Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
I remember Vault Dweller talking about a Sci-Fi game that he wanted to make after AoD. Kickstarter?

All I know is VD better make that fucking sci-fi game or I'm going to be pissed! (if AoD is successful).

You mean colony-ship rpg? Fuck man, ITS has the most depressing vapourware-to-released game ratio possible.

*Pouring a 40 out for my dead homie Cyclopean*

:(
Is there no emoticon to express the despair I feel in my heart?!?!

Gondolin

Arcane
You mean colony-ship rpg? Fuck man, ITS has the most depressing vapourware-to-released game ratio possible.

*Pouring a 40 out for my dead homie Cyclopean*

:(
Is there no emoticon to express the despair I feel in my heart?!?!

Jesus, Cyclopean! Why did you have to remind me of that?

MOTHERFUCKING KICKSTARTER NOW!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does success of Wasteland 2 and Torment mean there's really an enormous population of starved old-school RPGers outside of Codex and NMA?

One can hope.
The old BIS games didn't sell 10M copies, but there were still many more buyers than the combined user base of NMA and this pit. Presumably not all those people have succumbed to old age yet. And Fargo is also skillfully taking advantage of the cult status of certain titles and people, thus probably ensnaring a fair number of fresh victims.

Gondolin

Arcane
The old BIS games didn't sell 10M copies, but there were still many more buyers than the combined user base of NMA and this pit. Presumably not all those people have succumbed to old age yet. And Fargo is also skillfully taking advantage of the cult status of certain titles and people, thus probably ensnaring a fair number of fresh victims.

At some point he'll have to come up with a brand new title, one that is not a spiritual sequel to anything. Hopefully, his credentials will be fully established with the new generation by that point thanks to the generous financial support of the old generation. It's the magic of KS.

Zeriel

Arcane
Boy howdy, that fabled Kickstarter fatigue really kicked in hard today, there's no way they'll reach--oh, they already reached the goal by the time I saw the Kickstarter for the first time. Oh, internet. Never change.

Kirtai

Augur
Their FAQ mentioned a couple of the stretch goals they were going to list:

Some planned Stretch Goals include adding more writing talent (including some names you may find familiar), increasing the number of companions, and adding more Mark Morgan music (including some live orchestra pieces).

hiver

This calls for a toast with a glass of black prošek from Vis.

-wish i could share a bottle or two around (really) but anyway - cheers to all.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They're running out of "interesting" affordable tiers. All 250's is already taken now too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom