earth rolling through day/night with Baba Yetu playing. Very visually simple, but with the song it's absolute kino.

Battletech is a newer one. Gorgeous cinematics with an amazing track; to me it was the highlight of the game it was that good,

I really enjoyed how Thief 2's main menu screen actually still had the Thief 1 main menu screen still visible through the windows on either side. Was a neat touch.
My favourite though is probably Guild Wars: Nightfall's menu screen. Was nothing special, but nice music and scenery and I have a lot of nostalgia for it.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Strictly for nostalgia purposes, I'm including here the title/main menu screen for the first C64 game I played back in 1988-89. Okay, maybe it wasn't the first for me, but it was the first I remember. I felt like I had stepped into a virtual world for the first time, and the little SID tune didn't hurt.

Uo4d59K.png

AoW 1's is my favorite. It's animated, the art is really nice and the theme song is one of the best (like the soundtrack in general).

This is the best one definitely. The music, the art, the credits showing while you watch it scroll. Perfect

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom