Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Does success of Wasteland 2 and Torment mean there's really an enormous population of starved old-school RPGers outside of Codex and NMA?

One can hope.
I guess there is, I loved the RPG classics but took a long time to find the codex after a long time trying to follow other forums (the codex is the only one without moderator censorship and more importantly without self censorship, even if the codex is a relatively small niche site, there are alot of RPG fans without home) there are alot of people that the game industry abandoned and didn't bought the cinematic bullshit.

AC Sleighter

Novice
Does success of Wasteland 2 and Torment mean there's really an enormous population of starved old-school RPGers outside of Codex and NMA?

One can hope.

Of course. The percentage of fans of a game that go online to talk about that game isn't that big. And it's a lot bigger today than it was 10-15 years ago. The further back you go in fandome, and the older you are, the less likely you are to be a messageboardfag.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
They're running out of "interesting" affordable tiers. All 250's is already taken now too.
Brother None tells me he's on it (but it might take some time)

Yeah. Last thing you want to do is pull badly thought-out tiers out of your ass, and we have to coordinate Numenera content with Monte. Gotta keep good momentum going, but also be thoughtful and realistic.

likaq

Arcane
I's time to go sleep. I hope that when I'll wake up there will be minimum 1,5 mil $

Ziets! Mitsoda! Ziets! Mitsoda!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
and we have to coordinate Numenera content with Monte.
Is it necessary that all tiers include Numenera stuff?
No, but if we pull it out of higher tiers, we have to offer something good to replace it, or figure out a good new pricepoint.

Yesss, yesss Fargo, take the money, take it all, so there's none left for Garriott!
Wonder how they're feeling over there now. They could've checked with Kickstarters if there were any major upcoming Kickstarters though, that's what we did.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No, but if we pull it out of higher tiers, we have to offer something good to replace it, or figure out a good new pricepoint.

Cool. Interesting that you didn't think of this before, though.

You really didn't think those very limited tiers wouldn't sell out so fast?

Stabwound

Arcane
Yesss, yesss Fargo, take the money, take it all, so there's none left for Garriott!
Wonder how they're feeling over there now. They could've checked with Kickstarters if there were any major upcoming Kickstarters though, that's what we did.
It doesn't really mean that the kickstarter for LB's project is going to launch right away. It could just be a reveal. If not, that's a pretty major strategical fuckup.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hmm, poster is not included in my tier (or any tier, I guess). Goddamn your monetizing, Fargo. I'll probably have to jump in for that. :rpgcodex:

Kirtai

Augur
Brother None, when were the stretch goals originally intended to go up? I'm wondering how long you thought you'd have before you'd be funded.

Untermensch

Augur
Goddamn that was fast.....I didn't even realize the kickstarter went online and it already got funded.
Further :incline: of the CRPG genre.

This calls for a toast with a glass of black prošek from Vis.

-wish i could share a bottle or two around (really) but anyway - cheers to all.

I'm not :obviously: enough for some wine, so I'll satisfy myself with some home-made Orahovac.

hiver

Živili! Wooooo!

one for posterity:

7todfxM.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom