Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
When we are stuck awash in a sea of fucking shit action games, I'm willing to risk backing this. ANYTHING is better than that shit AAA Publishers are shitting out today.

jewboy

Arbiter
I still don't understand how they can make a profit from shipping physical stuff to any country for less than $20 when it could cost 10 times that much for some countries.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh goddammit, grumble grumble grumble...

ohgoddammit_zpsfdf48ec0.jpg

I suppose I can still

:keepmymoney:

before the end date if I change my mind but that tier was disappearing too quickly.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
I dunno, this makes me rethink the entire nature of kickstarter. Is it life-support for a company without a publisher? I always figured it was more a one shot thing to get a company launched into independence?

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
When we are stuck awash in a sea of fucking shit action games, I'm willing to risk backing this. ANYTHING is better than that shit AAA Publishers are shitting out today.

Yep. Voting with your gold is the way to go, if possible.

jewboy

Arbiter
I dunno, this makes me rethink the entire nature of kickstarter. Is it life-support for a company without a publisher? I always figured it was more a one shot thing to get a company launched into independence?

It's to fund games that no publisher would ever touch. For instance any game with walls of text as a feature.

Temaperacl

Erudite
Shouldn't it be "If funding beats $1 million, he will instead contribute 10 cents for every $1 pledged from the $1 million to $2 million mark." instead of "If funding beats $1 million, he will instead contribute 10 cents from every $1 pledged from the $1 million to $2 million mark. " ?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
It made $35,000 during the seven minutes I spent watching the video. I had some doubts about this being successful, but it seems to be doing well. I don't think this'll beat P:E, but two or three million is pretty likely.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Fuck it. Upgraded to the $95 physical tier. I'll argue with Thomas and Fargo about giving me beta access later.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fuck it. Upgraded to the $95 physical tier. I'll argue with Thomas and Fargo about giving me beta access later.

That should include beta access too, no?

Edit: No, it doesn't. But lower digital tiers do. No monetizing, huh? :troll:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Have there been any reactions from the publishers (EA, Ubi) to the success of these kickstarter projects? Like PE and Torment, and their combined millions?

Imagining Riccitiello frowning furiously at the screen.

grotsnik

Arcane
I'm a bit wary of giving InXile more money before I can play Wasteland 2 and judge if it's any good, but on the other hand I do want to support a game like this, so I'm in for $20. Might up that for the beta access add-on, I dunno.

A valid point but it does also make sense to get the pre-production and designing teams back to work ASAP though.

I think it's understandable if some people appreciate the validity of Inxile's position but still feel leery about pledging so blindly to a second project from them. They've definitely done a good job explaining their reasoning to pre-empt the more straightforward cries of 'duplicity!', though.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
God damn, when Colin McComb was speaking I was like "Yes Yuri, I will do whatever you want me to do!".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom