Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
50% funded...

I'm going to go buy myself some beers.
fatfucktrowingmoneyinshipwithwhores.gif

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"This is better news than the PS4."

:lol:

Good pitch video, it really collar grabs your attention. Some humour from Mr. Fargo, and after that information from McComb who semms to be a reliable guy. I wonder who will make the localisation for Potato Empire, not an easy job (same for other versions). Oh well, enough talk.

F5oP0KE.gif

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Hey Brother None, I haven't been able to keep up with all the Torment stuff going on lately because I've been busy but I understand you're a part of the team? What's your involvement on the project? How long have you been part of inXile? Anyway, good luck with this and congratulations, this is looking very promising!

Tigranes

Arcane
Really interesting to see how they decided to communicate the "Why now" question in the W2 update and the video. The limousine thing is cheesy but it's done pretty well as an amateur production and it is pretty effective. I'm assuming they studiously avoided saying "we have to fire people" to avoid memories of Chris Taylor...

Put in $95, probably add a $20 later for the beta.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Damn. On one hand this campaign is for a game from a company that still has to deliver the game from the first Kickstarter. On the other hand, the pitch is fantastic, and I really want this game to be made. Oh well, went with the $95 tier.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Meh, I missed the $95 tier. I'll resist the urge and pledge only $20 this time.

I'm very impressed by their presentation though. Best opening pitch for a cRPG on Kickstarter ever.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Seems like it'll make a million before 24 h quite easily. I think P:E did less than that the first day.

Ah man, this is so sweet. InXile bringing the :incline: single-handedly. And that pitch. Wow! Sets new standards for pitches... I'll try to give them some money surely. I just wish I wasn't so lamely broke, so I could throw more. But, oh well. I must be glad to be able to give anything at all! What's funny, I'm no great Torment fan, and not a big storyfag, but this pitch is so good, and makes the game seem so interesting, that I just can't miss this chance to pledge. Guess I'm becoming an InXile fanboy... :D

TLDR: :takemymoney:

Castanova

Prophet
great flow to the story and characters ... the dialogues ... it looked beautiful ...
So i wouldn´t go as far as claiming that PS:T had horrible gameplay.

So it had good story, dialogues, and graphics... tell me again how that has anytihng to do with the gameplay? The quest design maybe was great from a story perspective but if you think fed-ex is an example of good gameplay then.... yikes.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Helped true bros fighting the good fight with their kickstarter videos and grabbed the Cypher collection - it appears to be pretty fucking awesome.

:obviously:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So it had good story, dialogues, and graphics... tell me again how that has anytihng to do with the gameplay? The quest design maybe was great from a story perspective but if you think fed-ex is an example of good gameplay then.... yikes.

Isn't all that gameplay? story, dialogue, graphics, quest design, etc. PS:T was lacking in several fronts, especially the combat and the ending, but fuck me if the journey through it was not the best piece of "gameplay" i ever experienced in an crpg.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
dunno. for me planescape torment was all about the writing... and currently there's no really good writer working at inxile.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Holy shit this KS is super fast isn't it? Launched a few hous ago and its already over 500 K. Is ist faster than project Eternity and Wasteland 2 ? Anyways, did my patriotic duty and got the Patron of the Arts 35 Dollar edition.:salute:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
dunno. for me planescape torment was all about the writing... and currently there's no really good writer working at inxile.
The fuck ?

McComb and Cook did so much of work on the PS:T setting among other things.. really not sure if serious, but this is the dreamiest dream team so far, I don't even mind the lack of MCA on this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom