Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yesss, yesss Fargo, take the money, take it all, so there's none left for Garriott!
Wonder how they're feeling over there now. They could've checked with Kickstarters if there were any major upcoming Kickstarters though, that's what we did.
Did you see Garriott's name and project upcoming and say:
"Really? Lord British is pitching a KS the same week we are? The grand wizard of MMO and Facebook gaming fail? We'll clear $1M in hours that will take him weeks! START THE CAMPAIGN!!"

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nah, Wednesday was our plan and set for weeks, and then LB did his teaser thing. We decided to just move on with our own plan, and hope for the best.
("the best" scenario being like $300K raised in day one? Yeah)

Brother None, when were the stretch goals originally intended to go up? I'm wondering how long you thought you'd have before you'd be funded.
Well, half a day would've been nice, haha. I dunno about intended, they have been pretty well outlined internally for some time now, but knowing what you can and will do internally and having a way of presenting it externally are two separate steps.

Yesss, yesss Fargo, take the money, take it all, so there's none left for Garriott!
Wonder how they're feeling over there now. They could've checked with Kickstarters if there were any major upcoming Kickstarters though, that's what we did.
It doesn't really mean that the kickstarter for LB's project is going to launch right away. It could just be a reveal. If not, that's a pretty major strategical fuckup.
We'll see. A lot of producers still seem to believe Kickstarters will just work with some teasers or even just plonking it down and asking for money.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
It doesn't really mean that the kickstarter for LB's project is going to launch right away. It could just be a reveal. If not, that's a pretty major strategical fuckup.
Most kickstarters are fuck-ups. One has to wonder what some of these people are thinking. Fargo is doing it right.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The sad thing? This will be the only KS I want to donate, but don't have any money (even in the next month). Oh well...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Yeah he is going to have to have one hell of an interesting game as well as a sold gold pitch.

Stabwound

Arcane
To be honest I have way more faith in inXile than I do Gariott...
Agreed 100%.

But it would be one of the greatest comebacks of all time if Gariott were to create a great spiritual successor to the good Ultima games. Too bad the chances of that are about nil.

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
20$ will be unavailable in about 1h...
and besides is MCA already confirmed, since in last 3-4 pages of this thread nobody demands/mentions him anymore....

Catawampus

Learned
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I backed both PE and Torment for over $500 each but I won't pledge a dime to Gariott.

If you can afford $20M to launch yourself in space, you can spare a few million to launch your own game.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
20$ will be unavailable in about 1h...
and besides is MCA already confirmed, since in last 3-4 pages of this thread nobody demands/mentions him anymore....
I don't think he is involved. He gave his blessing and may do some "creative consulting" but I doubt he is officially directly involved or responsible for anything. He has enough on his plate as it is. And by that, I mean the Arcanum LP.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I love how smug Brother None is being now that his job was secured by sweet KS money: "Most producers still seem to think you can just stitch together any ol' teaser in under an hour and rake in millions, but not us, oh no, we at InXile know what's up." , while he probably puked his guts out of sheer terror right before the campaign launched...

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Živili! Wooooo!

one for posterity!!

everyone smile ... :lol:
Na zdraví!
20130306_225016.jpg

Capitalism

Educated
Isn't it strange that I'm more interested in inXile's vision of Numenera setting than this whole "F'N TORMENT 2!!1" hysteria? Plus, the story they pitched is very intriguing, like the story of some game designer jumping from one game company to another and destroying his legacy.

B.t.w. we need to convince inXile to finance Grimoire, and then we can explain this British guy what true RPG is.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I am also VERY interested in the Numenera setting. There's some really cool stuff they could do with it. And even MOAR awesome stuff if Ziets and say oh Mitsoda could add to it too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom